Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the youtube. Judge Orozco sounds nervous. :)

She did! Totally OT but I'm in law school and we had to present oral presentations before real judges and my voice kept getting raspier and raspier. I could see the judges begin to whisper so the raspier I got. Then one offered me water lol. That's when I decided not to be a trial attorney. :p Kinda nice to see a big time judge get nervous too.

Madeline....what makes CMJA stand out is that her crime is ongoing. She's not done. She's made it clear that she exists now for the purpose of destroying TA's family and TA's reputation.

It isn't even TA's slaughter that makes me yearn for the DP. It's that if given LWOP she'll be allowed to keep killing ,using her verbal knives.

I do whenever I drive by San Quentin. I wave. I hope Scott is leading a miserable life. If CA ever gets it's act together on the Death Penalty, we may live to see him die.

Don't count on it. There are over 600 death row prisoners ahead of him. He will never be executed. He's not miserable in the way that people had hoped. But his life is over and he'll never be free and no other woman or baby will ever be murdered by him. And the same will go for Arias. She will not murder another young man. She will be restricted in movement. She will live in a cage the rest of her life.

Judge asked Nurmi if he wants secrecy for just this witness alone, Nurmi answered, no just for the ones that are threatened and fearful for their lives, lol, I gather court would be closed to public and media for all the remaining witnesses, because he will probably claim they are all fearful and/or feel threatened, this doesn't sound right.

Still watching the youtube although I'll have to pause in a minute for a conference call. JM said "witness" singular when he said he couldn't answer a certain question without revealing the name of the witness.

If JA is on the stand and the COA did not have JSS Nov 14 '13 super secret ruling, and that is what Nurmi was basing his 10 minutes of time - do ya think he gasped when they told him they didn't have a copy?

The expression is: 3 Hots and a Cot. Jodi won't ever have to worry about losing a waitressing job or not getting a photography job to keep a roof over her head. It just won't be the luxury of Travis's big house that she got accustomed to and thought of as her own.

Like the expression! Remember when KC said that she felt independent (for the first time) in jail?:thinking: I really don't care if Arias has a gala time in prison--girlfriends, snacks from commissary and all of that. As long as she is behind bars for good I'm okay. If she gets the death penalty then even better.

If JA is on the stand and the COA did not have JSS Nov 14 '13 super secret ruling, and that is what Nurmi was basing his 10 minutes of time - do ya think he gasped when they told him they didn't have a copy?

"Whoops"

Judge asked Nurmi if he wants secrecy for just this witness alone, Nurmi answered, no just for the ones that are threatened and fear for their lives, lol, I gather court would be closed to public and media for all the remaining witnesses, because he will probably claim they are all fearful and/or feel threatened, this doesn't sound right.

Correct every witness will be secret if the appeals Court lets nurmi get away with this. It's all but guaranteed.

That's really none of the public's concern and, IMO, the public really needs to get over worrying how Arias will feel or react or adjust to her surroundings in state prison.

The judge doesn't dictate how prisons are run and that is not their perview. Once Arias is sentenced and at Perryville, it's not up to the judge where she spends her time or how she spends her time.

As far as the public is concerned, their only consideration should be if they (the public) are safe. And yes they are with Arias in prison for the rest of her (and many other people's) lives. This constant need for revenge and torture is not the definition of justice. Justice is making sure this killer will never be able to prey on the public again. And that is assured and it's forever.

I disagree with your opinion.

In my opinion, i think she deserves a just punishment for her crime.

And having a good understanding of knowing the result of the different types of sentences she could get helps me to understand which punishment she is more deserving of.

IMO, she deserves the DP for multiple reasons.
1-It helps keep other prisoners safe by locking her up by her lonesome (because I am convinced she will kill again given the chance, even with a sharpened pen to the neck of another prisoner)

2-It will help prevent her from profiting off of her crime by making it more difficult for her to sell her trace art to the public.

3-DP is what she deserves IMO for her brutal and savage murder of TA.

Sounds a little like cerebal palsey to me. I've heard a comedian with it and sounded just like him.

Yes.

I like it, though, because otherwise you have no idea what the judges are thinking or what issues they are most interested in hearing you address.

I can't recall exactly--muscular dystrophy maybe? He's an excellent judge, though, and when he was a lawyer argued before the U.S. Supreme Court several times.

AZlawyer,

I was just thinking, what makes a judge to put a gag order on some cases and not on others?
Isn't it federal court, they don't allow camera's but they do allow illustrators in courts.

No, he knew they didn't have it. It's been sealed too FGS.

Madeline....what makes CMJA stand out is that her crime is ongoing. She's not done. She's made it clear that she exists now for the purpose of destroying TA's family and TA's reputation.

It isn't even TA's slaughter that makes me yearn for the DP. It's that if given LWOP she'll be allowed to keep killing ,using her verbal knives.

I keep remembering the text where Travis talks about her dramatics....I think Jodi lives for drama and manipulation, she thinks it gives her power over people by telling herself how much smarter she is than the rest of humanity. "Mark my words", etc etc etc.

In prison she will continue to manipulate inmates, guards and the legal system, enough is enough.

No one who's sane believes Arias' lies. She's an idiot and can't keep her story going without changing it. Same as other evil murderers. She has done nothing to TA's reputation. Those who knew him know the truth. The vast majority of the public know the truth and knows he was a good person and even if he wasn't, there is no law that allows him to be murdered. The vast majority of people know Arias was not in danger and that a naked man in a shower was not a threat to her and that she could get away. The few (very few by comparison) crazies who follow Arias are not dealing with full decks anyway. And if it wasn't Arias, they'd find someone else to follow -- there's always some murderer getting attention.

What I suspect is really happening, at least in part, is that people don't want Arias to have the same rights as anyone else who is a U.S. citizen. The fact that she is allowed in the U.S. to defend herself using almost anything she or her attorneys can think of is what is driving people insane with anger. The thirst for vengeance and revenge is helping to fuel the drama (IMO). If the laws are not acceptable then the action needed is to work to change the laws that allow the behavior that is unacceptable.

Arias can only be as effective as people allow. Ignore her and her drama and the wind goes out of her sails. She is a nobody and a nothing and she'll be in a box the rest of her life.

Don't count on it. There are over 600 death row prisoners ahead of him. He will never be executed. He's not miserable in the way that people had hoped. But his life is over and he'll never be free and no other woman or baby will ever be murdered by him. And the same will go for Arias. She will not murder another young man. She will be restricted in movement. She will live in a cage the rest of her life.
You know this how? You have a list?? California has executed prisoners since the Death Penalty was reinstituted in the 1970's. The leader of the Cripps gang Stanley "Tookey" Williams, IIRC was one of the last before the drug methods were questioned. Jerry Brown is very much in favor of the DP, but this is not the thread for this continued discussion.

BOLLOCKS!! So much bollocks!! Wall-to-wall bloody bollocks! I can't even with this DT anymore... I need more beer....

Here you go - it's on the house - round for everyone! :D

x400_300_YH_Brea_Taps_.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6d7fDk1Uxa.jpg

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 49s 49 seconds ago
Hangin in the hallway. Wish I had my sweats and Red Vines lol #jodiarias

The expression is: 3 Hots and a Cot. Jodi won't ever have to worry about losing a waitressing job or not getting a photography job to keep a roof over her head. It just won't be the luxury of Travis's big house that she got accustomed to and thought of as her own.

It won't even be as good as her grandparents' house which she thought was beneath her. She only lived there when she had nowhere else to go.

BBM: I highly doubt this part is true. SP killed their daughter and her child. Unfortunately, the murderer will always be attached to the victim's memory in some way. And, you better believe they think about him. Probably, not as much as when it first happened. Just ask KCL...this is something that never goes away. It fades, but of course the victim's family still thinks about it in some fashion. Most likely when they are making endless appeals, etc..

You think about the murderer EVERY SINGLE DAY! It's been almost seven years for me, and it's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne