Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sad for the Alexander family and my heart goes out to them. But I am deeply grateful to these judges for protecting the sanctity of the US Constitution and the First Amendment. :happydance: A huge win imo.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
The stay of secret testimony has been granted by the Arizona Court of Appeals according to David Bodney, attorney for the media.

Poor Jodi, I guess she is not as important as she thought she was.

I know some think that JSS called DT on their bluff. But I believe that her decision was just a BAD one. And now we're faced with MORE delays. Something that could have been prevented.

tumblr_inline_ndnegtyvDR1sb51wg.gif

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
The stay of secret testimony has been granted by the Arizona Court of Appeals according to David Bodney, attorney for the media.

The link is in my siggy, to my brother's and SIL's murder. My own personal opinion.

ETA. Until you have walked that walk, you simply can't say one way or the other. I still walk that walk every day.

Hugs! :grouphug:

Looking good for getting court opened again, I think.

@monicalindstrom: The Stay was granted! Court of Appeals agreed with the media! @michaelbkiefer

So, do they recess and let the court watchers and media flood back into the courtroom?

:great: WOW!!

Totally got excited here in my lounge in the UK, and dropped my cigarette, literally almost setting myself alight. Will totally sue the DT if I die of burns. Won't do it before Judge Secret Stephens though...

Woooooooo Hooooooooo! I wonder how the mystery witness feels right now, all her lies will be exposed once again!!!!!! YAY:happydance::happydance:

A stay means the pause button has been hit?

So no testimony and the jury will have to cool their heels while the next legal hearing is prepared?

From Lindstrom:

Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom · 5m 5 minutes ago

The Stay was granted! Court of Appeals agreed with the media! @michaelbkiefer

If the DT knew full well they were going to be calling this mystery witness to testify, why didn't they have to deal with this whole testifying in secrecy thing prior to the retrial beginning instead of now, mid-stream in trial? TIA

I think Nurmi purposely waited until a last-minute ruling had to be made because he knew it would not be granted if it had been "dealt with" ahead of time. I also think he purposely didn't fight too hard to keep media and tweeting out because he knew they would appeal that and get a favorable ruling in time to thwart this secret witness stuff. He did get some testimony in under cloak of darkness. Not all he wanted, but some. IMO.

From JEN:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago

So we still have to wait and see but this is good news for media getting back in!! #JodiArias ##3tvarias

stay has been granted according to wat

So this means Jodi has to immediately stop testifying in secrecy??? What happens now? Do they move on to the next witness or open the court? Will her identity be revealed??? Such suspense...

Still think the mystery witness is Jodi. The "Death Threats" are the fear of getting the Death Penalty. Even Casey Anthony was Anti-DP. (Is that an okay comparison Lamb Chop?)

Ironic that those who murder in the most heinous way, don't want it reciprocated back on to themselves...So absolutely Ironic.

A stay means the pause button has been hit?

So no testimony and the jury will have to cool their heels while the next legal hearing is prepared?

So, this is not what Juan wanted then, still will delay the trial further. Is that correct?

Can the hallway of people just walk into court now :joke:

I think Nurmi got what he wanted. The VIS will be unfresh in the jury's mind before he puts out his mitigating factors.

Also, the trial will be delayed thus possibly causing a mistrial being too close to the holidays. Jurors might stop dropping like flies

@monicalindstrom: Crt App says JSS can impose lesser restrictions than locking us out, ie. cameras off, media in overflow room etc. #JodiArias @michaelbkiefer

Oh, it's looking very good, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member