Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The articles have all stated that he kept what Spota calls "a unique article of clothing". They were found in the winter. I wonder if it was a scarf, gloves, or coat? It seems like perps usually take underwear; that wouldn't be "unique" in terms of a killer keeping a souvenir, IMO.
and I wonder if he still has them somewhere I his house.

My guess would be Jewelry or Shoes. If they were naked and something was missing....jewelry like earrings or a ring make sense. There have been a number of jewelry links in the LISK case. I think the personal connection to one of Bittrolff's early victims could explain the obsessive phone calls to MB's family and pimp

And also that perhaps they found DNA on them matching the victims? That would explain how they knew the items belonged to the victims, since the victims have been reported as being found nude.

certainly they are combing through his house as we type........hopefully.

I wonder the same. How did LE know that he kept the clothing? It makes me think that they may have recovered the items from JB.

when I drove past the house this morning there was no police or anyone there.only the 2 reporters from newsday knocking on neighbors doors.going to do another drive by now and see if they are searching it around at all.unless they searched the house yesterday.

Does anyone have the manorville interactive map with all 6 dump sites? I wouldnt be surprised if dirt bike or 4 x 4 trails go straight from Silas Carter to some of the dump sites

certainly they are combing through his house as we type........hopefully.

The stash could also be in a storage locker, a business office, a random site, etc. If this guy was smart he wouldn't keep the stuff in the house because that would be too dangerous.

when I drove past the house this morning there was no police or anyone there.only the 2 reporters from newsday knocking on neighbors doors.going to do another drive by now and see if they are searching it around at all.unless they searched the house yesterday.

That may be the case. According to media, the brother was caught in 2013. The DNA was gathered and the match was made, but we don't know exactly when. I think they've been working this case against JB for a while. They could have recovered the items as recently as yesterday, or they could have recovered them a while ago. If there weren't any police there (and I assume no taped-off area?) then my guess is that they are done searching the house. Did neighbors ever state that they had seen police on the property in the past few days? Do you know if his wife and kids are still in the house?

Of course it's possible that the items were located someplace else. A previous residence? A place of business?

Does anyone have the manorville interactive map with all 6 dump sites? I wouldnt be surprised if dirt bike or 4 x 4 trails go straight from Silas Carter to some of the dump sites

It would be pretty bold of him to kill them at his home, though. He has a wife and two kids. Is that what you're suggesting?

Adding links.

image.JPG

John Bittrolff, 48, of Manorville, was arrested on Monday, July 21, 2014,
and faces charges of second-degree murder in connection with
the beating and strangulation deaths of two women more than 20 years ago, police said.
(Credit: SCPD
)

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/john-bittrolff-arrested-in-1990s-murders-of-two-women-cops-say-1.8862420

Prosecutors said in court their evidence is extremely strong and they have DNA evidence from a single male source from both crime scenes. In addition, prosecutors say DNA has been confirmed to be Bittrolff.

A defense attorney described Bittrolff as a family man, married with a wife and two children.

Police tell News 12 Long Island say there is no evidence right now between the two murders and the bodies found at Gilgo Beach.
However, it remains unseen if six other bodies found in the Manorville area between 2000 and 2012 are connected.

As News 12 has reported, the bodies of three men and three women were found scattered throughout Manorville. Some were naked and partially dismembered.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/j...-2-suffolk-county-cold-case-murders-1.8862858

iEqCGtw.jpg

http://nypost.com/2014/07/22/mar-arrested-in-gruesome-decades-old-cold-case/

It would be pretty bold of him to kill them at his home, though. He has a wife and two kids. Is that what you're suggesting?

yes I would say yes because he's too close to the manorville dump site. But I bet his wife and kids take a vacation and thats why the murders seem to seasonal because thats when he has the property to himself

Curious if the wife and kids go away for the summertime without him.

yes I would say yes because he's too close to the manorville dump site. But I bet his wife and kids take a vacation and thats why the murders seem to seasonal because thats when he has the property to himself

Rita was seen hitchhiking the night before she was found. She was found in November. It doesn't say when Colleen was last seen, but her body was found in January.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-man-charged-with-killing-two-women-20-years-ago/

Chris I thought of you right away when I saw <modsnip>...can you fill us on this aspect? are there trails around the dump sites? Are there trails from silas carter to Jt dump site?

I'd have to look into that. There are many trails in Manorville. Let me get more familiar with his address and where the dump sites are and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member