Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nurmi is going to rush four witnesses in before the appeal ruling? Bollocks!!!!

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 2m2 minutes ago
Jury was ordered to return to court. Media/Public still locked out for now & waiting outside #JodiArias courtroom.

First tweet since the hearing, media is mum, no where to be found on twitter, hopefully we'll hear something soon, fingers crossed.

Azlawyer, will they stop proceedings immediately upon the ruling of the COA, of course if the ruling is in favor of the media? They SURELY cannot let this continue any longer after the ruling has been handed down.

AZL....do you think JSS called Nurmi's bluff and that he was surprised to end up in AC?

WOW ... :waitasec: so now we have to make 2 [or more] guesses ?

:gaah: I hope this madness ends today !

All of the witnesses will be sealed if the appeals court grants this. You can pretty much bank on it

As a point of comparison. How many posters actually think about and worry how Scott Peterson spends his time in San Quentin? He's in there for life, he's finishing his 12th year on death row, he will never be executed. He socializes with a compatible group of DR inmates, he's out of his cell for many hours each day. Do you give him any thought at all? Lacey's family sure doesn't.

I'm for the DP, btw, but it's really more like LWOP.

Once Arias is put away forever that will be the end of her and all this focus on her.
I do whenever I drive by San Quentin. I wave. I hope Scott is leading a miserable life. If CA ever gets it's act together on the Death Penalty, we may live to see him die.

I thought he spoke well, too.

I think KN presented himself better than I thought he would but his arguments were not really persuasive. Not too much on settled case law. Now, Bodney was very impressive.

Azlawyer, will they stop proceedings immediately upon the ruling of the COA, of course if the ruling is in favor of the media? They SURELY cannot let this continue any longer after the ruling has been handed down.

Yes.

AZL....do you think JSS called Nurmi's bluff and that he was surprised to end up in AC?

No. I think she may have let herself be led down a "slippery slope" of granting privacy requests past the point of constitutionality. But of course we haven't seen her reasoning.

Everyone here is the public. And with all sincere respect, personally I never allow anyone to tell me how or what I should think.

There is no justice for Travis, IMO. He stays dead no matter what. I care about what TA's family wants, but their preferences don't drive the system and shouldn't.

How the public views murderous freaks like CMJA does ultimately drive policy and legal reform, as it should.

If making sure Arias' time in state prison is as miserable and torturous as possible is someone's concern, then they should, I suppose, get a job working in that very prison where they will personally be able to affect her treatment. Otherwise, the public (which includes everyone) has no control over this. The judge has no control, Juan has no control, the Alexander family has no control, it is up to the people who run Perryville prison to run their prison the way they see fit, based on the rules and laws. No one can force Arias to feel a certain way, no matter how much they wish it.

Murderous freaks like CMJA are still covered by the U.S. Constitution and it's laws. The public's perception won't have any affect. If there's something wrong with the Constitution then citizens will need to have legislation to change what's wrong. So far it's still illegal to murder someone. In AZ a first degree conviction can mean a death sentence, but that's not guaranteed.

My hope is that the Alexander family is able to start healing, even just a little. The only justice for them would be having their brother back, alive and well, and that too is impossible.

Azlawyer, you must have clerk friends working at COA right? We can be hip to the game first =)

http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/...und/trial/richmond-newspapers-inc-v-virginia/

The above linked case is what set the precedent with regards to the appeal by Mr. Bodney. Laurence Tribe, a constitutional scholar and Harvard law professor, argued this case successfully. As an aside, Mr. Tribe helped me on a First Amendment issue regarding Victims and Survivors Rights. He is a very kind and compassionate man to those who have lost loved ones from the likes of CMJA.

The 15 year old schoolboy who murdered his teacher Ann Maguire (UK) told a friend that he wants to spend his life in jail so as to not worry about life or money. Arias too will never need to worry about food, shelter and clothing again. Meanwhile, there are millions who struggle to have two square meals a day.

See it worked.

The public forgot all about the VIS, they are so focused on finding out who the "secret" witness is and if they'll get their tweets during that testimony.

No one's forgotten the VIS. Even in open court, things move on.

As a point of comparison. How many posters actually think about and worry how Scott Peterson spends his time in San Quentin? He's in there for life, he's finishing his 12th year on death row, he will never be executed. He socializes with a compatible group of DR inmates, he's out of his cell for many hours each day. Do you give him any thought at all? Lacey's family sure doesn't.

Once Arias is put away forever that will be the end of her and all this focus on her.

BBM: I highly doubt this part is true. SP killed their daughter and her child. Unfortunately, the murderer will always be attached to the victim's memory in some way. And, you better believe they think about him. Probably, not as much as when it first happened. Just ask KCL...this is something that never goes away. It fades, but of course the victim's family still thinks about it in some fashion. Most likely when they are making endless appeals, etc..

So Nurmi is going to rush four witnesses in before the appeal ruling? Bollocks!!!!

BOLLOCKS!! So much bollocks!! Wall-to-wall bloody bollocks! I can't even with this DT anymore... I need more beer....

The 15 year old schoolboy who murdered his teacher Ann Maguire (UK) told a friend that he wants to spend his life in jail so as to not worry about life or money. Arias too will never need to worry about food, shelter and clothing again. Meanwhile, there are millions who struggle to have two square meals a day.
The expression is: 3 Hots and a Cot. Jodi won't ever have to worry about losing a waitressing job or not getting a photography job to keep a roof over her head. It just won't be the luxury of Travis's big house that she got accustomed to and thought of as her own.

Honestly, how do you know that Lacey's family doesn't think of him? I KNOW that I would likely think of the killer of my family member daily. The only relief in my opinion would be their death, and even then I would still think about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne