Roman Polanski seeks dismissal of charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe she was afraid he was going to get away with it again.

I had something (not molestation, just vulgarity) happen to me when I was about 8, and I have never even mentioned it to anyone else until now. I wouldn't dream of upsetting my family members because I only think about it once in a while(every 15 years or so!). In any case, the creep (a retired WWII 'hero') died many years ago, and boy was I happy to hear my mom remark, "Oh, Colonel Blahblah died!"

But, if the old perv were alive today, and someone else had been victimized, I would tell everyone what happened to me.

The fact that she didn't tell anyone for 30 years is meaningless, and so is the fact that she was in a film that Polanski later made. I went back to Colonel Blahblah's house, too.

Sending you respect and care, Morag. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope it's O.K. to say that.

Of course you went back to Colonel Creepies. You were a child when that happened. We can't even process exactly what it is. Throw in some of our upbringings of being respectful of adults it multiply's.

I've had counseling so I come out with it. Right out with it and I told. However it wasn't until I was 35. I looked at the freak that hurt me at the age of 8 numerous times over my childhood and adulthood. It wasn't until I had my nephew in my arms at a party and I saw the guy and freaked out. I still didn't tell, but I immediately got hit with the flashback and nobody was hurting my nephew. I just abruptly turned around and left. All the while even my own parents asking me "What's wrong? Are you sick? You can leave the baby". I was literally sick.

Then later when my own child was the age of around 8 I just got hit again and bad. It smacked me in the face. Panic attacks and out of charachter behavior. It wasn't until I got counseling did I feel I had the right to tell.

BTW, the old creep who assaulted me died as well. His DIL who is our family friend then said to me "Well it's OVER NOW he's dead". My reply was "Well I'm not".

Sorry for the long post. Obviously a peeve of mine. I wish you all good things. I think quite a few of us can relate why a person "waits". :rolleyes: It truly can dictate how you conduct your life and raise your kids. It did with me anyway.

Anybody ever see this Martin Amis interview with Polanski?

"I realize if I would have KILLED somebody it wouldn't have much appeal to the press.........EVERYBODY wants to f*c* young girls. Judges want to f*c* young girls. Juries want to f*c* young girls".

If that's not a pedophile talking I don't know what it is?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/dec/06/roman-polanski-martin-amis-interview

Exactly. And we should ask how many 13-16 year old girls want to f*c* a 40 or 50 year old man?? Not many would give their consent!! Does anyone know a 13 year old girl that would consent to sodomy. RP disgusts me.

Sending you respect and care, Morag. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope it's O.K. to say that...."

Thanks for the kind words, Filly. I am astounded that I even actually mentioned it. Here's what happened:

We had a casual and friendly neighborhood, kids visiting here and
there. The Colonel was carving a long cane for himself (hope he had painful war wounds).

He was sitting in a chair, and indicated I should sit opposite him, and hold the other end of the cane, firmly. He held the cane closely to his crotch, scraping and carving with his knife, as I held the other end in a similar position.

To my horror, I could see a brief glimpse of the colonel's privates peeking out of the legs of his khaki shorts.

So I went home fairly immediately, and I never spent time alone with him again, although he asked. We moved from the neighborhood shortly thereafter, and it was only many years later that I realized the masturbatory significance of the cane and the stoking. (Children were more naive then).

So I wasn't really traumatized, just disgusted. Although it now sickens me to think that he may have done the same thing, or worse, to other children.

Sending you respect and care, Morag. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope it's O.K. to say that...."

Thanks for the kind words, Filly. I am astounded that I even actually mentioned it. Here's what happened:

We had a casual and friendly neighborhood, kids visiting here and
there. The Colonel was carving a long cane for himself (hope he had painful war wounds).

He was sitting in a chair, and indicated I should sit opposite him, and hold the other end of the cane, firmly. He held the cane closely to his crotch, scraping and carving with his knife, as I held the other end in a similar position.

To my horror, I could see a brief glimpse of the colonel's privates peeking out of the legs of his khaki shorts.

So I went home fairly immediately, and I never spent time alone with him again, although he asked. We moved from the neighborhood shortly thereafter, and it was only many years later that I realized the masturbatory significance of the cane and the stoking. (Children were more naive then).

So I wasn't really traumatized, just disgusted. Although it now sickens me to think that he may have done the same thing, or worse, to other children.

Ewwwwwwww. Again I am sorry, Morag. That's enough to give you nightmares for life.

Painful war wounds.:D

I'm glad you guys moved. Everytime I read about some old creep it gets me more ill than most other offenders. Our Miss Izzy had a thread on it I believe. Just on old coggering freaks.

I'm glad you are O.K.

Now they need to get Roman Polanski.

Wait, what? I think what this women is alleging is that there was no consent. If the legal age of consent is 18, and a 30 year old woman is raped, does that make it ok? I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

First of all she doesn't use the word rape, and most people report this right away, knowing he was already wanted. Most people wouldn't do a movie with their attacker and then picking Gloria makes me believe her accusations are questionable. Of course she is not going to say it was consensual or there wouldn't be a case.

Ephebophilia? I think that's the term.

Or pervertophilia.:waitasec:

In this creepers case I wonder if it was this Ephebophilia or he was just an opportunist? Control freak. A young girl is going to be much easier to assault when she's working for you. A grown woman may have given him a problem.

He was married to a beautiful woman. I mean you couldn't say in any remote way his wife resembled a pubescent. Was that a sham? Would he rather have impregnated a child?

Yes thank you so much! Ephebophilia and hebephilia. (LOL on the pervertophilia :D)

I think laws need to be enacted to protect the early adolescent and the older adolescent from predators that are significantly older than the victim. JMHO.

If we assume that what this now woman has reported to be true. Even at that time, given the age of consent that was posted on this thread...it might have been hard to press charges at the time. JMHO.

Yes thank you so much! Ephebophilia and hebephilia. (LOL on the pervertophilia :D)

I think laws need to be enacted to protect the early adolescent and the older adolescent from predators that are significantly older than the victim. JMHO.

If we assume that what this now woman has reported to be true. Even at that time, given the age of consent that was posted on this thread...it might have been hard to press charges at the time. JMHO.

I'm not condoning pedophilia in any way, but I've seen these young groupies throwing themselves at some of these rockers and celebrities, who are much older. Look at Elvis he was "dating" Priscilla at 14, she wasn't his first young one and not his last. I never heard the words Elvis and pedophilia in the same sentence. When it's a celebrity I just think that both sides of the story needs to be heard.

What does the age of consent have to do with it? She isn't claiming she consented to have sex with him, because if that was her story, she'd have nothing, considering the age of consent in France. I don't see why it would be hard to press charges if she reported it at the time, if her allegations are that of assault-it does not have anything to do with the age of consent.

Fair Use
Polanski extradition decision due Monday
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 12, 2010 7:12 a.m. EDT

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/12/switzerland.polanski.extradition/index.html?hpt=T2

Snip

Swiss authorities will decide Monday whether to extradite Oscar-winning filmmaker Roman Polanski to the United States to face child sex charges, the Justice Ministry said.

Polanski pleaded guilty to having unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977 but fled to Europe before he was sentenced.

He was arrested in Switzerland last year and has been fighting extradition since then.

News In:

Polanski won't be extradited to the United States from
Switzerland. The decision was just made.

Fair Use
Snip
The Swiss rejected the American request because the United States did not supply all the legal records Switzerland requested, and because Polanski had a reasonable right to think he would not be arrested if he visited the country, Justice Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/12/switzerland.polanski.extradition/index.html?hpt=T2

U.S. prosecutors cannot apply again to Switzerland to have Polanski sent there, she said, but could apply to other countries to detain and extradite him.

Um. Trino. Did you know that many wives who are physically beaten to a pulp by their husbands often don't want their husbands jailed, either? Sometimes these women are then murdered by their husbands.

What the victim wants in this case does not have any bearing. She has said she doesn't want to dredge up old painful memories.

Polanski was almost 45 years old when he drugged, raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl. Do you not get it?

He needs to pay a price for this.

The CNN article states that the US didn't send legal papers that the Swiss requested.
Why not?

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Great news for some lucky little 14 year old girl in Poland, France or Switzerland. Hey, kids you still get a chance to hook up with an old pervert in a hot tub and get a part in a film.:banghead:

Um. Trino. Did you know that many wives who are physically beaten to a pulp by their husbands often don't want their husbands jailed, either? Sometimes these women are then murdered by their husbands.

What the victim wants in this case does not have any bearing. She has said she doesn't want to dredge up old painful memories.

Polanski was almost 45 years old when he drugged, raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl. Do you not get it?

He needs to pay a price for this.

Yes. I get it. It would take more than a million dollars to bring him back, and for what? A few months in jail? Ridiculous waste of money when resources could be used for missing children and adults. The victim has been financially compensated. She's not complaining, and said to let it go. I think we all should do so.

Unbelievable. So denied on a technicality. I suspect Mr. Polanski's bank account has been significantly depleted in order to secure this ruling. Forgive my cynicism.

Yes. I get it. It would take more than a million dollars to bring him back, and for what? A few months in jail? Ridiculous waste of money when resources could be used for missing children and adults. The victim has been financially compensated. She's not complaining, and said to let it go. I think we all should do so.

You shouldn't be able to put a price tag on justice, it shouldn't be able to be bought and it certainly shouldn't be left up to the victim.

It DISGUSTS me that he is a free man.

Unbelievable. So denied on a technicality. I suspect Mr. Polanski's bank account has been significantly depleted in order to secure this ruling. Forgive my cynicism.

It sounds like the US didn't supply what they needed. It could be corruption but I'm not so sure. Hopefully the US will get him in another country.

Um. Trino, again. So that means anyone who is convicted of a sex crime can just FLEE the country and not pay a price for it? By your logic, then anyone in the state of California of any race can just expect to flee the country and not have to worry about a thing.

NO ONE can evade the law like that. NO one.

Again, it doesn't matter what the victim says. or whether she was financially compensated. The law is the law is the law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livjacks
Back