Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the story about a young woman who stayed at JB house when Jodi was there? The young ladys mother had to intervene to get her daughtet out of there. Everytime she wanted to leave jA manipulated her into staying. It was also said that JA paraded men in and out of the house.

I remember this story but I take it with a grain of salt.

I had not heard that he did not know she was there. I would have thought one of his friends would have clued him in that JA was sleeping under the Christmas tree.

Well, she's demonstrated quite the talent for squeezing herself into small places (think doggy door) and for making herself invisible when she wanted to spy on Travis (think hiding in his closet, peeping in on him thru sliding glass door, hovering around Lisa's house when he was there......etc).

I know a little bit about Viruses because I did quite a bit of research on them years ago.

I even checked last night for this particular one that forced multiple *advertiser censored* site hits to an unsuspecting user. This was actually a nasty virus that was commonly going around right around the time of Travis death.

What I suspect is Jodi got this virus herself on her PC, and she knew how she got it, and decided to give it to Travis as a "gift".

There were multiple ways to get it. And many variations of it and names of it.

Infected Screensavers was one way, and sure enough one with crawling bugs was associated with this virus in 1 spot I saw last night on a virus forum.

Another way was by email attachment that was sent through email and opening the attachment.

There were other ways as well to pass the infected payload to a PC.

To answer the question you had, if LE could have gotten Jodi's PC before she broke it, they most likely would have been able to find out she had this exact same virus. I suspect that is why she destroyed her machine.

If they have Travis copy of the hard drive BEFORE any Anti-virus removed and deleted the infection, they may be able to tell if he got it from a screensaver or an email attachment. If anti-virus already deleted the virus, it would be much harder for them to know the delivery method. But its a good question and maybe possible.

And also because she probably figured out mileage, gas stations etc for her little trip, along with rental cars and most likely a treasure trove of evidence that shows pre meditation.

I had to jump ahead here regarding a discussion a few pages back.
Please don't assume that if someone is older, or older than you, that they could not understand what is going on in a case and could not vote appropriately. We don't live under a rock.

I am not that old but older than some that were having that conversation and you would love me on a jury. When I believe what I believe, I would hang a jury if I felt I was right. CA would never have gotten off if I had to stay there for another month. You can't say what someone would do because of their age. They may have had an experience or knowledge that makes them the perfect juror for that case.

Just a suggestion to not assume what someone will do or what they may or may not understand. It is insulting.

OMG I just had a little nap and woke up in the middle of a bad dream.

I dreamt that Nurmi put his expert on the stand ALL DAY and all they did for 7 hours was read 3 emails.

Had to rush right here to make sure it really was just a bad dream....right?..???

And also because she probably figured out mileage, gas stations etc for her little trip, along with rental cars and most likely a treasure trove of evidence that shows pre meditation.

Oh, she googled all sorts of goodies, I'm sure of it.

Please don't assume that if someone is older, or older than you, that they could not understand what is going on in a case and could not vote appropriately. We don't live under a rock.

I am not that old but older than some that were having that conversation and you would love me on a jury. When I believe what I believe, I would hang a jury if I felt I was right. CA would never have gotten off if I had to stay there for another month. You can't say what someone would do because of their age. They may have had an experience or knowledge that makes them the perfect juror for that case.

Just a suggestion to not assume what someone will do or what they may or may not understand. It is insulting.

I am 62. And I feel pretty young for my age, having had my kids when I was late 30's and early 40's. They did keep me tuned in. LOL

But age can be a factor when people are discussing relationship protocol. I think different generations have different social more's. It does not mean any one is right or wrong. Just changes in social beliefs. I don't think anyone was trying to be insulting.

But this particular 'older lady' was passing judgment upon TA for his 'making out' with girls and not making relationship commitments. That is an example of a possible generation gap, imo. Again, no insult meant. Just an observation of different social expectations.

I know some things about how that (total lack of) deliberations went down. It really wasn't the split it appears. Let me just put it this way. If you were an elderly person charged with the decision for someone's life and facing down your own mortality and you knew, there was zero chance whatsoever that the death penalty would be imposed due to ONE person on the panel refusing to deliberate and you thought "what the heck, I don't want my hands dirty with a legacy potentially putting someone to death and my vote is meaningless anyway" might you consider just switching for your own peace of mind maybe? Or could you imagine someone or 3 someone's possibly doing something like that? I can.

I have always thought that the vote was really 11-1, with the one being the guy who had lied about being able to consider the DP.

Or as my father used to say, "I wasn't BORN this old!" :cool:

Curiosity got the best of me, so I had to go over to Twitter to see if anyone had given Michael Kiefer his own advice (take a Valium) now that Juan has responded to the deleted sites. If anybody is wondering, they did.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

I've had some private conversations with some jurors but don't feel comfortable disclosing the specifics. It's my impression that the split was not as clean as it seems at 8/4

Meaning there were more than 4 that wanted life?

I have always thought that the vote was really 11-1, with the one being the guy who had lied about being able to consider the DP.

This is what I've always thought as well.

I told y'all Juan had it. But its freaking hilarious to find out it was the DEFENSE who deleted the sites. Lolololol Nurmi needs to sit in a corner with a dunce cap on!

BBM - You mean he needs to be put in time out?

The foremen was for sure a stealth juror. I think we should all just be grateful he voted for first degree murder because I think definitely could have refused to vote for 1st degree.

Question for the computer people. Can the PD find out how that virus got there? If it was in an email, could they find it? They know it showed up on the 28th. I'm not very computer savvy!

If it were important enough they probably could pin it down with some degree of certainty.

Most viruses/trojans are spread using consistent methodology; i.e., one may be spread primarily via email attachment, another downloaded from a page redirect prompt, etc.

Dirty little secret?

Unless you observed it happen, you usually can't be 100% certain.

You got it. Jodi came over to Sky's house to ask her why she didn't like her and Sky told her exactly why and to leave. And instead Jodi walked into the kitchen and just stared at her and her friend while they fixed lunch for the friend's kid (I think). After about 15 minutes she left.

The gall, right? Not exactly the actions of someone with low self esteem.

Yes, that's it. Imo, the psychopath in her feels empowered by having control over others. In her relationship with Travis, it was initially with sex, then in the end it was threats and intimidation. Control, whether it's with sex or intimidation, that's what she's all about. She's like a school yard bully, but unfortunately all grown up now... and much more dangerous. :scared:

If it were important enough they probably could pin it down with some degree of certainty.

Most viruses/trojans are spread using consistent methodology; i.e., one may be spread primarily via email attachment, another downloaded from a page redirect prompt, etc.

Dirty little secret?

Unless you observed it happen, you usually can't be 100% certain.

At the top of this link describes how a person lost his girlfriend getting a very similar virus to what Travis got. Note the dates when these posts were made. In the general timeframe. They lasted a few years before the antivirus companies all got protection for them.
They were particulary difficult to get rid of some of them.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6132_102-357905/*advertiser censored*-virus-help-please/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel