Rob Lowe to play Jeff Ashton in movie

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is simply not true. I can tell you how it would have been worded had this been true.

"Life Story" of George and Cindy Anthony sells for seven figures to "so and so network-studio." Director/screenwriter not attached.

First of all, it is VERY rare for GREAT screenplays to get a $2M sale. In order to even get into the millions, you have to have a bidding war between studios/networks.

IF this story had been sold for 2M without even a director or screenwriter attached, it would have been HUGE news in Hollywood. HUGE! It just doesn't happen this way.

If a major studio won't spend more than $600,000.00 on a great screenplay that already has the screenplay, director, actors, etc.... a network is not going to spend $2M on a story that has nothing but trouble attached to it.

ETA: IF there was a bidding war... you bet it would have been huge news in Hollywood because bidding wars are RARE!

Also, it's based on Jeff Ashton's book, so why would they pay George and Cindy? :waitasec: It's not the story of their lives. It's the story of how Ashton was the prosecutor for this case. I noticed that Glass wrote that on July 11. Ashton's book hadn't even come out yet. Sounds like she was just part of the wave of hysteria due to the verdict.

And if they paid $2 million for the rights to the story....what's the overall budget for this movie?

But just to clarify, if this was true, it would've been the rights to their story.....not the screenplay that supposedly went to $2 million. 'Cause it seems that you're saying that there is no way that George and Cindy got paid $2 million for the screenplay, but if the rumor was true, it would be $2 million for the rights to their story.

World Premiere tonight at 8:00PM (EST) on Lifetime:

Prosecuting Casey Anthony

"Prosecuting Casey Anthony" reveals Florida prosecutor, Jeff Ashton’s inside story of the true crime drama that captivated and then shocked the nation when Caylee Anthony’s mother, Casey, was acquitted of killing her daughter, despite what many thought to be overwhelming evidence of guilt…

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/prosecuting-casey-anthony

World Premiere tonight at 8:00PM (EST) on Lifetime:

Prosecuting Casey Anthony

"Prosecuting Casey Anthony" reveals Florida prosecutor, Jeff Ashton’s inside story of the true crime drama that captivated and then shocked the nation when Caylee Anthony’s mother, Casey, was acquitted of killing her daughter, despite what many thought to be overwhelming evidence of guilt…

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/prosecuting-casey-anthony

Got my popcorn and a LARGE bottle of wine ready!

Oh my....I love me some Rob Lowe....but is he specializing in icky characters? He squicks me out after the Drew Peterson character.
I hate some legal figure making money off of a tragedy....ugg.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll watch or not.
I just hope Oscar Nunez plays Baez true to life- incompetent and obnoxious.

Oh my....I love me some Rob Lowe....but is he specializing in icky characters? He squicks me out after the Drew Peterson character.
I hate some legal figure making money off of a tragedy....ugg.

It is based on JA's book describing his experiences prosecuting this case and the teamwork involved in it over 3+ years.

Got my popcorn and a LARGE bottle of wine ready!

I won't watch it tonight - maybe some other time as it will be repeated often, I'm sure. DH and I will tune in to the Red Wings season opener at St. Louis. Hockey fans have waited a long time to see some ice action.

:popcorn: Enjoy your evening. :toastred:

I'm wondering how much of the story they can get in two hours...should have been a mini-series to cover everything we listened to and read.

I'm praying I'll be able to watch it all the way through.
You know the heavens will be crying :(
We remember. We will never forget.
Sweet Caylee, I am so sorry.

One hour to go! I am ready......been playing hop SCOTCH. :)
Any show that shows FCA in a bad light is cause for celebration.

RIP Caylee Marie, we will never forget you.

I have a feeling I will be able to watch it.Thank you Bayouland and RR004.

I posted this in another thread before I found this one (I'm on my phone lol).....

But I wonder if it's a coincidence that TLC is airing Dr. G's Caylee episode tonight?

It is also driving <modsnip> crazy! Rob Lowe is play Jeff and so far excellent job!

Oh my...they started out with which movie she watched!,,,

Rob Lowe is tweeting during the movie. said Casey was creepy in the 911 call.

I love Jeff Ashton and no offense to the actor but he is sure not Rob Lowe he almost is Jon Levitt next to Rob Lowes Jeff!

started crying during the opening scenes when Jeff/Linda looked at the large newspaper photo of Caylee and one of them said "this little girl isn't coming home"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper