Revisiting Haleigh's home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didnt see a picture of the kitchen? Does anyone know if the kitchen is off that hallway where the washer/dryer are? Also, would have liked to see the "lock" on that door that leads outside to that ramp? ... or did I just miss it?

I am hoping they will be releasing more pictures. I would love to see a close up of the door and the lock as well.

I didnt see a picture of the kitchen? Does anyone know if the kitchen is off that hallway where the washer/dryer are? Also, would have liked to see the "lock" on that door that leads outside to that ramp? ... or did I just miss it?

From day one I have constantly wondered what Misty meant when she said "my blanket was in the van, you know, the one that they took". There is a reason she was stumbling on the blanket situation, yet I can't pinpoint it. I just have a feeling it means SOMETHING! Also why do you wait to wash "WET BEDDING" up until bedtime? This all should have been done prior to bed time. She also stumbles all over this blanket thing about taking one off of the window, for what? Sorry if OT. New here.

Could "they" be LE? Didn't they confiscate the van? Also, my dd was wetting the bed when she first was being potty trained. If I didn't walk the wet linens right down to the washer that night, I did it first thing in the morning. I wouldn't leave a urine stained blanket laying around until night time. It would stink up the whole room!

What is that "square" thingee on the carpet between the beds?
Okay, I looked at that door by the washer/dryer ... the doorknob and lock look just about the height of the washer/dryer ... I was under the impression the lock was much higher up on the door, unless there is a second lock I cant see!

Okay, I looked at that door by the washer/dryer ... the doorknob and lock look just about the height of the washer/dryer ... I was under the impression the lock was much higher up on the door, unless there is a second lock I cant see!

Looks like a vent- odd place for a vent IMO.

Anyone find it odd that the Dad is looking for somewhere else to live? Don't (and i have no clue) most parents whose children go missing want to stay at the house where the child lived and new? I know i have heard of parents saying we will keep there room just as they left it for when they finally come home.
If she were taken by someone, and grew up she could later remember where she grew up and try to return there.
I keep hearing how the home holds happy memories of Haleigh. Yet her Dad doesn't want to live there. I would think I would want to stay there and remember my child, and also be there waiting with that small chance she could return someday.

Anybody find this strange? Or am I just speculating due to my gut feeling?

It is a heating vent. I think at one time it may have been 2 rooms since that vent normally wouldn't be in the middle of a room- ususally in a corner or along a wall.

Anyone find it odd that the Dad is looking for somewhere else to live? Don't (and i have no clue) most parents whose children go missing want to stay at the house where the child lived and new? I know i have heard of parents saying we will keep there room just as they left it for when they finally come home.
If she were taken by someone, and grew up she could later remember where she grew up and try to return there.
I keep hearing how the home holds happy memories of Haleigh. Yet her Dad doesn't want to live there. I would think I would want to stay there and remember my child, and also be there waiting with that small chance she could return someday.

Anybody find this strange? Or am I just speculating due to my gut feeling?

Lakelandladi posted a very touching personal experience that explained it from both sides. I think it is a personal decision and can't really be judged from where we are standing. Personally, I have struggled to move from one home to another just because of the attachment to the memories, but my Partner is like most males (yeah, I'm lumping them together!) and doesn't have that problem at all. He says that the memories are in his heart and everything else is just "stuff". He couldn't part with our son's crib though. So I'm stuck luggin' that thing around, LOL!

I don't see a slide bolt as it was described by the previous owner (on NG, I'll find the transcript if needed). I see the back door, at the end of the laundry room. I do not see a slide bolt. I see a regular dead bolt above the door knob. I see a peephole with the outside light shining through.

Seeing how close those beds are really makes me wonder about a man walking into the room with Misty asleep and lifting Haleigh up and carrying her out of that room.

It just doesn't set well with me IMHO. I just don't see it, but anything is possible. Probable is a whole 'nother issue.

There's a vent in the livingroom in front of the fishtank that isn't up against the wall like we see them in standard houses. I don't have any experience with mobile homes but is that the norm for registers?

Nice mobile home on the inside. Like I said, I've never been in one with the exception of a friends back in the late 1970's and that one was atleast 15 to 20 yrs old at the time.

In the picture that shows both beds, there is a door that is to the left of the bed, a nightstand in between the queen bed and the door.

To the far left against the wall we see the toddler bed.

A different view of the room seems as if it was taken standing in the doorway of the door mentioned in my first sentence.

I think that might be a master bathroom? The reason is in the first shot I described the room is very well lit from outside light. The crack underneath the door in the first shot I mentioned is very dark. Leading me to think this may be a master bath, no windows to outside?

Is this the bath that Misty says she got up to use?

Originally Posted by gypsyblue
From day one I have constantly wondered what Misty meant when she said "my blanket was in the van, you know, the one that they took". There is a reason she was stumbling on the blanket situation, yet I can't pinpoint it. I just have a feeling it means SOMETHING! Also why do you wait to wash "WET BEDDING" up until bedtime? This all should have been done prior to bed time. She also stumbles all over this blanket thing about taking one off of the window, for what? Sorry if OT. New here.

It sounds like Misty did not have a blanket becuz hers was in the van they took (that someone took that night) so she gets a blanket off the window, washes it and uses. She has to wash Haleigh's blanket also. Haleigh is using a sheet while Misty waits for Haleigh's blanket to wash/dry. Why else would she take a blanket down from the window to wash it unless she needed it? So - did someone take the van that night? If so, who? And they must've brought it back because cops took it the next day.

Hiya Balaney,
According to Misti's parents, their "nephew left the day Haleigh was abducted. She also tells us a light blue van her nephew might have drove was confiscated and analyzed by police. Croslin’s husband Hank says a mysterious gash appeared on the side of the van the night Haleigh disappeared."

http://www.fox30online.com/mostpopul...QiDvzkemQ.cspx

I think someone mentioned that this blue van is misiti's sister-in-law's van? If I remember correctly.

I'm still on the fence in regards to who I think did what...I've never seen a case when there are so many possible scenarios and the police are so tight-lipped! Praying for you HALEIGH!!!

Yes, just say where it came from when you post it. I think both sites take stuff and post to the other.

Thanks

This is a blown up pic of the door, posted by Klass at SM

Note: No slide bolt lock

http://.net/index.php?topic=4634.msg706936#msg706936

Thanks

A big thank you to Klaas of that site for blowing up the picture of the back door. Very interesting.

Thanks

So, there is no dead bolt? :eek: I'm confused. Why would they lie about that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back