Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. I'm confused. So they ruled on the stay. But the identity and transcript won't be released till after they rule on the media's motion?

So this means Jodi has to immediately stop testifying in secrecy??? What happens now? Do they move on to the next witness or open the court? Will her identity be revealed??? Such suspense...

With our luck, they will recess for lunch now.

I hope JSS learns from this and grows a spine. In her attempt to bend over backwards to avoid an appeal, she actually subjected herself to one.

Exactly!

Hopefully someone will link to the order.

From one of the tweets above, it sounds like the court went beyond just ruling on the stay.

BBM: Quick Question AZL :)

Could the appellate court have consolidated both issues, as the trial is in progress ?

That would make the most sense, IMO: rule on the secret witness -- and -- rule on the stay -- because if not for the "secret witness" a stay would not have been requested.

I hope that made sense !

Thanks !

Wait. I'm confused. So they ruledon the stay. The identity and transcript wom't be released till after they rule on the media's motion?

Maybe. We need to see the order to be sure.

Not sure witnesses will want to come back during the holidays so they will either testify or risk being away from home for the Thanksgiving Holiday. For some witnesses it will not matter. jmo

BBM: Quick Question AZL :)

Could the appellate court have consolidated both issues, as the trial is in progress ?

That would make the most sense, IMO: rule on the secret witness -- and -- rule on the stay -- because if not for the "secret witness" a stay would not have been requested.

I hope that made sense !

Thanks !

Or they might have ruled on the stay using language that makes it obvious how they would rule on the secret witness. In which case JSS might say, OK, let's forget this secret-witness stuff and move forward.

Maybe. We need to see the order to be sure.

So what happens if Nurmi does like last time and he claims his witnesses will now refuse to testify and call them off? Can/will the judge subpoena them?

Ok just watched the hearing on my big tv too using my Apple TV! There is ZERO chance Jodi wins this. Not after hearing the appeals court judges asking the questions they were asking nurmi. Zero chance.

Well, it's only a stay of secret testimony. The rest of the trial can go on but since Nurmi implied he wanted his whole case sealed I don't know what he plans to do now.

Well, if Nurmi never identified exactly who/how many witnesses needed secrecy, I suppose he will, now that the ruling is out, claim all the mitigation witnesses need it.

He should have been pinned down on exactly who and how many. Of course, maybe he was and we don't know that info yet.

Well, it's only a stay of secret testimony. The rest of the trial can go on but since Nurmi implied he wanted his whole case sealed I don't know what he plans to do now.
:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

It will only delay the trial if JA has zero not-secret witness for her mitigation case. JSS is free to move forward with not-secret witnesses.

AZL: do you know if the same judges will hear the arguments re:closed courtroom?

I hope JSS learns from this and grows a spine. In her attempt to bend over backwards to avoid an appeal, she actually subjected herself to one.

And Juan refused to be drawn into the hullabaloo. Simply advocating for the Alexander family and their need for closure. Very classy, and very smart.

So how is the Stay actually enforced? Does someone bust into court and tell them to stop? LoL

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 5s 6 seconds ago

We are still sitting in the lobby. We are not allowed in just yet. #JodiArias

1 day of missed testimony won't create a mistrial issue with jurors dropping off. I can't imagine JSS would do anything to allow a complete stoppage of trial testimony for several days, which would start to impact the jury.

So what happens if Nurmi does like last time and he claims his witnesses will now refuse to testify and call them off? Can/will the judge subpoena them?

If they are subject to her jurisdiction and Nurmi requests her to do so. It's his case.

Whoops guess I'm behind .... The stay was granted?? Yup having a new infant so keeps me out of the loop .. Lol.

@ericksonvision: Still gathering details of the appellate court ruling. But what I surmise at this point is there will still be some restrictions. #JodiArias

@TrialDiariesJ: We are back in the courtroom!!! #JodiArias #3tvarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member