Romanian Church Wants Pregnant 11-year-old Rape Victim to Give Birth

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i'm against partial birth abortion, 2 more weeks... this baby would be viable (would have poor chances of survival at 22 weeks but could maybe make it).

i'm a no on this one. makes my stomach churn. if it were under 12 weeks or so, maybe even early second trimester, maybe.... but not 20 weeks. no.

Just my 2 cents worth - a good friend of mine is a midwife. She says that young girls, by and large, have mercifully easy deliveries. I am sure there are exceptions, but in general, in her experience, their labor and delivery is relatively easy, and she should know.

My point is that, this fear of danger for her to deliver is not really valid, and there is no obvious reason for her to deliver by C-section, if he were to give birth to the child.

I am personally pro-life, and would never advise in favor of an abortion.

imho
not at this young of an age. they are actually at a higher risk for complications.

i'm against partial birth abortion, 2 more weeks... this baby would be viable (would have poor chances of survival at 22 weeks but could maybe make it).

i'm a no on this one. makes my stomach churn. if it were under 12 weeks or so, maybe even early second trimester, maybe.... but not 20 weeks. no.
Oh...I have seen a partial birth abortion(on film)....I didn't realize that this is what it would be. PBA are MURDER!!!!!!!! They stab the head. :eek: It is horrible!!!:( I change my mind on this one. :( sooooo sad!

Oh...I have seen a partial birth abortion(on film)....I didn't realize that this is what it would be. PBA are MURDER!!!!!!!! They stab the head. :eek: It is horrible!!!:( I change my mind on this one. :( sooooo sad!

I have seen this allegation before and although I cannot doubt your experience with the film you saw because I was not there, I am leary of having this kind of statment left without challenge. For those who are anti choice, for me the arguement is very simple-how many children have you adopted and would you from women who cannot keep and do not wish to carry their children? If we think that infant and child abuse is horrific now, just imagine how it will grow exponentially when we take away the right to choose. How many more children will flush their babies down the toilet, or leave them outside, or bury them or suffocate them?

Let's take away the right to choose on top of a balanced discussion regarding sex education that is not simply about abstinence, and we will see what will happen to our society. JMO

SNIP
My point is that, this fear of danger for her to deliver is not really valid, and there is no obvious reason for her to deliver by C-section, if he were to give birth to the child.

imho
Hi, sandraladedea,
Imo, fear of the 11 year old child giving birth is valid.
An 11 year old should be playing outside, watching cartoons or reading a good book. She should not be busy birthing a baby.
There are also other things to consider... other than the physical pain of childbirth.

The child's already been raped, attacked, defiled.
There's more emotional pain that will go along with child birth.

i think it is sad. they are going to kill a baby to try to "save" (what they believe is saving - i don't believe they believe physically saving, but i believe mentally saving) their 11 year old baby. i feel sorry for the 11 year old's parents in this one. think of what they must be going through!! however, i think it is counter productive to try to get an abortion at this point in time. an 11 year old knows she is pregnant, VERY very pregnant... and while there is no such thing as being "a little pregnant" she is very far along and like another poster said, she has surely felt the baby move, kick, etc. And when she is older she will know and come to accept what happened. i believe that even at this age she will grieve and even as she ages she will grieve as she gets older.

Hi, sandraladedea,
An 11 year old should be playing outside, watching cartoons or reading a good book. She should not be busy birthing a baby.
There are also other things to consider... other than the physical pain of childbirth.

doesn't matter... having an abortion, giving birth... both are going to bring her a world of pain. at least one will allow a child to live.

like i said... if this were a first trimester thing or even an early second trimester, i say ok... but we're reaching viability here.

Just my 2 cents worth - a good friend of mine is a midwife. She says that young girls, by and large, have mercifully easy deliveries. I am sure there are exceptions, but in general, in her experience, their labor and delivery is relatively easy, and she should know.

imho

Sorry, but this is BS. If your definition of "young girls" means girls aged 16 or 17, you might have had a valid point, but the fact is that giving birth at 11 can indeed be physically harmful and sometimes quite dangerous.

I have a question. What if the family woke up in the morning and the girl had given birth and the baby is breathing, What should happen then?

I have a question. What if the family woke up in the morning and the girl had given birth and the baby is breathing, What should happen then?

Well, if the goal is to completely destroy the victim, I suppose she could be forced to 'marry' her rapist, and then he could continue to rape and impregnate her for 30 more years. Not to mention that he would also no doubt rape her babies. Or the baby could be snatched away from her at birth, and given to someone else to raise, and she could spend her whole life knowing that she was a mother, without knowing if her child was safe.

Fortunately, this girl has parents who have taken her best interests into consideration. They took the most compassionate course of action as soon as they realized the absolutely unspeakable trauma that their daughter had been through. No victim of rape or incest should ever be forced to give birth to their rapists' child. Especially not an eleven-year-old. IMO.

If the baby is breathing and viable outside of the womb, I assume they will keep and raise it or put it up for adoption. Once away from the body that sustains it and breathing on its own, a different decision is called for.

However, medical experts the world over agree that a pregnancy at the stage this young girl is at is not viable without the continued consent of the host.

If the baby is breathing and viable outside of the womb, I assume they will keep and raise it or put it up for adoption. Once away from the body that sustains it and breathing on its own, a different decision is called for.

However, medical experts the world over agree that a pregnancy at the stage this young girl is at is not viable without the continued consent of the host.

Thanks for understanding the spirit of my question. I do not feel the girl should have to keep the baby. I also do not feel she should have to terminate. I am neutral as to what she should do. I am not her. I am not her parents. Whatever they decide is what I would support.

The baby is too young to be viable and the girl is headed to Britain anyway so it is a moot point.

I was thinking however of how many young girls give birth in planes and school restrooms or even their own bathroom. Remember the girl recently who gave birth in the bathroom one morning while getting ready to go to school? She walked herself to the ER after.

My thinking was in the "what if " arena with this Romanian girl. Maybe I should have structured the question more carefully. If the dates were "off" and this baby was a little bit older and was born and breathing WHILE the family was still deciding or making arrangements, what then?

Theoretically, of course.

Hi, sandraladedea,

Sadly, at 21 weeks, there are 3 choices here. Partial-birth abortion :(, vaginal delivery or c-section. With the later 2, the baby has an actual chance at survival (altho kinda slim).
IMO, there are no winning choices. An 11 yo shouldn't have to make these decisions.

Sadly, at 21 weeks, there are 3 choices here. Partial-birth abortion :(, vaginal delivery or c-section. With the later 2, the baby has an actual chance at survival (altho kinda slim).
IMO, there are no winning choices. An 11 yo shouldn't have to make these decisions.

I agree drip~drop.
Maybe, since the child is so far along she should have the baby and give it up for adoption.

I can't imagine the little girl's parents would want to raise a baby that was the result of their daughter's rape.

Thanks for understanding the spirit of my question. I do not feel the girl should have to keep the baby. I also do not feel she should have to terminate. I am neutral as to what she should do. I am not her. I am not her parents. Whatever they decide is what I would support.

The baby is too young to be viable and the girl is headed to Britain anyway so it is a moot point.

I was thinking however of how many young girls give birth in planes and school restrooms or even their own bathroom. Remember the girl recently who gave birth in the bathroom one morning while getting ready to go to school? She walked herself to the ER after.

My thinking was in the "what if " arena with this Romanian girl. Maybe I should have structured the question more carefully. If the dates were "off" and this baby was a little bit older and was born and breathing WHILE the family was still deciding or making arrangements, what then?

Theoretically, of course.

It is a good question, Glow - the type of question that makes us all look long and hard at abortion. Mercifully, the type of situation we are dealing with in this thread is rare.

You are correct. Ultimately, the burden must rest with the girls parents though, of course, that only relieves some of the very real burden she bears.

I agree drip~drop.
Maybe, since the child is so far along she should have the baby and give it up for adoption.

I can't imagine the little girl's parents would want to raise a baby that was the result of their daughter's rape.

I have been sitting back and listening while this topic was discussed from various angles. I have a story to tell you.....

I know a lady who lives near me who had a similar experience. 25 years ago her 15 yr old daughter was raped and made pregnant through the rape. The person who committed the rape was an older (30 something) black man. The girls family were white. Not just white but "deep south look down on black people, white". The daughter didn't tell anyone until her 5th month. Back then it was hard, but not impossible to find a Dr who would "take care of things".

This girl and her mom didn't do that though. The mom told her daughter that if she had the baby and didnt want to keep it that she would take it herself. The daughter had the baby and the family raised the baby together as a joint effort. The grandparents, the mom and the baby lived together while the child was a very young infant. The mom moved out and went to school and started a career while the baby was a toddler. When the child got to be school age she moved in permanently with her mom as the grandparents were going to do some extended traveling. As she grew up she spent the school year with her mom and summers with her grandparents wherever they were traveling.

2 years ago the mother was killed in a car accident. As it turned out, although she did later marry, that was to be the only child she would ever have. The grandmother is so comforted that she has the grandchild now as it is her link to her daughter as well as being her only grandchild. She told me one time that she never thought about the rapist - "how could you when you first see that innocent little face?"

I dont know what I would have done in that situation. I truly dont. But I did learn that there are many approaches to the same problem and a lot of times it depends on viewpoint.

I have been sitting back and listening while this topic was discussed from various angles. I have a story to tell you.....

I know a lady who lives near me who had a similar experience. 25 years ago her 15 yr old daughter was raped and made pregnant through the rape. The person who committed the rape was an older (30 something) black man. The girls family were white. Not just white but "deep south look down on black people, white". The daughter didn't tell anyone until her 5th month. Back then it was hard, but not impossible to find a Dr who would "take care of things".

This girl and her mom didn't do that though. The mom told her daughter that if she had the baby and didnt want to keep it that she would take it herself. The daughter had the baby and the family raised the baby together as a joint effort. The grandparents, the mom and the baby lived together while the child was a very young infant. The mom moved out and went to school and started a career while the baby was a toddler. When the child got to be school age she moved in permanently with her mom as the grandparents were going to do some extended traveling. As she grew up she spent the school year with her mom and summers with her grandparents wherever they were traveling.

2 years ago the mother was killed in a car accident. As it turned out, although she did later marry, that was to be the only child she would ever have. The grandmother is so comforted that she has the grandchild now as it is her link to her daughter as well as being her only grandchild. She told me one time that she never thought about the rapist - "how could you when you first see that innocent little face?"

I dont know what I would have done in that situation. I truly dont. But I did learn that there are many approaches to the same problem and a lot of times it depends on viewpoint.

That's a neat story, Glow - with a lot of layers to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz
Back