Revisit - Did CA/GA cover up 7-16-08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As time goes by, the A's actions following/in response to the tragic loss of their granddaughter look worse and worse to most of us. Their strange and, at times, inexplicable, behavior and statements have led many to believe they are covering up for KC. However, my question is specifically for those WS'ers who believe that George and Cindy have been covering for KC ever since the they got the car back and smelled the decomp. IOW, BEFORE the 911 call.

While it is looking more and more as if the A's did perhaps enter "coverup mode" at some point in time, it does not make sense to me that CA would have called 911 that had she known KC had killed Caylee - - - If she wanted to protect/coverup for KC that is . . . I mean, why get LE involved? Wouldn't it have been so much easier just to keep it quiet and maybe help KC to disappear/go away for a while. Perhaps till they could come up with a plan/alibi. No one else knew the poor baby was missing.

So why do you think she called 911? What was the purpose of the call/s?

[I hope my question sounds sincere because it is. I've wondered about this for a long time now - this is my first thread however :) - and I would really like to know what folks believe/theorize about this.

If Cindy knew, and was covering up/getting rid of evidence (via the cleaned trunk, washed pants, removed knife, etc.), why did she call 911 at all?

Thanks in advance guys.

Maybe because the Sunfire reeked of decomp, the tow yard guy smelled it (and they knew he smelled it) and the Sunfire was still registered in their name? I'm just throwing out there a reason "why".

I think it just gradually dawned on her over the course of that night and the next day . Cindy is very gullible when it comes to Casey's lies, she just can't see past them... remember that advanced state of pregnancy that was just a bump on a virgin? - she cannot allow the lies to intrude on her phony,arrogant 'reality'.
Although she knew that the car smelled of death, I don't think it really penetrated what the implications were immediately, she was maybe thinking the Nanny had done Caylee some harm...that is how she always thinks, someone else is to blame - once she got to thinking about how unlikely that was given Casey's lifetime of habitual lying then she went into trying to outwit LE .

May I add this to my post about Cindy not frantically searching TonE's apt. Cindy did take the time to make that crack about "I hope you guys have lots of money" or something to that effect bad-mouthing Casey. I think Cindy was mad as hill that they had to pay the tow yard so much money. Was Caylee the number one thing on Cindy's mind then?

I think it just gradually dawned on her over the course of that night and the next day . Cindy is very gullible when it comes to Casey's lies, she just can't see past them... remember that advanced state of pregnancy that was just a bump on a virgin? - she cannot allow the lies to intrude on her phony,arrogant 'reality'.
Although she knew that the car smelled of death, I don't think it really penetrated what the implications were immediately, she was maybe thinking the Nanny had done Caylee some harm...that is how she always thinks, someone else is to blame - once she got to thinking about how unlikely that was given Casey's lifetime of habitual lying then she went into trying to outwit LE .

You're right about Cindy being gullible when it comes to Casey's lies, and not being able to see past them. What a relationship those two had. Take away all the control issues and games now - the only, only way Cindy can have any further relationship with her own daughter is to support Casey's lies about this crime. That requires Cindy to stay in deep denial as much as she can.

You're right about Cindy being gullible when it comes to Casey's lies, and not being able to see past them. What a relationship those two had. Take away all the control issues and games now - the only, only way Cindy can have any further relationship with her own daughter is to support Casey's lies about this crime. That requires Cindy to stay in deep denial as much as she can.

She must be in terrible internal conflict given how domineering she is, I am sure she is longing to scream at KC that she knows what she did, but is now forever unable to without collapsing that house of cards.. :dance: Poetic justice.

I tried, but I can't even answer this question. To me it is the most baffling moment of the whole case. When did Cindy shift from denial to action? The 911 call was genuine, imo. But the cleaning of the car, pants, knife, possible carseat switch, possible doll switch.. all before the 911 call, leaves me dumbfounded. I do however, think she was clearly in action once Casey was hauled off to jail, and has stayed in action. I also think that it's a little more about saving her own face than Casey's butt. She is quite a case study, that's for sure.

GEORGE NEVER WORRiED THAT CASEY WAS MAYBE THE DEAD PERSON IN THE TRUNK.
It infuriates me that his statement is never questioned.

After all, didn't Cindy talked to KC after the car was towed on the 27th (every day even) and whoever was dead in the trunk had to have been in there before it was towed.

The only one missing was Caylee.

That being said, the A's HAD TO HAVE KNOWN THERE WAS AN EXTREMELY STRONG POSSIBILITY that Caylee was dead by the time:

. KC was found but no Caylee
. All the excuses for not producing Caylee were lame
. Her lies to LE and and Nanny apt being empty all came to light.

When KC was willing to go to Jail rather than produce Caylee, is when they knew.

The date was July 16th. Everything from then on is backpedaling.

MY BOLD

But Caylee wasn't missing in the traditional sense of the word. Her absence had been plausible to GA & CA by KC up to the point of confrontation at and after they left Tony's house. Remember that GA knew of the fight that precipitated these alleged events. Even if he won't admit it he has the knowledge that bad blood was between his wife and daughter, probably between KC and him also. At the point I have referenced, i.e., the 911 call, the confrontation of KC by Cindy, no one knew that the naany's apartment was vacant, as nobody knew where it was allegedly located. KC still held all the cards, but it was a losing hand because she had no trump. Caylee was trump, and KC couldn't produce her, and following that metaphor, she went down like a house of cards. Everything after that was just shuck and jive to buy a little more time.

The way I see it, G&C were trying to find a plausible reasonn for the Pontiac to smell so rank. To me, to most any person with a heart and soul in them, the idea that their daughter could have cold-bloodedly murdered her darling child, then rode around for days while her decaying corpse mouldered in the trunk in the oppressive Florida heat, would be so abhorrent as to be unthinkable. I know I wouldn't go there, no indeedy. Because I couldn't acknowledge the horror.

MY BOLD

But Caylee wasn't missing in the traditional sense of the word. Her absence had been plausible to GA & CA by KC up to the point of confrontation at and after they left Tony's house. Remember that GA knew of the fight that precipitated these alleged events. Even if he won't admit it he has the knowledge that bad blood was between his wife and daughter, probably between KC and him also. At the point I have referenced, i.e., the 911 call, the confrontation of KC by Cindy, no one knew that the naany's apartment was vacant, as nobody knew where it was allegedly located. KC still held all the cards, but it was a losing hand because she had no trump. Caylee was trump, and KC couldn't produce her, and following that metaphor, she went down like a house of cards. Everything after that was just shuck and jive to buy a little more time.

The way I see it, G&C were trying to find a plausible reasonn for the Pontiac to smell so rank. To me, to most any person with a heart and soul in them, the idea that their daughter could have cold-bloodedly murdered her darling child, then rode around for days while her decaying corpse mouldered in the trunk in the oppressive Florida heat, would be so abhorrent as to be unthinkable. I know I wouldn't go there, no indeedy. Because I couldn't acknowledge the horror.[/QUOTE]

BBM

Good points! ITA. I think that there began to be a lot of cover-up, probably starting on July 16th, AFTER the 911 calls, but as loving grandparents/parents, they could not think the unthinkable. Not right away.

I think Cindy knew KC was manipulating her, so she called the police to either call her bluff, or to scare/bully her into telling Cindy where Caylee was. I just don't think CA could fake or script those 911 phone calls.

There is also a videotape from just after KC got home on bond (I forget which time), where GA storms out the house (? heading to the body? I can't find that video again) saying he's fed up or whatever, and then Lee drives up and gets him and brings him back to the house. That to me is I think him pizzed and trying to get the truth out of KC and CA not letting him.

I feel pretty confident on the two above situations. There are some others that don't seem fake but I am not willing to put my confidence in them, such as the one interview with GA and CA and Michelle B (?) where CA just looks like an empty, brokenhearted shell. Yet they eat crabpuffs when the body is found. Something is fishy there.

So based on these types of situations, I can only believe that CA found out after the 911 calls, and also found out where the body was before it was discovered. I think GA learned the truth after the Grand Jury.

In her recent depo CA stated that she cleaned the car before she returned to work the day they picked it up from the towyard.

iirc LE took the car on the 16th of July (have to double check this). Yuri actually confronted CA about saying to the media that LE had left the car there so she didn't think it was a big deal. Yuri was not happy and said that they retrieved it within 24 hours. CA retorted that she counted Tuesday as day one, and Wednesday as day two (so not within 24 hours but two days). Yep, that's CA for you. :banghead:

I remember that! CA made the comment to the media that LE had left the car at her house "for days", implying that it was many days before LE picked up the car.

