Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
amazing what a more balanced headline does ! Rueters
[h=1]Breaking News: Sonar image of dark object under water presumed to be missing AirAsia plane: Indonesian official[/h]

oh oh, an expert who has done search and salvage in that part of the world is saying hold tight! There are a lot of planes and sunken ships in that area, I assume cause of monsoons over the years, and the sonar may just be painting a different sunk entity

and then i just thought they had been talking about a shadow yesterday, and this object is 2-3 miles away so it does seem a little confusing at this point.

Pages in category "World War II shipwrecks in the Java Sea"

The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_shipwrecks_in_the_Java_Sea

Official: Sonar detects wreckage from AirAsia Flight QZ8501 on sea floor

Indonesian searchers using sonar equipment have located wreckage from AirAsia Flight QZ8501 at the bottom of the Java Sea, a search and rescue official told CNN on Wednesday.
At the moment, they still don't know if it's in one piece or broken up, said the official, Hernato, who goes by one name.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/30/world/asia/airasia-missing-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

amazing what a more balanced headline does ! Rueters
[h=1]Breaking News: Sonar image of dark object under water presumed to be missing AirAsia plane: Indonesian official[/h]

oh oh, an expert who has done search and salvage in that part of the world is saying hold tight! There are a lot of planes and sunken ships in that area, I assume cause of monsoons over the years, and the sonar may just be painting a different sunk entity

and then i just thought they had been talking about a shadow yesterday, and this object is 2-3 miles away so it does seem a little confusing at this point.

Pages in category "World War II shipwrecks in the Java Sea"

The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_shipwrecks_in_the_Java_Sea
I heard the area has major silt which means if the wreckage was old...it would be down into the silt which would give off a different configuration, imo. I think they are sure this is QZ8501 or they would not have told the families.

:newyear::fireworks::fireworks2: Wishing everyone a Very Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year. See you all in 2015. Jamie, xxooxx

Sky news UK - breaking news confirmation from Indonesia that one of the remains recovered was wearing a life jacket.

Update Tweet @SkyNewsBreak - Indonesia search and rescue agency says a body recovered from the crashed #AirAsia plane #QZ8501 was wearing a life jacket
6:50am - 31 Dec 14

:newyear::fireworks::fireworks2: Wishing everyone a Very Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year. See you all in 2015. Jamie, xxooxx

Off topic - Happy New Year to you also Jamie and everyone hope you all have a safe and enjoyable time.

Sky news UK - breaking news confirmation from Indonesia that one of the remains recovered was wearing a life jacket.
I don't know what to say about that. :( However, it doesn't seem plausible.

I have looked all over Sky news for it and they are only reporting no life jackets were found on the 6 recovered.

The bodies - which were not wearing life jackets - have been brought on board a navy ship, said Indonesia's search and rescue director SB Supriyad.

http://news.sky.com/story/1399627/at-least-six-bodies-found-in-airasia-jet-search

Nor did reports of the three "holding hands" seem plausible

Yes, Happy New Year everyone! Festivities are just starting here. Hug your loved ones, stay safe. Best wishes for 2015! :party:

And thoughts to those whose New Year is starting in the saddest of ways. :candle:

I don't know what to say about that. :( However, it doesn't seem plausible.

@SkyNewsBreak - Indonesia search and rescue agency says a body recovered from the crashed #AirAsia plane #QZ8501 was wearing a life jacket
6:50am - 31 Dec 14

I guess they could have known the plane had a fault and they were going to have to make an emergency landing so at least some of the passengers may have had a vest on. Obviously the plane could have crashed before the ditch attempt. Hopefully we will find out what happened from the flight data recorders.

Maybe I just don't want to think about them having time to prepare and then be killed in the crash. Yes, the black boxes will tell us what happened and how much time they did have before impact or whatever broke the plane apart.

Maybe I just don't want to think about them having time to prepare and then be killed in the crash. Yes, the black boxes will tell us what happened and how much time they did have before impact or whatever broke the plane apart.

I'm the same SeriouslySearching I can't think of anything worse and don't want to think they suffered greatly and knew their fate. I had tears in my eyes today watching the distress of the relatives on the news it was very difficult to watch. The only good that can come from this tragedy is that they find out what caused the plane to crash and do everything possible to prevent it happening again.

@YahooSG

#QZ8501: Of the 7 bodies found — with one new male retrieved — one man was wearing a life jacket, says search chief. sg.news.yahoo.com/contact-with-a…

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/life-jacket-found-body-airasia-plane-says-indonesian-065752761.html

I was wondering how those life jackets were found floating. Aren't they usually in a little pack that you have to rip open, found under the seat in a pocket? Then shake them wide, slip over your head, secure the straps, pull the little ring to inflate after you leave the plane ...... here's the whistle, here's the little light, here's the mouthpiece to blow in ..... :(

(I've been on a lot of over-the-water flights.)

I'm the same SeriouslySearching I can't think of anything worse and don't want to think they suffered greatly and knew their fate. I had tears in my eyes today watching the distress of the relatives on the news it was very difficult to watch. The only good that can come from this tragedy is that they find out what caused the plane to crash and do everything possible to prevent it happening again.
I am hoping the story isn't true. We have heard a lot of confusing news that turned out to be false.

I was wondering how those life jackets were found floating. Aren't they usually in a little pack that you have to rip open, found under the seat in a pocket? Then shake them wide, slip over your head, secure the straps, pull the little ring to inflate after you leave the plane ...... here's the whistle, here's the little light, here's the mouthpiece to blow in ..... :(

I kept thinking about the seat cushions that are also flotation devices too (((hold onto the straps))) and I wondered if those were the ''white'' dots in the water MOO

Yep …..just peel down the side to release. I know this might sound stupid - some people who have a fear of flying will put their life jacket on just for the hell of it.

Yep …..just peel down the side to release. I know this might sound stupid - some people who have a fear of flying will put their life jacket on just for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics