Ron C. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was responding to a post of violent behaviors which would be reflected on his record such as assaults etc.

However, I would not believe that a man who regularly resorts to beating women would not have several orders of protection and other similar charges against him. Other people would have stepped forward to say they witnessed physical abuse stemming from Ronald on the females in his past or present by now. There would also be signs of such physical abuses taking place and witnessed by credible people. I have never known a case where physical abuse of a woman was such a well kept secret that people did not know or suspect it was going on and obviously Crystal made no such claims to the judge in her quest to get her children.

My mother was abused with broken bones and stitches resulting for over 38 years. The neighbors knew, I knew, her friends knew. There was not one domestic violence report made. the neighbors never told, they were afraid to. The friends never told either. My Mother never told...I did. They removed me, and never filed a criminal report on him. The hospital was given excuse after excuse and they never called LE. There are cases where it occurs. No one knows for sure if this is..or is not one of them. I do not know if LE had asked the neighbors about it whether they would have reported it. In the CPS investigation they said that they didn't see reason for me to be removed.....it does happen.

I do not agree. The are many personality disorders and many domestic abusers who when confronted in public, butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. In private with women and children who cannot fight back, the rage and violent behavior is acted upon. NOT ALL abusers when pushed to anger in public show that side.
Oh I have no doubt he wouldnt do it in public but he most certainly would find a way to get her alone. Sorry I just dont buy it. But thats just me so I will agree to disagree.

what about rons mom ?

Nail on the head, imo!!!! If I wanted to take a shot at seriously sleuthing a "possible other than" .... TN would be the one. This is one seriously vindictive operator for sure. You've heard of helicopter and lawnmower mothers ....

My mother was abused with broken bones and stitches resulting for over 38 years. The neighbors knew, I knew, her friends knew. There was not one domestic violence report made. the neighbors never told, they were afraid to. The friends never told either. My Mother never told...I did. They removed me, and never filed a criminal report on him. The hospital was given excuse after excuse and they never called LE. There are cases where it occurs. No one knows for sure if this is..or is not one of them. I do not know if LE had asked the neighbors about it whether they would have reported it. In the CPS investigation they said that they didn't see reason for me to be removed.....it does happen.

If there is any violence on this "man's" part, and it's domestic, you will not see it in public and unless you are a woman smaller than he you wouldn't be party to it.

Ya got that right stilettos, and anyone who would try to point to the public persona or behavior of a person --while he's the focus of an intense investigation, in the presence of LE and under the microscope of MEDIA --and try to suggest this is representative of his private character or behavior behind closed doors is either naive as to the stigmatized, closeted, shameful nature of domestic abuse, being disingenuous, or both. JMO

:parrot:

I'm not so sure LE has been totally stumped by a masterminded plot. It could be as simple as the fact that they don't know which person to charge with the actual crime and which to charge as an accessory. Or they may need more conclusive evidence (Haleigh) to fully prove their case.

If they come forward now and charge a suspect or suspect/s, they'll be forced to tip their hand as to what they already know. I believe it's a waiting game for LE--eventually someone will slip up. JMO.

That's what I've been thinking, not enough evidence for a conviction at this point - LE seems to be waiting for someone to slip up or for Haleigh's body to be found (sorry hate to say it, but that's what I'm thinking).

I am so sorry you went through that.
My father beat not only my mother, but also all of us kids for as long as I can remember.
Other family members knew, our neighbors knew, even family friends knew.
No one did anything, never a call to the police, no anonymous reports, nothing.
I went to school with bruises and cuts, I remember that clearly.
No one even intervened on my behalf or even asked how I got those injuries.
And I dared not tell because the one time I did, he convinced the person I told that I was lying.
I was punished severely for what he called "going against" my father.
He had the staff at the local emergency room convinced that I was a total klutz and was always hurting myself.
My father did some horrible things and got away with it all.
I ended up breaking away from them and totally unplugging.
So, yes, it certainly does happen.

Sorry that happened to both of you, but you are talking about a family unit type of abuse. One parent against another in an longterm ongoing abusive situation. These do often go unreported for a long time given the dynamics involved.

With Ronald, there have been at least 3 different relationships (maybe more) and have not involved the children telling or not telling etc. This would open up the possibility more that things would be said and charges filed against Ronald if such abuses had taken place.

That's what I've been thinking, not enough evidence for a conviction at this point - LE seems to be waiting for someone to slip up or for Haleigh's body to be found (sorry hate to say it, but that's what I'm thinking).

We've been talking about almost the same thing -- that they "know" what happened and the chances of her being returned alive are none. So there's no rush. It's like changing from rescue to recovery.

Hope we're all wrong.

Sorry that happened to both of you, but you are talking about a family unit type of abuse. One parent against another in an longterm ongoing abusive situation. These do often go unreported for a long time given the dynamics involved.

With Ronald, there have been at least 3 different relationships (maybe more) and have not involved the children telling or not telling etc. This would open up the possibility more that things would be said and charges filed against Ronald if such abuses had taken place.

Thanks, but the abuse (for me) didn't end there.
You see I've been on the other end (the woman who is in an abusive relationship/marriage end) of that stick too.
Just about every relationship I had after that (being abused by my father) ended up being abusive.
I, being a totally messed up in the head (naturally so) young lady after experiencing and witnessing my father's abuse for so long, picked men who were just like him.
It took me many years (until I was in my late 30's), several relationships, abusive ones and lots of therapy to finally figure out why I was doing this (repeating this pattern of enduring abuse) for me to see that I deserved better.
There were several relationships, and many incidents, in which I was abused, where I didn't report the abuse.
There are many reasons why I didn't, none of them good now that I am healthy and can look back on it all with a clear and honest view, but at the time, I had my reasons, even if they were misguided.
Friends knew, neighbors knew and nothing was said or done.
My ex-husband has a long history of abuse, with many different women, I know this for a fact, yet there are no charges against him to date, so believe me, I hear what you are saying, but it can and does still happen.

I can see we will have to continue to mentally split hairs on this issue. There are many serial abusers of multiple women that are not found out by LE ever or until serious injury or death occurs. Possibilities or no, it does happen.

Thanks, but the abuse (for me) didn't end there.
You see I've been on the other end (the woman who is in an abusive relationship/marriage end) of that stick too.
Just about every relationship I had after that (being abused by my father) ended up being abusive.
I, being a totally messed up in the head (naturally so) young lady after experiencing and witnessing my father's abuse for so long, picked men who were just like him.
It took me many years (until I was in my late 30's), several relationships, abusive ones and lots of therapy to finally figure out why I was doing this (repeating this pattern of enduring abuse) for me to see that I deserved better.
There were several relationships, and many incidents, in which I was abused, where I didn't report the abuse.
There are many reasons why I didn't, none of them good now that I am healthy and can look back on it all with a clear and honest view, but at the time, I had my reasons, even if they were misguided.
Friends knew, neighbors knew and nothing was said or done.
My ex-husband has a long history of abuse, with many different women, I know this for a fact, yet there are no charges against him to date, so believe me, I hear what you are saying, but it can and does still happen.

Yes, but were any of the men you speak of above at the center of a missing child's search that was receiving national attention (and IMO being the recipient of a very aggressive, vengeful attack of slander). Probably not.
I think that's the point (at least it is for me). With all that is going on, the only people making accusations are his ex (Haleighs bio mom), and her friends/family.
No neighbors. No teachers. No current friends/associates of Ron or Misty.
Only people with a possible motive are making accusations. Many people who have admitted to not even knowing them have made accusations.
And while sometimes people are abusive, sometimes people make things up too, either scenario is not outside the realm of possibility here.

Especially when one them has a history of lying to LE in order to have someone charged with a crime. I don't think that can be deemed irrelevant either.

Yes, but were any of the men you speak of above at the center of a missing child's search that was receiving national attention (and IMO being the recipient of a very aggressive, vengeful attack of slander). Probably not.
I think that's the point (at least it is for me). With all that is going on, the only people making accusations are his ex (Haleighs bio mom), and her friends/family.
No neighbors. No teachers. No current friends/associates of Ron or Misty.
Only people with a possible motive are making accusations. Many people who have admitted to not even knowing them have made accusations.
And while sometimes people are abusive, sometimes people make things up too, either scenario is not outside the realm of possibility here.

Especially when one them has a history of lying to LE in order to have someone charged with a crime. I don't think that can be deemed irrelevant either.

It's not irrelevant that RC was charged with maintaining a drug vehicle either. Drug dealers are known to be violent. Drug users have wildly changiing mood swings. Or that he was verbally abusive on the 911 call. All we are trying to say is that you would not necessarily know if he was being violent to Misty or his children.

Ya got that right stilettos, and anyone who would try to point to the public persona or behavior of a person --while he's the focus of an intense investigation, in the presence of LE and under the microscope of MEDIA --and try to suggest this is representative of his private character or behavior behind closed doors is either naive as to the stigmatized, closeted, shameful nature of domestic abuse, being disingenuous, or both. JMO

:parrot:
With all do respect I find this last sentence very distasteful and totally uncalled for. I can show you the pictures of horror I myself have lived with that will make you sick to your stomach. I am far from naive or any other things you suggested. And I dont need or want to read insulting remarks like this so I personally wont be back to WS.

Nail on the head, imo!!!! If I wanted to take a shot at seriously sleuthing a "possible other than" .... TN would be the one. This is one seriously vindictive operator for sure. You've heard of helicopter and lawnmower mothers ....

IMOO that is how a mom should act. ONE smart B. IMOO

Don't the mods control the atmosphere here?

They do, and in my opinion they do a great job. We are allowed to attack the post NOT the poster. I am sorry if you felt my posting about the *content* of your post was personal. It is not. We have vastly differing opinions and that is ok.

It's not irrelevant that RC was charged with maintaining a drug vehicle either. Drug dealers are known to be violent. Drug users have wildly changiing mood swings. Or that he was verbally abusive on the 911 call. All we are trying to say is that you would not necessarily know if he was being violent to Misty or his children.

Well if the drugs are going to deemed to be relevant, than as far as I'm concerned Marie is more than likely at least partially responsible, if that is ever deemed to be a fact in his current life.
Ron was what 16 when he started dating Crystal, and 17 when Marie was charged and convicted with maintaining a drug dwelling. A dwelling in which her minor children resided in and no doubt Ron was a frequent visitor. I can imagine the kind of "associates" Crystal must have had traipsing thru her house as a teenager in order for it to be deemed a "drug dwelling".
I'd venture to say the Sheffield camp isn't exactly stranger to the whole drug culture themselves, and for all we know introduced Ron to the whole lifestyle...just saying.

But yes, you are correct, I have no way of knowing if he was violent toward Misty. The children on the hand, I am pretty sure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole