Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no indication that there is--or ever was--an actual house. Everything I've seen is a plea for money. I haven't seen anything at all on an actual house, actual people being helped, community programs or outreach--nothing.

PS....Hackett's home for wayward girls didn't exist either right...

PS....Hackett's home for wayward girls didn't exist either right...that's even more of a coincidence...lol

It does seem like a money scam but would also attract females who these sorts of troubles looking for a safe place. If there is no home or actual facility, where are they housing they woman or performing there meeting if you will. I have a feeling that this is where these victims from far away are ending up out here.

Also, maybe this "outreach" program is not advertised but known throughout the community of the working girls or drug addicts.

Here is another link on the new cold case police think Bittrolff may be connected to.

“The manner of death, the positioning of her body, and the trace evidence of Ms. Costilla is similar to that of Tangredi and McNamee,” Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota told reporters Tuesday during at a news conference at his Hauppauge office.

He did not say of Costilla also worked as a prostitute, but noted: “She had a lifestyle that may have been substantially similar.”
http://www.longislandpress.com/2014...d-for-90s-murders-suspected-in-3rd-cold-case/

I was thinking that maybe Visions Ministries has some type of outreach programs for prostitutes or drug addicts and that is why these women travel so far to come there.

Also, I found this on the Suffolk County police blog. They are looking at Bittrolff as a possible suspect for another murdered woman 20 years ago.

Sandra Costilla, 28, of Queens was found dead in the woods off Old Fish Cove Road in November 1993, and investigators believe her death could be linked to John Bittrolff, who was arrested on Monday and charged with the death of two other women, Suffolk County District Attorney spokesman Robert Clifford said.

This article includes a mugshot of Bittrolff when he was arrested in 1990

http://www.27east.com/news/article....Be-Linked-To-Manorville-Man-Investigators-Say

BBM

Thanks for digging this up, Birdies. Helps a ton with my mapping.

WOW. And did anyone notice that the last time they had an event listed was October 5 2010? The whole thing is just weird.

So can CPH be linked to this place/website at all?

There's an article in Newsday dated July 24, 2014 titled, "The DNA quest; Prosecutors detail long trail to cold-case suspect..." by Andrew Smith.

This all came from an affidavit that Newsday obtained. According to that affidavit, the investigation began on August 16 when the crime lab was alerted by the hit from his brother's DNA when it was entered into the system. They started following the family members on January 11.
<rsbm>

Do you have a link? Can you download the affidavit, and upload it here?

We can't copy and paste articles, but LE affidavits are public information and not copyright protected.

I'm somewhat amazed at how few newspaper stories are coming out about Bittrolff; you'd think it might be something people have an interest in reading about. Interviews with neighbors, a look at Bittrolff's youth - anything. I guess SCPD must've given the press a "hands off" recommendation.

I'm somewhat amazed at how few newspaper stories are coming out about Bittrolff; you'd think it might be something people have an interest in reading about. Interviews with neighbors, a look at Bittrolff's youth - anything. I guess SCPD must've given the press a "hands off" recommendation.
yes you are so right about that.its like ok next!

It is VERY frustrating. All I have seen/found of his early life are a few 1970s and 1980s pics (Mom's FB) and that old mug shot...which they really haven't highlighted..If LE really wanted clues from the late 80s and early 90s, they would want that pic spread high and low, IMO!

It is interesting that they are saying that JB may not be LISK, and yet they are saying that they are the Sandra Costilla case in connection to JB. Sandra Costilla was originally thought to be LISK

It is interesting that they are saying that JB may not be LISK, and yet they are saying that they are the Sandra Costilla case in connection to JB. Sandra Costilla was originally thought to be LISK

I don't think it could have "originally" been thought that Sandra Costello found in 1993 was a victim of the LISK since we did not know anything about LISK until the GB bodies found in 2010.

Well, we should probably keep an open mind about that as well. Shoes (depending on the type) might easily come off in a struggle, or in the transporting of a body. In the case of the AC4, it stands out that all 4 victims were found close together and all were without shoes. Not likely that was accidental, imo. In the case of Colleen and Rita, we don't know for sure that the wardrobe item missing was shoes (that's speculation on my part). If they were missing their shoes, that would stand out to me because their remains were found in the winter. They certainly weren't wearing flip-flops or sandals, and it's doubtful these girls were hitchhiking in high heels. So that leaves what? Boots, tennis shoes, some kind of lace-up shoes? Not the kind of shoe that would be likely to come off in a struggle, or the transport of the body.

But again, let's not assume it's a fact that shoes were missing from the bodies. It isn't a fact at all, merely speculation on my part.

BBM...

Yes, I know. That's why I said, "If". It's nothing but a guess. We have no idea what the item is, and I doubt they'll release that info (maybe they'll release it in trial?).

<rsbm>

Do you have a link? Can you download the affidavit, and upload it here?

We can't copy and paste articles, but LE affidavits are public information and not copyright protected.

I don't have a link to the affidavit. I only have access to the article that mentions it through Lexis Nexis. I would link the article if I could, but I"m not a Newsday subscriber and I've maxed out on free views. That's why I posted the title, date and author-so that you guys could see it if you're not maxed out on free views. If I can find the affidavit, I will link it here.

There are two separate cases. Each case is one count of Murder.

There are two separate cases. Each case is one count of Murder.

I couldn't find the one for Colleen. I was only able to find two cases that were dated November 2, 1993, which would indicate charges in Rita's murder. I'll check the system later on to see if there is court info for Colleen's murder.

I'm going to look through the old threads as to where it might be best to write the following but until I can find an appropriate place, I will put it here.

Re: the calls to Amanda from NYC and the area near Times Square, MSG and the PA:
I'm wondering...
What time of day were the calls made?
What days of the week were the calls made?
What events (Sporting, Music or other) were taking place at MSG on those dates and either just before or after those times?

If JB can ultimately be linked to GB4 and/or Manorville, could he have been in the city for an event or a job. I hope LE is looking through what events were going on in those locations that JB may have participated in.. Or was he dropping off or picking someone up from either the train station or PA around the time of those calls.

Also, in doing background searches, I found that both JB and possibly his spouse have JULY birthdays. One search put her astrological sign as Cancer. So, she could have a late June b-day. I did find that interesting either way as anniversaries and such have been known to trigger killings. JT & GB4, with the exception of ALC, were all in June and July.

What events (Sporting, Music or other) were taking place at MSG on those dates and either just before or after those times?
Penn Station, first and last stop for all trains to and from Long Island, is right underneath the Garden; the number of people attending a Knicks game or a concert pales in comparison to that commuter traffic. Eight blocks uptown from there, at Times Square, you have Grand Central Station, which is actually the busiest train station in the country. Just a zillion people around there for all sorts of reasons.

The calls were made in July and ended in August...just after they were publicized in a Buffalo news report.
Summer isn't Hockey season is it? Also it has been reported by a few members that JMB has a place in upstate NY...So, maybe he read those papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309