Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find any solo images floating around the web, but this NBC video also shows JB's mugshot from 1990, when he looked quite different.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as...to-Break-in-Cold-Case_New-York-268190612.html

AKg7A7L.jpg
7vWjmWQ.jpg

John Bittrolff, c. 1990 (l) and 2014 (r)

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as...to-Break-in-Cold-Case_New-York-268190612.html

JT's tattoo was mutilated. Now we now Sandra C was mutilated (as per my last post) although we don't know how. But having mutilation in common does stand out to me. As does the 2003 Manorville location of JT's torso and 2003 purchase of JB's Manorville residence.

JT's tattoo was mutilated. Now we now Sandra C was mutilated (as per my last post) although we don't know how. But having mutilation in common does stand out to me. As does the 2003 Manorville location of JT's torso and 2003 purchase of JB's Manorville residence.

Yes there may be a whole lot of bodies buried deep in those woods that will never be found....

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/serial-killer/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868
This article is pretty much the same as most of the MSM articles I've seen about Jessica. It states that she was dumped. I've seen other MSM articles that have said the same thing, or that her torso was found on a plastic sheet. I've never seen anything that states she was posed in the three years I've been researching her.

I think Peter who used to post here always felt she was "posed" because of being left in the manner of plain sight.

On a different note, I wanted to say "I'm friends" with someone who has chatted with KW over facebook tonight. He was made aware of this latest arrest during this chat.

One thing of interest that was relayed was that he believes JT was at the Port Authority headed to Queens Plaza because that's where she always worked.

That may be of interest considering the connection to possible victim Sandra Costillo who was from Queens and also that Queens Plaza is a straight shot over the bridge to 495 and Manorville.

Maybe this belongs in the rumor thread but I thought it was an important piece to share.

I think Peter who used to post here always felt she was "posed" because of being left in the manner of plain sight.

On a different note, I wanted to say "I'm friends" with someone who has chatted with KW over facebook tonight. He has been made aware of this latest arrest.

One thing of interest that was relayed was that he believes JT was at the Port Authority headed to Queens Plaza because that's where she always worked.

That may be of interest considering the connection to possible victim Sandra Costillo who was from Queens and also that Queens Plaza is a straight shot over the bridge to 495 and Manorville.

Maybe this belongs in the rumor thread but I thought it was an important piece to share.

Do you know if KW has been interviewed recently?

According to this link, he was arrested for assault. They don't give any more details though.

http://pix11.com/2014/07/22/manorville-man-arrested-in-two-cold-case-murders-of-women-police/

I found a tiny bit more, myself

"A spokesman for Spota said Bittrolff was convicted of assault in February 1994 for a case stemming from 1990, but he had no additional details. He also was arrested in 1987 on a grand larceny charge and served 60 days in jail."

http://poststar.com/news/state-and-...cle_52135a67-c9a9-5538-ac02-b73f70bf8b16.html

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/serial-killer/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868
This article is pretty much the same as most of the MSM articles I've seen about Jessica. It states that she was dumped. I've seen other MSM articles that have said the same thing, or that her torso was found on a plastic sheet. I've never seen anything that states she was posed in the three years I've been researching her.

Her body was found in a spot where local kids would hang out and locals dumped rubbish from what I can remember - I think the fact that her Torso was left out in plain sight - was to shock who ever came across her remains - In my opinion to pose a body is to cause shock to the finders and further degrade the victim - the same thing applies to the treatment of Jessica's remains. So I say she was "posed"

Building off the posing convo, staging is arranging the victims in such a way as to confuse or throw off LE. It's occurred to me a number of times that the search for SG could have been a prime opportunity for a SK to stage some bodies. Why not take advantage of the fact that all eyes are on Oak Beach? In which case, SG really wouldn't be connected to the GB4. And THAT notion, my friends, is blowing my mind.

This is the first time I've ever truly considered the possibility that SG wasn't connected. It always seemed like a given to me.

This arrest has thrown all the pieces up in the air.

Did they learn anything else about JT from KW? Pretty good tip that she was heading to Queens Plaza as I always thought she got picked up. Did they ask about the Remy's angel tattoo getting sliced up? Or the male who turned up a few months after her?

No, doesn't sound like very much was touched upon. Maybe he'll come back on here at some point.

He has always referred to her as "Lala." But I don't know if that was what was used on the street or just affectionately between them.

I actually lean toward the AC killer being dead, however, the statement from today's news about 'bodies being uniquely placed' caught my eye, as we know how the AC victims were placed as well. Also, the added information about possibly taking some clothes or items from the bodies struck me as similar to AC. Although the possible decapitation and dismemberment is obviously dissimilar

I agree with you on all points, NJGuy. And I'll add this...I'm fairly certain Bittrolff didn't find McNamee and Tangredi on craigslist. I think, if they were both prostitutes they were of the streetwalker variety. Fits with our 4 AC victims. I also see similarities between Bittrolff and the composite sketch provided in the AC murder case (take a second look at that sketch with fresh eyes). What really made me wonder about there being a connection to AC was something another WSer asked earlier this morning. She wondered how LE could state that specific clothing items were missing in the McNamee and Tangredi cases when all the reports clearly state that both bodies were found nude. Now, the obvious answer to that, at least in my mind, is that while the bodies were nude, the clothing was left nearby. But then I got to thinking...what specific item of clothing would stand out as missing? Something they almost certainly had worn that could not be found. Shoes.

Anyway...there are more similarities I could point out, but that's enough for now, I think.

I also meant to add this: I watched the new conference twice, and don't recall Spota saying anything about mutilation, decapitation or dismemberment in either case. I heard him say strangulation and blunt force trauma. Unless I just missed that.

I also meant to add this: I watched the new conference twice, and don't recall Spota saying anything about mutilation, decapitation or dismemberment in either case. I heard him say strangulation and blunt force trauma. Unless I just missed that.

No - but that deer and possibly pig slaughtering paints an image in my mind. But who knows...

You're correct, MK :)

This reads as if Costilla's body was the only one of the three mutilated:

But investigators are trying to determine if the carpenter also killed Sandra Costilla, 28, found strangled in November 1993 in a wooded area of North Sea. Spota said her manner of death and the positioning of her body point to a connection with the two other women. But unlike theirs, Costilla's body was mutilated after her death, officials said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...1990s-murders-of-two-women-cops-say-1.8862420

Was it ever reported that the bodies of RT & CM were "posed"? (At the same time I ask the question, I also can understand if LE did keep this info quiet). Also, do we know if any other murder victims in the area we also found "posed"?

While LE tells us the evidence doesn't link Bittrolff to the GB victims (and I find myself believing this), it still seems quite the coincidence that RT's daughter's best friend, Melissa Barthelemy, was murdered by someone other than Bittrolff.

I've been researching those cases for over 3 years now and never once heard anything about the bodies being posed. Never heard that a specific, similar article of clothing was missing from each body. If that was reported anywhere prior to Bittrolff's arrest, I sure missed it.

You're correct, MK :)

This reads as if Costilla's body was the only one of the three mutilated:

But investigators are trying to determine if the carpenter also killed Sandra Costilla, 28, found strangled in November 1993 in a wooded area of North Sea. Spota said her manner of death and the positioning of her body point to a connection with the two other women. But unlike theirs, Costilla's body was mutilated after her death, officials said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...1990s-murders-of-two-women-cops-say-1.8862420

Mutilation and dismemberment are not one and the same, technically. Mutilation means to disfigure, dismemberment means to take a body apart. Whether or not Spota uses both terms interchangeably I couldn't say, but I can say that animal predation is often mistaken for mutilation (ref. The Robinhood Hills Murders in West Memphis). Is that what we're dealing with in the Costilla case? No idea. But it's a possibility, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper