Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info about the carrier:

, Indonesia Air Asia, along with many Indonesian airlines, was banned from flying to the EU due to safety concerns. However the ban was lifted on July 2010.[SUP][4][/SUP] Indonesia AirAsia is listed in category 1 by Indonesian Civil Aviation Authority for airline safety quality.[SUP][6][/SUP] In 2011, this 100 percent Airbus airline dominated international market in Indonesia by 41.50 percent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesia_AirAsia

[h=1]AirAsia Indonesia to operate 34 Airbus planes in 2015[/h]

Australian air force pilots have joined the search for this missing AirAsia plane. An RAAF P3 Orion maritime patrol aircraft left from Darwin early on Monday morning to join the search, Defence said in a statement.

Defence Force boss Air Chief Marshal Mark Binskin said the Orion had well-proven search and rescue capabilities.

It has a maritime search radar along with infra-red and electro-optical sensors to help the crew with their visual scans of the ocean.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...rch-for-missing-flight-resumes-at-first-light

The man behind Air Asia

MALAYSIAN business mogul Tony Fernandes took over floundering AirAsia 13 years ago, and transformed it into a hugely successful budget airline.

HE had a net worth of $US650 million ($A703.27 million) as of February, according to Forbes, which listed him as the 28th richest person in Malaysia.
http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/the-man-behind-airasia/story-e6frfkui-1227168710410

I have been reading that he is very much like Richard Branson, in his entrepreneurial abilities, and they have a very friendly relationship and competitive streak between them. Fernandes also owns a motor racing team, among other things.

I have been reading that he is very much like Richard Branson, in his entrepreneurial abilities, and they have a very friendly relationship and competitive streak between them. Fernandes also owns a motor racing team, among other things.

Sounds like he did a good job turning the airline around... considering the EU ban was lifted. :twocents:

I don't care if they are waiting for confirmation.
There should not be two planes out there with the same flight number.
What if it did land and takes off again... they will have to decipher which is the 1st and which is the 2nd.
That is ridiculous. They should have changed the flight number, even if temporarily until confirmation is made. :twocents:

I recall this happening with MH370 as well though.
People freaked out when it popped back up on radar but it was the next flight. :thinking:
Actually I totally agree with you and even though I am not superstitious, I would also not want to be on today's flight 8501. To retire that number, it's also a matter of respect for the lives lost.

MOO

Garuda was banned flying into Australia for a period of time due to safety concerns. I could tell some stories that would make your hair curl (but I won't).

Garuda was banned flying into Australia for a period of time due to safety concerns. I could tell some stories that would make your hair curl (but I won't).

I remember that ... and I think Garuda is Indonesia's biggest airline, isn't it? Or perhaps the one that we are most familiar with here in Australia.

CNN just reporting it is expected there will be a press conference with the airline CEO soon. Please post if you get information about a time or its content thanks.

CNN is reporting that pilot made the request for 38k feet but was denied due to busy airspace.

I would guess that it would take about a week to change a flight number purely due to logistics; MH 17 and MH 370 are recent examples of this. As a side note Flight 191 has been associated with several unfortunate events on multiple airlines, including Delta and American. I also think if the aircraft used for yesterday's QZ 8501 somehow became airborne again, it would not use that flight number as its identifier.

I once was sitting in the cockpit of a military C-130 with the navigator, crossing the Bermuda triangle on a return trip to the U.S. from the virgin Islands. We were looking into a radar scope the size of a dinner plate and he told me that seeing images that looked like doughnuts were bad news and we were changing course to avoid one on radar. I see at least 4 of these doughnut radar images on this satellite image.

JMO and all that...it's too early to know for sure. I also don't know if these images correlate to the same times.

James Reynolds ‏@EarthUncutTV
Satellite image around time #AirAsia flight went missing, very vigorous thunderstorms (black) north of Surabaya

View attachment 66401

https://twitter.com/EarthUncutTV

Those people on the manifest who only showed one name ... I don't think it is extremely unusual for Indonesians to only have one name. I have heard of it before, in relation to some of the murderers who murdered an Indonesian woman's Aussie husband at her request, and there is this ...

Captain Iriyanto, an Indonesian, and First Officer Remi Emmanuel Plesel were identified as the crew for AirAsia Flight QZ-8501.

AirAsia said that Iriyanto, who only has one name, had more than 6,000 hours of flight experience. Plesel had 2,275 flying hours.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/116...lesel-idd-as-crew-for-missing-airasia-flight/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove