Roman Polanski seeks dismissal of charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she is legit, I hope that she has received whatever help she has needed throughout these years.

If she is legit, I wish she had used a different lawyer... I can't stand Gloria.

Unfortunately, this woman is getting a royal bashing on the internet. For the life of me, I can’t understand why so many people want to attack a victim. She was 16, he was 51. No doubt he sodomized her just like the 13 yr old. He probably made her think it was her fault, and that she invited it. He’s a pig.

If she is legit, I wish she had used a different lawyer... I can't stand Gloria.

I agree, Gloria is a bit too much at times. But where are all the other experienced high profile attorneys who step in to represent women -pro bono- who have been "victimized" in some way or other? Surely there are others who do this kind of work, but I can't instantly name any of them! Perhaps it's Gloria by default.

I suppose it is possible the woman is telling the truth. But, this is years later, and 4 years after she alleges she was attacked by Polanski, she appeared in his movie.
That certainly could be the reason as to why some might be suspicious of her story. Most people probably think they would not go and work for someone who attacked them.

I suppose it is possible the woman is telling the truth. But, this is years later, and 4 years after she alleges she was attacked by Polanski, she appeared in his movie.
That certainly could be the reason as to why some might be suspicious of her story. Most people probably think they would not go and work for someone who attacked them.

I just can't think what she would have to gain. With the current support that the pedophile Polanski has from all the celebritards in Hollyweird - (I mean really, they worship him) I'm sure she knows her career is over. Who is going to hire her now? She probably kept quiet all these years because she was afraid of being called a liar.

I don't buy it, why wait all these years, she had the prefect opportunity when he was arrested in the other case, and she was of consensual age. You think she would have come forward during the years he was on the run from the 13 year old's trial . That child was put through a lot. I would like to hear Polanski's side of the story also.

The legal age of consent in France is 15.

I just can't think what she would have to gain. With the current support that the pedophile Polanski has from all the celebritards in Hollyweird - (I mean really, they worship him) I'm sure she knows her career is over. Who is going to hire her now? She probably kept quiet all these years because she was afraid of being called a liar.

I am not saying I don't believe her story, considering of what Polanski was accused of in the case of the 13 year old here in the US. But why did she work for him on his movie after she says he had assaulted her? Anyhow, I hope they bring Polanski back into the US so he can face the music.

I don't buy it, why wait all these years, she had the prefect opportunity when he was arrested in the other case, and she was of consensual age. You think she would have come forward during the years he was on the run from the 13 year old's trial . That child was put through a lot. I would like to hear Polanski's side of the story also.

Clearly she is saying he assaulted her after he was already on the run in the case of the 13 year old.

Wait, what? I think what this women is alleging is that there was no consent. If the legal age of consent is 18, and a 30 year old woman is raped, does that make it ok? I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

But why did she work for him on his movie after she says he had assaulted her?
I have no idea. I'm sure we'll hear more about this on Monday. Allred will certainly keep this story alive for awhile anyway. lol.

I have no idea. I'm sure we'll hear more about this on Monday. Allred will certainly keep this story alive for awhile anyway. lol.

I have a feeling it would be hard to explain that one.

well, I have no idea whether her story is true or not, but in terms of why would she work for him four years after the assault, perhaps she was in denial about it or needed the money or was avoiding the confrontation about it ...

human nature is strange that way - things happen that we think we wouldn't tolerate but stigma and social pressure and fear and a host of other awkward feelings cause us sometimes to pretend that nothing is wrong

one such case that illustrates my point is the hockey player Sheldon Kennedy, who was sexually abused by his coach but continued to play for him

well, I have no idea whether her story is true or not, but in terms of why would she work for him four years after the assault, perhaps she was in denial about it or needed the money or was avoiding the confrontation about it ...

human nature is strange that way - things happen that we think we wouldn't tolerate but stigma and social pressure and fear and a host of other awkward feelings cause us sometimes to pretend that nothing is wrong

one such case that illustrates my point is the hockey player Sheldon Kennedy, who was sexually abused by his coach but continued to play for him

As far as I understand, at least here, in US, an actress usually goes to addition to get a role in a movie. I presume that's similar in France. The OP article says she appeared in his movie 4 years after the alleged assault took place, so this does not appear to be same situation as with Sheldon Kennedy.

I will believe her until and if it is proven otherwise. JMHO.

FWIW, I, myself, seperate the individaual and the artist. I do not take into consideration the individual's art when I look a them when they are accused or convicted of a crime. JMHO and that's just me.

I do hope that that this will not prove to be a where there is smoke there is fire sort of scenario---where if Polanski did indeed molest and forcibly rape one or more women while they were teens that many more have not spoken up.

Sort of off topic.
You know there is a word for adults that are sexually attracted to pubescents. Almost to the exclusion of any other partner. I can't for the life of me remember that term (or remember if it is a legal or medical term) anyone else remember that word? Given the ages of his alleged victims I think that term would be more appropriate than pedophilia. thanks in advance to anyone that can nudge my memory as to what term is. :)

Anybody ever see this Martin Amis interview with Polanski?

"I realize if I would have KILLED somebody it wouldn't have much appeal to the press.........EVERYBODY wants to f*c* young girls. Judges want to f*c* young girls. Juries want to f*c* young girls".

If that's not a pedophile talking I don't know what it is?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/dec/06/roman-polanski-martin-amis-interview

I will believe her until and if it is proven otherwise. JMHO.

FWIW, I, myself, seperate the individaual and the artist. I do not take into consideration the individual's art when I look a them when they are accused or convicted of a crime. JMHO and that's just me.

I do hope that that this will not prove to be a where there is smoke there is fire sort of scenario---where if Polanski did indeed molest and forcibly rape one or more women while they were teens that many more have not spoken up.

Sort of off topic.
You know there is a word for adults that are sexually attracted to pubescents. Almost to the exclusion of any other partner. I can't for the life of me remember that term (or remember if it is a legal or medical term) anyone else remember that word? Given the ages of his alleged victims I think that term would be more appropriate than pedophilia. thanks in advance to anyone that can nudge my memory as to what term is. :)

Ephebophilia? I think that's the term.

Or pervertophilia.:waitasec:

In this creepers case I wonder if it was this Ephebophilia or he was just an opportunist? Control freak. A young girl is going to be much easier to assault when she's working for you. A grown woman may have given him a problem.

He was married to a beautiful woman. I mean you couldn't say in any remote way his wife resembled a pubescent. Was that a sham? Would he rather have impregnated a child?

I don't buy it, why wait all these years, she had the prefect opportunity when he was arrested in the other case, That child was put through a lot.

So this lady who is now coming forward is to blame for the other "child" being put through a lot?

Why wait all these years?

Denial
Shame
Fear
Guilt

It is very possible she isn't telling the truth. I just wonder if this was a regular Joe Schmo in the same exact situation and another person came forward would people question it? Then again it's very possible she is telling the truth.

Some people who are victims of child sexual abuse never "come forward". Some have guilt they didn't tell before there were other victims. Some do not reveal their shame until they give birth to biological children.

Some do not tell until they have children become the age they were when abused.

Maybe she was afraid he was going to get away with it again.

I had something (not molestation, just vulgarity) happen to me when I was about 8, and I have never even mentioned it to anyone else until now. I wouldn't dream of upsetting my family members because I only think about it once in a while(every 15 years or so!). In any case, the creep (a retired WWII 'hero') died many years ago, and boy was I happy to hear my mom remark, "Oh, Colonel Blahblah died!"

But, if the old perv were alive today, and someone else had been victimized, I would tell everyone what happened to me.

The fact that she didn't tell anyone for 30 years is meaningless, and so is the fact that she was in a film that Polanski later made. I went back to Colonel Blahblah's house, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livjacks
Back