Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2009-07-14 065.AGREED ORDER ON CHILDRENS ISSUES - AWN

This is an entry on the custody docket
I guess it is not a rumor then...is it? ;) When items are in the court records, they should be considered factual information. Thanks, Busy~ You do go above and beyond. :)

Atherella,

Do you think the UCN # is just a database assigned number to track every record ? It looks that way to me.

Wonder why a judge is named ?

It's interesting how you assume with no information to back you up, that RON is the one that was unwilling to work out an agreement to switch weekends so that Ron would be allowed to spend Father's Day with his son. Unless, of course, you have proof that Ron didn't try to work out something with Crystal?

Seems just as likely to me that Crystal was unwilling to allow Ron to have Junior on Father's Day until 6pm when HER visitation ended. Without PROOF - we just do not know and it is pointless to guess and make assumptions about either party.

I assume nothing. Ronald was charged with contempt of a court order to turn his child over to his mother for her scheduled visitation. Since there is no notice that Crystal took Jr on any other weekend but those given to her via court order, any reasonable person can draw the conclusion that his violating the court order was due to HIS actions, not Crystal's. Since he is also the custodial parent, he would have to agree to a different schedule. IF he'd agreed to one and Crystal denied it, changes nothing. Ronald was in contempt because of his own actions.

Can someone please give me a valid reason why JR's visitation days/week-ends following Haleigh's disappearance is even being discussed?

The subject seems to be nothing more than something to debate and adds nothing to the case at hand.

We may as well get it out in the open to prevent it from becoming a larger issue. The fact it is part of the public record means it should be OK to be discussed, imo. The custody battle is an ongoing dispute in this case and could go towards motive. We should be able to discuss possible motives when it comes to Haleigh's disappearance, imo.

Can someone please give me a valid reason why JR's visitation days/week-ends following Haleigh's disappearance is even being discussed?

The subject seems to be nothing more than something to debate and adds nothing to the case at hand.

Other than that it is a legal, public record of Ron's contempt of court and a charge of interference with custody? It is the Ron thread. Where should it be discussed? While everything should contain an element of Haleigh, there can be no way to forget that Jr is also a child of these two and deserves the visits with his mother without her having to go so far as to file charges against the father in order to get them. To me, having read the other documents, and reading Crystal's testimony that Ronald would often NOT let her see the children when she was supposed to be able to, is re-created in this newest charge.

That is why I discuss it. I cannot speak to why others do.

We may as well get it out in the open to prevent it from becoming a larger issue. The fact it is part of the public record means it should be OK to be discussed, imo. The custody battle is an ongoing dispute in this case and could go towards motive. We should be able to discuss possible motives when it comes to Haleigh's disappearance, imo.

Other than that it is a legal, public record of Ron's contempt of court and a charge of interference with custody? It is the Ron thread. Where should it be discussed? While everything should contain an element of Haleigh, there can be no way to forget that Jr is also a child of these two and deserves the visits with his mother without her having to go so far as to file charges against the father in order to get them. To me, having read the other documents, and reading Crystal's testimony that Ronald would often NOT let her see the children when she was supposed to be able to, is re-created in this newest charge.

That is why I discuss it. I cannot speak to why others do.

Thank you both for your reasons. Hopefully it will be discussed reasonably.

It's interesting how you assume with no information to back you up, that RON is the one that was unwilling to work out an agreement to switch weekends so that Ron would be allowed to spend Father's Day with his son. Unless, of course, you have proof that Ron didn't try to work out something with Crystal?

Seems just as likely to me that Crystal was unwilling to allow Ron to have Junior on Father's Day until 6pm when HER visitation ended. Without PROOF - we just do not know and it is pointless to guess and make assumptions about either party.

It appears massively incongruent that Crystal is lambasted for not following every jot and tittle of the law and Ron, once again is excused from breaking the law. Being in contempt of the order is against the law. Excuses or not.

Yes, she was within her rights to file the charge on him. However, it is a moral issue. To deny Ronald the relief to spend Father's Day with his child when he has a child missing is cruel, imo. She could have done the right thing by bringing him home on Saturday night or early Sunday morning, but she chose not to consider his feelings or those of her son, imo. He chose to face the consequences of making certain his child was with him for that very important day not only for himself...but for Rj, too. IMO, he did the right thing for his child.

Yeah, I can give you a good reason. Someone found it in the court documents. Therefore, it IS germaine to this case. At this point, anything to do with this case is important due to the lack of information from LE. If you don't think so, why not?

Yes, she was within her rights to file the charge on him. However, it is a moral issue. To deny Ronald the relief to spend Father's Day with his child when he has a child missing is cruel, imo. She could have done the right thing by bringing him home on Saturday night or early Sunday morning, but she chose not to consider his feelings or those of her son, imo. He chose to face the consequences of making certain his child was with him for that very important day not only for himself...but for Rj, too. IMO, he did the right thing for his child.

BBM. It is NOT a moral issue, it is a LEGAL issue, one more LEGAL issue wracked up AGAINST RONALD CUMMINGS.

I hope the judge, he or she, is a wise and fair individual who abides by the law - not by his or her own personal feelings in the matter. Special occasions occur throughout the year, i.e, Mother's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving . . .those issues are addressed during the visitation arrangement proceedings and the finished product reflects that - If the parent didn't take that, i.e, father's day, up with the court and request to have the child/children that day - No he/she can't just, out of the blue and with no prior discussion, refuse the other parent their scheduled visitation day. That's the way the law works and for very good reasons!!

IMO
--------
Does anyone know if Jr. spent Mother's Day with his mother?

I am a very lucky person as I have never been in the middle of a custody situation, either as a child or as a parent. What is the usual process when a parent is denied court ordered access to a child ? They call LE and then what happens ?

It appears massively incongruent that Crystal is lambasted for not following every jot and tittle of the law and Ron, once again is excused from breaking the law. Being in contempt of the order is against the law. Excuses or not.
----------
As for myself, I hope this is a sign that Crystal will not tolerate any bullying from Ron anymore on the custody issues. This time she is following the law regarding her visitation rights. I will venture to say that this is probably very new to Ron.

Stilettos - nowhere has Crystal been "lambasted" for anything. :rolleyes:

There has simply been a discussion where it has been stated we do not know what happened.

What we DO know is that Crystal had visitation that weekend from Friday night at 6pm through Sunday night at 6pm - as per the Court Order. The Court order overlapped with Ron's Father's Day visitation. These two parents were NOT able to come to an agreement to allow Ron his visitation with Junior. We do NOT know what steps they took to try and come to an agreement.

What we DO know is that Ron decided to keep Junior that weekend with him so that he would be able to enjoy his court ordered Father's Day visitation. He made a CHOICE and obviously felt it was worth the consequences of his DECISION.

Junior spent Mother's Day with his mother - and he spent Father's Day with his father. That is how things should be, IMO.

That said, things have obviously now been worked out.

2009-07-27 2 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION TO (ALL CTS)

The charges have been dismissed. And Crystal and Ron have filed an agreement in Court with matters related to the children before the attorneys withdrew.

2009-07-14 065.AGREED ORDER ON CHILDRENS ISSUES - AWN

Ron and Crystal have an agreement in place and hopefully they will be able to work together in the future for Junior's sake, and hopefully HaLeigh's as well. These children were created out of love. Just because they are no longer a couple does mean they should not be able to co-parent.

BBM. It is NOT a moral issue, it is a LEGAL issue, one more LEGAL issue wracked up AGAINST RONALD CUMMINGS.
To each his own. No matter how much I disliked my ex, I never kept my children from their father on his day. I would help make cards, gifts, and see to it they spent that valuable and quality time with him. It was not only important to him, but it was of utmost importance to them. They were excited and happy to see him on "his day". It was all about the children instead of the law. It was in their best interests which does make it a moral issue when it could be easily agreed upon by both parties without involving the courts.

So the question is: Do you do the right thing by the child or do you use the law to get what you want instead?

I am a very lucky person as I have never been in the middle of a custody situation, either as a child or as a parent. What is the usual process when a parent is denied court ordered access to a child ? They call LE and then what happens ?

Nothing much when you call LE, you HAVE to take it to court.

Nothing much when you call LE, you HAVE to take it to court.

Thanks, Blackwatch.

I assume that there are cost associated with the court action ? Fees ? Do you need to have an attorney ?

If the parent who wrongfully denies access is judged at fault, are those costs reimbursed to the complaining parent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member