By the time LE arrived at the Anthony house on July 15th, it was already late evening. After talking with family members, LE took Casey and had her show them the apartment where she left Caylee, and then showed them other apartment where she said "Zanny" lived. It was in the pre-dawn hours when they returned Casey to her house. They returned late morning and again took Casey to the Sawgrass apartments and other places. It was later that day, about the time Casey was being arrested, that LE picked up the car.

So, it was actually a matter of hours and well within 24 hours. But throughout this whole case, CA has tried to imply that the Orange County Sheriffs Dept. is derelict in their duties. Her contempt for LE is barely concealed.

But, that's okay. John Q. Public can see right through CA and knows her motives are self-serving.

I remember that! CA made the comment to the media that LE had left the car at her house "for days", implying that it was many days before LE picked up the car.

By the time LE arrived at the Anthony house on July 15th, it was already late evening. After talking with family members, LE took Casey and had her show them the apartment where she left Caylee, and then showed them other apartment where she said "Zanny" lived. It was in the pre-dawn hours when they returned Casey to her house. They returned late morning and again took Casey to the Sawgrass apartments and other places. It was later that day, about the time Casey was being arrested, that LE picked up the car.

So, it was actually a matter of hours and well within 24 hours. But throughout this whole case, CA has tried to imply that the Orange County Sheriffs Dept. is derelict in their duties. Her contempt for LE is barely concealed.

But, that's okay. John Q. Public can see right through CA and knows her motives are self-serving.

Wasn't it Yuri that called her to task on that mistruth about the car?
oops, should have read upthread.

But the cleaning of the car, pants, knife, possible carseat switch, possible doll switch.. all before the 911 call, leaves me dumbfounded. I do however, think she was clearly in action once Casey was hauled off to jail, and has stayed in action. I also think that it's a little more about saving her own face than Casey's butt.

I think *possibly* she/they did clean the knife, pants, car etc (and washed the carseat cover!) but that it was still on the assumption that KC got into some kind of "bad trouble" and at that moment in time they had not connected it to Caylee.

If the doll and/or carseat were tampered with beyond that, the theory doesn't hold. But if they were NOT (which is my current theory) than it still fits..

I do think the carseat cover and doll were washed, same as everything else in the car, due to the smell. Fabrics hold it (odor) the worst compared to hard plastic.

No doubt about it not many parents, even of devious kids, could just assume that horrible smell must be because my daughter killed my grand-daughter, and carelessly left her in the car for awhile. I don't know when exactly CA let the thought cross her mind, and the acceptance of it may have knocked her off her axis for all time.

MY BOLD

The way I see it, G&C were trying to find a plausible reasonn for the Pontiac to smell so rank. To me, to most any person with a heart and soul in them, the idea that their daughter could have cold-bloodedly murdered her darling child, then rode around for days while her decaying corpse mouldered in the trunk in the oppressive Florida heat, would be so abhorrent as to be unthinkable. I know I wouldn't go there, no indeedy. Because I couldn't acknowledge the horror.

I am not following you. I see little connection to my post and your response so color me confused.

I am saying two things.
One GA knew Casey was alive, so he could never have thought what he said in his deposition which was "please don't let it be Casey or Caylee". He knew it could not be Casey. Period. Nothing about GA coming up with other reasons for the stink. He himself was worried about what that stink could be .

Two, I am saying that the Anthony's knew it (meaning, that Caylee was dead) when Casey was willing to go to Jail and never produced Caylee or anything remotely plausible as to why she did not have Caylee. She went to Jail a day after the 911 call and after the police drove her around town to non existant baby sitter homes.

I think Cindy knew KC was manipulating her, so she called the police to either call her bluff, or to scare/bully her into telling Cindy where Caylee was. I just don't think CA could fake or script those 911 phone calls.

There is also a videotape from just after KC got home on bond (I forget which time), where GA storms out the house (? heading to the body? I can't find that video again) saying he's fed up or whatever, and then Lee drives up and gets him and brings him back to the house. That to me is I think him pizzed and trying to get the truth out of KC and CA not letting him.

I feel pretty confident on the two above situations. There are some others that don't seem fake but I am not willing to put my confidence in them, such as the one interview with GA and CA and Michelle B (?) where CA just looks like an empty, brokenhearted shell. Yet they eat crabpuffs when the body is found. Something is fishy there.

So based on these types of situations, I can only believe that CA found out after the 911 calls, and also found out where the body was before it was discovered. I think GA learned the truth after the Grand Jury.

When GA got angry and left the house, that was the first time that Casey was bonded out by Leonard Padilla. The female bodyguard, Tracy, stated in her interview that George had become upset with Casey and demanded to know what had happened to Caylee. His friend, visiting from Ohio, and Cindy had to physically restrain George. Tracy said that Casey told George he had to leave.

At that time, there was a webcam on the Anthony house, and we saw George leave. He said something to reporters standing outside, like "I'm going to take a little walk and get some fresh air." A little while later, Lee came out and got in his car and drove somewhere. A short time later, within minutes, they returned.

I remember that at the time, there was a lot of speculation on why George left. Tracy's interview, which was recently released, confirmed what many had thought might have happened.

I know I'm probably going to get slammed for this, but I don't believe that Cindy or George knew at the time they got the car back that Caylee had actually died. I made the mistake one time of missing a package of chicken breasts in the trunk when I put up groceries once. It was summertime. It was horrible, and it lasted a really long time no matter what I used to clean it up with. I don't think I could make that quantum leap from just the smell of decomp that my daughter had murdered her baby and that was the odor source. ...end quote...

I would hope that just based on putrid smell of chicken in your trunk you would not make such a leap either.
But we aren't talking about the same "missing" Caylee situation are we?
You know the daughter that lives with them with the grandchild that lives with them and they are taking care of MOST OF THE TIME while their daughter is working at a suspected phony job? Who suddenly decides never to come home after GOING OFF TO WORK one day, and tells bogus stories about where she is, while they never seem to call at an opportune time to talk to Caylee, who was supposed meet up with grandma at Universal only to be met by NO ONE. I think you are understating the total stress these folks went thru for a month.
So, under those conditions when you tie it to what went down by July15th, and then the cat is out of the bag about the job, the babysitter, EVERYTHING SHE HAD BEEN TELLING THEM FOR A MONTH was now revealed to be a lie, then decomposition smells in the trunk might register a bit differently then the putrid chicken in your trunk.

MY BOLD

The way I see it, G&C were trying to find a plausible reasonn for the Pontiac to smell so rank. To me, to most any person with a heart and soul in them, the idea that their daughter could have cold-bloodedly murdered her darling child, then rode around for days while her decaying corpse mouldered in the trunk in the oppressive Florida heat, would be so abhorrent as to be unthinkable. I know I wouldn't go there, no indeedy. Because I couldn't acknowledge the horror.[/QUOTE]

BBM

Good points! ITA. I think that there began to be a lot of cover-up, probably starting on July 16th, AFTER the 911 calls, but as loving grandparents/parents, they could not think the unthinkable. Not right away.

Why COVER UP if they COULDN'T GO THERE?
In other words, WHAT were they covering up then in that case?

As time goes by, the A's actions following/in response to the tragic loss of their granddaughter look worse and worse to most of us. Their strange and, at times, inexplicable, behavior and statements have led many to believe they are covering up for KC. However, my question is specifically for those WS'ers who believe that George and Cindy have been covering for KC ever since the they got the car back and smelled the decomp. IOW, BEFORE the 911 call.

While it is looking more and more as if the A's did perhaps enter "coverup mode" at some point in time, it does not make sense to me that CA would have called 911 that had she known KC had killed Caylee - - - If she wanted to protect/coverup for KC that is . . . I mean, why get LE involved? Wouldn't it have been so much easier just to keep it quiet and maybe help KC to disappear/go away for a while. Perhaps till they could come up with a plan/alibi. No one else knew the poor baby was missing.

So why do you think she called 911? What was the purpose of the call/s?

[I hope my question sounds sincere because it is. I've wondered about this for a long time now - this is my first thread however :) - and I would really like to know what folks believe/theorize about this.

If Cindy knew, and was covering up/getting rid of evidence (via the cleaned trunk, washed pants, removed knife, etc.), why did she call 911 at all?

Thanks in advance guys.

I think the 9-11 call was apart of their cover up. Why else would you tamper with evidence first and then dial 9-11. We all know from the beginning Casey and Cindy both tried to set up Zanny till the truth came out, and then they started targeting Jesse. But who knows the real truth. They could have been aware of Caylee's murder the day it happened. All this family does is LIE! I see deceitfulness in Cindy's eyes and that is where Casey learned it from. Her own mother was a great teacher.

I don't know why you say CA lies. She had no reason to think her daughter was stealing money from anybody or lying about anything. Wink Wink

The A's seem to call LE when they want something, both CA's calls and then KC's demands when the protesters were in the yard were insisting on immediate service. However, when something is expected of them they lie even when the truth would work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734