Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like him to be LISK, ACSK and the Manorville Butcher because that would say that it is only one monster responsible. I will not believe that he is responsible for only TWO victims TWENTY years ago. Have you ever eaten a Pringle potato chip and just ate two?

I might as well nickname him Pringle because once he popped he just didn't stop.
DA Spota claims that there is no link to the Gilgo killings .... no mention of the Manorville bodies (one of which also had a leg dumped at Gilgo).
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...1990s-murders-of-two-women-cops-say-1.8862420
There is no evidence tying Bittrolff to the Gilgo Beach murders, one of the largest and most baffling homicide cases ever in Suffolk County, the district attorney said.
"The evidence recovered from the bodies of Tangredi and McNamee, the manner in which their bodies were found and the crime scenes are unique to them and very distinctly different from the Gilgo crime scenes," Spota said.

<modsnip>

My heart goes out to his family. They are innocent people whose lives have been destroyed. I hope they are left alone. They have enough pain and suffering to deal with and are victims as well. Put yourself in their shoes. How would you feel if your father or husband murdered people? I can't even imagine how awful that would be.

Finally got around to watching the press conference and have a few thoughts:

1. The DNA evidence was mostly definitely semen. Spota said that when the hit came back that Timothy Bittrolff had the same parents as the suspect (and I'm paraphrasing here), "Obviously we knew the suspect was male by the type of biological evidence that was collected."

2. Spota made it quite clear that there is very specific info about the Gilgo scene that hasn't been released.

3. At the end of the conference, Spota stumbled when asked if JB had been a suspect before. When the reporter modified the question to "was he a suspect back then?", Spota quickly answered no. This leads me to believe that they've had their on him longer than we know, either for these murders or others.

4. Lastly, it's quite the 'ol boys club out there in Suffolk LE, isn't it?

http://longisland.news12.com/news/j...nty-cold-case-murders-1.8862858#autoplay=true

<modsnip>

My heart goes out to his family. They are innocent people whose lives have been destroyed. I hope they are left alone. They have enough pain and suffering to deal with and are victims as well. Put yourself in their shoes. How would you feel if your father or husband murdered people? I can't even imagine how awful that would be.

My sympathy is with all the motherless children because of this sick monster. <modsnip>

My sympathy is with all the motherless children because of this sick monster. <modsnip>

<modsnip> Yep. That sounds about right. I'm not mad at them because they are shocked, devastated, confused, angry and in denial. They are having a hard time reconciling the husband, brother, uncle, father and cousin they know and this monster that he is accused of being. I doubt anybody in his family believes he is even near guilty 36 hours after his arrest. Cut them some slack, give them a break and a chance to process this mess.

Was it ever reported that the bodies of RT & CM were "posed"? (At the same time I ask the question, I also can understand if LE did keep this info quiet). Also, do we know if any other murder victims in the area were also found "posed"?

While LE tells us the evidence doesn't link Bittrolff to the GB victims (and I find myself believing this), it still seems quite the coincidence that RT's daughter's best friend, Melissa Barthelemy, was murdered by someone other than Bittrolff.

Was it ever reported that the bodies of RT & CM were "posed"? (At the same time I ask the question, I also can understand if LE did keep this info quiet). Also, do we know if any other murder victims in the area we also found "posed"?

While LE tells us the evidence doesn't link Bittrolff to the GB victims (and I find myself believing this), it still seems quite the coincidence that RT's daughter's best friend, Melissa Barthelemy, was murdered by someone other than Bittrolff.

I'm mad that he's not linked to the GB victims because that means we still have a serial killer runnin' loose. One is more than enough, sheesh!

Too much of a coincidence fred&edna. Like the coincidence that Bittrolff lives right next to the Manorville dump site (not reported in any msm articles), and the fact that he's a butcher. Anybody else's POI ever been a butcher in the history of researching this case? I think JT's torso has been described as being "posed" although I'm still looking for the article that says so.

in the newsday article I read Buttrolff was described by a neighbor as having blood all over his shorts and the neighbors dog was growling at him!

Too much of a coincidence fred&edna. Like the coincidence that Bittrolff lives right next to the Manorville dump site (not reported in any msm articles), and the fact that he's a butcher. Anybody else's POI ever been a butcher in the history of researching this case? I think JT's torso has been described as being "posed" although I'm still looking for the article that says so.

in the newsday article I read Buttrolff was described by a neighbor as having blood all over his shorts and the neighbors dog was growling at him!

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/serial-killer/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868
This article is pretty much the same as most of the MSM articles I've seen about Jessica. It states that she was dumped. I've seen other MSM articles that have said the same thing, or that her torso was found on a plastic sheet. I've never seen anything that states she was posed in the three years I've been researching her.

Here's another one that has info about Jessica that is consistent with the other MSM reports I've seen:

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/da-more-than-one-gilgo-killer-1.2865686

This is particularly interesting (to me, at least): Whoever killed the two women "went to extraordinary lengths to prevent the victims from being identified," Spota said, noting attempts were made to remove a tattoo from Taylor's body. "That is clearly not so with the other remains."
Other undisclosed similarities exist between Taylor and Jane Doe No. 6 that are not apparent in the original four bodies, Spota said. T

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/serial-killer/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868
This article is pretty much the same as most of the MSM articles I've seen about Jessica. It states that she was dumped. I've seen other MSM articles that have said the same thing, or that her torso was found on a plastic sheet. I've never seen anything that states she was posed in the three years I've been researching her.

Maybe it was Jane Doe 2000. How do you stage a torso? Wasnt Jessica Taylor on a plastic sheet with twigs and leaves dumped on top of her? Being in such an obvious place as she was and the fact she was put there to be found by somebody...that in itself is staging. Maybe not "posing" though. Either way I dont know I remeber Peter Brendt talking about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member