Ron C. # 12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Haleigh's scent in a car and it disappaited by the time it hit the HWY?

LE is very interested in HWY 17 at Buffalo Bluff and up to the San Mateo area. Seems to be only two areas they are concentrating on. One is the woods leading to the water and the other is Hoot Owl Ridge lane area up to San Mateo.

There is reason they are looking at these two areas solely. What could it be?

I notice they are not going South to Crescent City...where the van was supposed to be with Chelsea. They are heading a little north on Hwy 17.....
What is out there?

1. The convenience store
2. The road to and from PDM
3. Marvin Martin
4. RC's Aunt
5. a place where Nays car broke down...Rabbit Run and Hoot owl...Not confirmed though.

......What I don't know....did the Croslins live out that way at the time?
Respectfully BBM
San Mateo is also where the search was done by the Sheffields. Connie Sheffield stated she recieved the tip to search that area by a phsycic and where they found items of intrest and evidently tampered with it all and did not reavel it to LE when found. I have still been asking WTH, because of Connies comment and the facts that have been revealed to date and the fact they did not call LE to assist in recovery and the investigation of possible evidence that pertains to HaLeighs abduction.
ETA I wonder now if that search was before Nay Nay's arrests. I am going to check that out and will confirm BRB

Respectfully BBM
San Mateo is also where the search was done by the Sheffields. Connie Sheffield stated she recieved the tip to search that area by a phsycic and where they found items of intrest and evidently tampered with it all and did not reavel it to LE when found. I have still been asking WTH, because of Connies comment and the facts that have been revealed to date and the fact they did not call LE to assist in recovery and the investigation of possible evidence that pertains to HaLeighs abduction.
ETA I wonder now if that search was before Nay Nay's arrests. I am going to check that out and will confirm BRB

BBM

Wasn't this a rumor ?

I honestly had never even heard that before-

I remember it being discussed down in the rumor thread. I get confused as to what's allowed where. I thought rumors had to stay downstairs, eh, at any rate it was ages ago that this was discussed so sorry I can't tell you where to look.

IIRC, i believe Cobra was involved then. Wasn't there some sort of suit case found or something? I thought i remember a suit case, and then LE said that what was found was not in connection to HC's disappearence? maybe i am loosing it, IDK :)

IIRC, i believe Cobra was involved then. Wasn't there some sort of suit case found or something? I thought i remember a suit case, and then LE said that what was found was not in connection to HC's disappearence? maybe i am loosing it, IDK :)

If I remember right, BLStarke was involved and it was discussed at length on Rumor Thread. She still visits here so maybe she can answer your questions...

Croslin told investigators he went to the house about 10 p.m. on Feb. 9 at the request of Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, who had been trying to reach Misty Croslin by telephone for two hours.

"He had tried more than 20 times, and those calls went unanswered," sheriff's Maj. Gary Bowling said Monday, citing telephone records obtained by authorities.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/09/22/news/news01.txt

So in two hours, Ron calls Misty more than 20 times- Does anyone know how often he was calling? Like minute wise, I cant do math this morning-

Anyways, bad things can sometimes happen when someones phone is turned off, and especially if you are jealous- that can make someone freak out!

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt
The sheriff's office also has said Ronald Cummings and Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, have been cleared of suspicion in connection with the child's disappearance.

So, whats does that mean? They have been cleared, but could still be suspects? I thought cleared meant just that, cleared, you check out ok, no way you were involved. I asked a Capt. w/ our local PD who teaches here and he said the same thing. If they (our local PD) says someone is cleared, it mean not a suspect. So why doesn't it mean that in this case?

Actually, the detective that arrested Brad Cooper for Nancy's murder in Cary NC is here today also (that him in the pic on the far left, hard to see him). I'm gonna ask him the same question as soon as he comes out of class!
abc_wtvd_brad_cooper_02_081028_mn.jpg

Croslin told investigators he went to the house about 10 p.m. on Feb. 9 at the request of Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, who had been trying to reach Misty Croslin by telephone for two hours.

"He had tried more than 20 times, and those calls went unanswered," sheriff's Maj. Gary Bowling said Monday, citing telephone records obtained by authorities.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/09/22/news/news01.txt

So in two hours, Ron calls Misty more than 20 times- Does anyone know how often he was calling? Like minute wise, I cant do math this morning-

Anyways, bad things can sometimes happen when someones phone is turned off, and especially if you are jealous- that can make someone freak out!

I find this odd too! If he had been calling for two hours and his lawyer said he called Hank at 9p, that would mean he had been calling since 7p. Huh? I thought there was an argument at about 8:30p? I thought the grandma stopped by at about 7:30? It just doesn't add up for me.

Even if you look at the time Hank went to the MH 10p. If Ron had been calling for 2 hours with no answer from Misty, that mean he would have been calling around 8p. What time did they actually have this argument? When did grandma actually go over there?

:banghead: Again, the timeline changes...

Misty went to bed at 10pm...now it's 10:30-11:00pm...which is it?

Hank Jr. claims to have gone to the home at 10:pm...it's now 9pm..which is it?

RC called Hank Jr. over 20 times but never asked him to go check on MCC. He only asked if MCC was at his home...

I have no idea what's going on anymore but Hank Jr., in giving this new information places himself at the home...he has no reason to say that if it hadn't occurred..Misty's answer to finding out her brother went to the MH at 10pm, knocked and received no asnwer, I might have been asleep??? Might have been asleep? Either you were or you weren't..there should be no might!

HaLeigh needs to come home!

I also feel the high bail put on Hank Jr. is an attempt to get the info they need and he may just hold it all,..

I also wonder why the divide in the Croslin/Cummings family? Why have they all ran out of Florida and scattered themselves between Mass. and Tn...something has got to give, for HaLeigh's sake...

I find this odd too! If he had been calling for two hours and his lawyer said he called Hank at 9p, that would mean he had been calling since 7p. Huh? I thought there was an argument at about 8:30p? I thought the grandma stopped by at about 7:30? It just doesn't add up for me.

Even if you look at the time Hank went to the MH 10p. If Ron had been calling for 2 hours with no answer from Misty, that mean he would have been calling around 8p. What time did they actually have this argument? When did grandma actually go over there?

Right, I mean why wouldnt he have called Annette at this time and had her go check on the kids- or did he, and thats why she was really there? Why wouldnt have Annette said turn your phone, hes freaking out? It seems to me something was going on in those two hours and Ron was trying to establish some other kind of alibi other than work to me- jmo

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/21/ng.01.html

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR HALEIGH`S FATHER, RONALD CUMMINGS: Well, he`s kind of shocked that Misty`s brother went over there that evening. He said all along that he did call the house of Hank Jr. and asked him whether or not Misty was there. But he doesn`t -- he`s never said that he asked them to go look for her. He just asked if she was over there. And that was at about 9:00. So I think Hank Jr.`s timeline is a little off.

GRACE: Well, it sounds like everybody has a very, let me just say, shifting timeline, Mr. Shoemaker.

SHOEMAKER: Right.

GRACE: So I`m not exactly sure that anybody knows what time it is in Satsuma, Florida the night Haleigh went missing.

SHOEMAKER: Right.

GRACE: So he does say that he called the brother and asked him was Misty there?

SHOEMAKER: Yes. He didn`t specifically call Hank Jr.`s cell phone. He called the house of Hank -- Hank Jr. and his family. And that was at.

GRACE: Did he talk to the brother?

SHOEMAKER: I don`t know who he spoke with. I know that when we were speaking with FDLE that a call came up and they questioned him about it and he said he called to ask if Misty was at their house at that time.

Also from the link-

THOMAS RUSKIN, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, FORMER NYPD DETECTIVE: I -- listen, I am sort of shocked by this whole thing. I`m shocked that Ronald`s cell phones weren`t gone through much more intently by the police, to see how long the call was, did Tommy call him back, and what happened from then.

I`m also shocked that they haven`t re-interviewed Ronald at this point in time to ask him the questions. And I`d love to ask his attorney, would he go back in and talk to the police at this point in time? Because I`d like to know that.

More-

GRACE: So let`s take a look. What do we have in corroboration, Eleanor? We have that night, Ronald Cummings admittedly trying to reach Misty Croslin. She had been gone for three days, AWOL, partying three days. She comes home that night. They get in a huge, big fight. He has to go to work. And by his own admission, he calls, he calls, he calls, he calls, she won`t pick up. He`s calling all of her family. That corroborates what the brother`s saying, that Ronald called him and said, I can`t get her on the phone, please go to the house and check on her.

Ok, the sweet detective says this, well, he prefaced by saying that all depts. do it differently and that depts. will do play on words. He said by saying they are not suspects leaves it open for them to become suspects if further evidence comes forth that implicates them. It means the detectives have just gone over all the evidence pertaining to a person so far and from that evidence the person(s) are not suspects.

He said, his dept. (Cary PD), never formally clears anyone in a case. If they have solid (prosecutable) evidence against someone they are the POI, but they don't clear other people (such as other family members) because new evidence can always come up that implicates them too.

As far as RC's attorney, he laughed when I told him that he said RC had been from the top to the bottom of the list, "what else would he say", he said.
He said the media has a job to do and that they will twist things said to fit the story. He also said his dept. detectives never talk to the press.

I can't express enough what a nice guy he is, and good-looking too! (but happily married.)

Poor Haleigh, I just wish she could come home and have closure.

Come on Ronald you are a dad of a missing child..It's time to man up and turn on the "enemy" that you are keeping close.......What are you afraid of?

Ron has clearly lied from the first few hours of the crime......keep it real.

He never mentioned M wasn't home. He never mentioned any phone calls looking for M. His children's lives could be at stake and he decides to work overtime...Hahaha.

After working overtime he stops at a convenience store for beer and nuts...hahahah.

He tells and screams clearly on the phone his kids were stolen....hhahah....this is after he spent the entire evening in a state of panic because M wasn't home and doesn't know where his kids are...Hahahah.

I prefer to live in the world of reality. Ron is lying, did lie and will continue to lie.

Ron has clearly lied from the first few hours of the crime......keep it real.

He never mentioned M wasn't home. He never mentioned any phone calls looking for M. His children's lives could be at stake and he decides to work overtime...Hahaha.

After working overtime he stops at a convenience store for beer and nuts...hahahah.

He tells and screams clearly on the phone his kids were stolen....hhahah....this is after he spent the entire evening in a state of panic because M wasn't home and doesn't know where his kids are...Hahahah.

I prefer to live in the world of reality. Ron is lying, did lie and will continue to lie.

I think that whatever went on the night Haleigh disappeared Ronald is at the base of it. Misty is stuck in the middle.

Sweet picture of Father and Son. From the article written by Richard Prior.
http://staugustine.com/stories/092009/news_092009_040.shtml
Father's vow
He said he's not going to respond every time someone suggests that he or his wife had something to do with HaLeigh's disappearance. But he has vowed to keep the little girl's name and picture in the public eye.
"All this stuff that's said about me on TV ... I don't try to counteract with it," Cummings said. "I'm not trying to get back on there and throw punches back at someone that threw punches with us.
"Rather than do that, we'd rather sit back and just allow HaLeigh's face to be ran across the TV over and over. If they have to rake me across the coals every day, all day, to put my daughter's face on national TV every day, then that's great.
"Whatever they want to do, as long as her face stays out there until she comes home."
The ordeal has already cost him so much, including friends, Cummings said.
"I know who my friends are," he said. "Three of my best friends are helping me. Terry Shoemaker, Dan Mowrey and Brandon Beardsley."

Here's Ron's response to those who mention he doesn't respond to the allegations made about him.

Sweet picture of Father and Son. From the article written by Richard Prior.
http://staugustine.com/stories/092009/news_092009_040.shtml
Father's vow
He said he's not going to respond every time someone suggests that he or his wife had something to do with HaLeigh's disappearance. But he has vowed to keep the little girl's name and picture in the public eye.
"All this stuff that's said about me on TV ... I don't try to counteract with it," Cummings said. "I'm not trying to get back on there and throw punches back at someone that threw punches with us.
"Rather than do that, we'd rather sit back and just allow HaLeigh's face to be ran across the TV over and over. If they have to rake me across the coals every day, all day, to put my daughter's face on national TV every day, then that's great.
"Whatever they want to do, as long as her face stays out there until she comes home."
The ordeal has already cost him so much, including friends, Cummings said.
"I know who my friends are," he said. "Three of my best friends are helping me. Terry Shoemaker, Dan Mowrey and Brandon Beardsley."

Here's Ron's response to those who mention he doesn't respond to the allegations made about him.

After reading this article I scrolled down to read some of the comments and according to one poster, Ron as another son Jordan and another child a boy I think by two other women. is this true?? I am just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor