REVISIT Does LE have enough evidence to Convict Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think LE has enough evidence to get Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

• Yes

Votes: 759 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 8.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 140 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:woohoo:
------------------
There was adipocere on a few bones.Read the autopsy report,all the way down ~ there are many pages.

Nore while I truly appreciate your post, you are beating a dead horse. According to "some", the adipocere is from chicken, animal fat, etc. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If the adipocere substance was LAB tested & PROVEN, it would still not be enough. The tape is not an EXACT match so therefore it is not the same tape, etc.

:woohoo:
------------------
There was adipocere on a few bones.Read the autopsy report,all the way down ~ there are many pages.

Was talking about the napkins in the trashbag in the trunk

Nore while I truly appreciate your post, you are beating a dead horse. According to "some", the adipocere is from chicken, animal fat, etc. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If the adipocere substance was LAB tested & PROVEN, it would still not be enough. The tape is not an EXACT match so therefore it is not the same tape, etc.

Not to worry friend, the jury will be made up of good, hard working tax paying citizens with common sense. She is going to be found guilty, no question. Some folks like to have a little fun with us, but it wont be a game to the jury. THANK GOD!!!

Our lin's excellent arguments about felony manslaughter as an LIO possibility in FL for this case have had me convinced that proving premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt may even be a moot point. The sentence is the same for both - DP or LWOP. If a jury does not believe that duct taping the breathing apparatus of a child is enough to prove premeditated murder, I'd be willing to bet they could still settle on felony manslaughter. A rose by any other name....

Our lin's excellent arguments about felony manslaughter as an LIO possibility in FL for this case have had me convinced that proving premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt may even be a moot point. The sentence is the same for both - DP or LWOP. If a jury does not believe that duct taping the breathing apparatus of a child is enough to prove premeditated murder, I'd be willing to bet they could still settle on felony manslaughter. A rose by any other name....

We've missed you so CeCy, you are always straight to the point and spot on!!!

But it is odd that her parents never explored an accidental death with her, in all their visits and questions, isn't it? Casey knows that they would not have believed it if she had told them of an accident, they knew her too well .

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Critical critical point! Why? I don't even understand why they didn't even use it as a defense even if they knew otherwise.

KC seemed convinced she could go with, and stay with the nanny kidnap story and KC knew about the duct tape, so maybe she wanted to stick with kidnap because it was staged that way but --- did the A's know that?

The A's had a brief period of confusion and denial but why didn't they seek out an accident theory given the way the A's are and the lengths they have gone to in denying other facts? They seeded the JBP kidnap.

Were JB and KC so over-confident with the Caylee is Alive and kidnapping theory that it was too late to take any accident or overdose approach? Staging kidnapping and sticking with it reinforces premeditation a lot more than some possible mishap.

But it is odd that her parents never explored an accidental death with her, in all their visits and questions, isn't it? Casey knows that they would not have believed it if she had told them of an accident, they knew her too well .

I think CA's "the media is talking about a pool accident" comment in one of the jailhouse visits was her attempt at sticking her toe into the water to see if KC would bite. By the snort KC gave, I think CA got the picture she was not going to take the bait, despite the fact that both she and GA made mention of it in their earlier LE interviews just to lay the groundwork. And forgive me for not quoting the poster, but I agree with the person who said KC would think that admitting she had an "accident" with Caylee would be on the same par as saying she murdered her in CA's eyes at that point. It was don't ask - don't tell in that household afterwards I get the feeling (except for GA supposedly blowing up briefly when she got bonded out).

Does anyone remember back when SA was considering the death penalty and one of Casey's attorneys wrote a letter stating that if Caylee was dead than it was do to an accidental overdose?
Is that going to be brought up in court? because the statement was made before Caylee was found.

Does anyone remember back when SA was considering the death penalty and one of Casey's attorneys wrote a letter stating that if Caylee was dead than it was do to an accidental overdose?
Is that going to be brought up in court? because the statement was made before Caylee was found.
Was that Terry L.? He wrote a report to the State arguing against the DP.

ETA: as far as I know...it wasn't released through the SL. If someone remembers otherwise, perhaps they can link it.

As far as I remember only parts were released in the News not the entire thing. I'm just wondering if that letter can be brought up at the trial, and if they can be questioned on why they came to that conclusion, when Casey was saying that the nanny stole her baby, and a month before Caylees body was found.

Zsa, I still think they were communicating through JB. It's hard telling what kind of story she has told her parents.

..we know for a fact that they were all communicating through letters------what did those private letters say ?

( i don't have a link -------it was ages ago-------lee sends a message to cindy-------"meet up after the vigil? ".. and------"-don't mention the letters to anyone.." )

I haven't read all of this thread, but I think I would try to keep it really simple for the jury and say, look, we might never know exactly what happened, but we do know this:

--Caylee was dead
--Casey knew Caylee was dead
--Casey was happy after Caylee was dead
--Casey did not want anyone to know Caylee was dead
--Casey especially did not want anyone to know how Caylee came to be dead

Circumstantial case of murder. All forensic evidence is frosting on the cake.
and I think that also SA could state that Casey herself knew HOW Caylee died and was responsible herself. And in their presentation of the case, they will prove that CASEY killed her. IMO

It is ridicules that we even have to speculate. There is no duct tape on KC's mouth to keep her from telling LE that is was an accident. Why should a jurer even consider manslaughter, when KC herself insists that there was no accident? I say if LE can prove Caylee died at the hands of her mother, and her mother refuses to say how it happened, the she should be found guilty of murder as charged.

Just to add one more thought. Any parent that can "accidently" kill their child and then pretend to have a phone call from that dead child, is one cold-hearted person.

They did a deposition with Annie re: xanex
Casey said she knows where she can get it to a guy. Annie did say she gave the guy one and she thought he took it right away.
Annie was very upset at times in the interview especially talking about Caylee and meds. I would have to look for that link.

CA also said If Casey did something she had to have had help.
Thought that was a crazy thing for her to say in defense of her daughter.

Was talking about the napkins in the trashbag in the trunk

Unless KC was making soap in the trunk of her car I think it would be from the decomposition in the trunk. You know the same as the dogs alerted to. JMO

Page 14, Report of Osteological Analysis
Dr. J. Schultz, Ph.D
His opinion:
Considering the dispersal of the skeletal remains, it would not be expected to find the mandible in this position unless something affixed the mandible in this position prior to decomposition and the hair matting forming. In skeletal cases involving surface depositions the mandible and cranium are normally found disarticulated because there is nothing to hold the mandible in place after the soft tissue decomposes. Based on the position of the tape and the mandible, it can be inferred that the mandible remained in this position because the tape held it in place prior to the hair forming into a matt on the base of the skull.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/7519501/Caylee-Anthony-Autopsy-Examination

MOO - I think the duct tape is the evidence. :furious:

Did we ever determine the purpose of the flurry of calls that KC made the day we think Caylee died?

IIRC the most popular speculation was that she was impatiently looking for a babysitter. Oh, how I wish she had found one!!

I tend to think premeditation is not that hard to prove in this case ... premeditation can take place in seconds before taking a life ... that combined with her elaborate lies about the nanny before and after Caylee's death and her actions after the fact are enough IMO to prove premeditation ...

listen to this laundry list of things she looked up, before the baby "went missing"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT9vRi-jT38[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members