Ron C. #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I found so far is a marijuana bust in 1997. no other drugs listed.

In 1997 RC was 14 years old.

Here are the dates of Marie's arrest and CONVICTION on those charges if I am reading it correctly. Now what are those dates and the link for the charges against Ronald?:

SHEFFIELD, NANCY MARIE
1997-07-28 1 ARREST REPORT - POSSESSION OF CANNABIS, POSSESSION WITN
1997-07-28 1 INTENT TO SELL OR DELIVER, MAINTAINING A DRUG DWELLING,
1997-07-28 1 POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA

~Snip~

1997-12-11 17 W/D FORMER PLEA, PLEAD GUILTY A/C CT I AND II UNLAWFUL POSS
1997-12-11 17 W/INTENT TO SELL OR DELIVER A CONT. SUB, MAINTAINING A
1997-12-11 17 DRUG DWELLING, ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 5YRS AND OR $5000 FINE
1997-12-11 17 1YR AND OR $1000 FINE, PL ACCEPTED, PSI ORDERED, CASE
1997-12-11 17 SET FOR SENTENCING 1/27/98 STATE RECOMM. GUIDELINE SENTENCE

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Haleigh grandma Nancy Marie Griffis criminal record
--------
The first section was an arrest on 12/2/2002
The last section was an arrest on 11/14/2006

Here are the dates of Marie's arrest and CONVICTION on those charges if I am reading it correctly. Now what are those dates and the link for the charges against Ronald?:

SHEFFIELD, NANCY MARIE

~Snip~

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Haleigh grandma Nancy Marie Griffis criminal record

Ron would have been a minor in 1997. I doubt anyone would have access to those records if they exist from that time period.

ETA: Clarfication that I do NOT think the arrests are related.

Here are the dates of Marie's arrest and CONVICTION on those charges if I am reading it correctly. Now what are those dates and the link for the charges against Ronald since they weren't posted with his record? So why again is out of the realm of possibilities he was set up?:

SHEFFIELD, NANCY MARIE

~Snip~

-------------
I don't understand why Ron and Marie appear to not like each other, they have so much in common. It really looks like a match made in heaven.

..............so let me get this straight now a days revenge is setting people up with a sh#* load of drugs and then sit back and hope they get pulled over and busted by the po po
before that person ever noticed the huge quantity (large enough to be considered intent to sell) laying around in the car??? your kidding right?lol....gmab......jmo
I don't recall reading anywhere he was busted in his own vehicle. He could have been in another vehicle or in someone else's house.

I am merely pointing out that people who openly detest Ronald have had access to substantial amounts of drugs in the past. Again, not saying they did anything...but it is not impossible either.

I wish no one had brought up that Ronald was a drug dealer again. (sigh) We wouldn't be having this conversation for the umpteenth time. Since we have to...these are things we need to consider.

This is getting so deep, I really have to leave. There is only so much I can absorb without getting too involved. Good night all.

Do people realize that 20grams of pot is less than an ounce? Chance are he had an ounce therefore more than 20 grams. They break it up on the dockets so if he had dealer quantity it would show that. That is not dealer quantity at all (doesnt make it right but people are making it sound like he had massive amounts) The record also doesnt have a charge of intent to sell so that indicates not dealer quantity. In addition, he did pay fines, he did attend a program and completed that program.

LE isnt talking we do not know if they have cleared up the 7pm - 3am timeline that was in question. I know alot think as soon as that is cleared up that Haleigh would be found. It may just be that Misty and RC are not guilty of harming Haleigh therefore clearing up any inconsistencies did not end in finding Haleigh. If they still have not cleared up the inconsistencies, then shame on LE for allowing this to go on for almost 6 months. It would be helpful if LE would make a statement, however they have made it pretty clear they aren't talking so I think we are out of luck on that one.

I guess bottom line for me is yes RC did drugs, yes RC screwed up but there have been no drug arrest for over 3 years, so how long are we gonna beat this into the ground? There is nothing but rumors that say drugs are involved in Haleighs disappearance - there is no evidence whatsoever that RC is dealing drugs at this time.

(Bold by me)
I can't continue the conversation because no...it doesn't make sense to me at all. What makes sense is that she has no alibi after 7:00pm until 3:00am and if they believe her or not...no one can back up her story so it will remain in question.

If she had company during the later hours...the timeline would be later because they could verify her alibi. LE still cannot place her anywhere else tho. It is the same for someone else who cannot prove their whereabouts because they were home alone and were not on the phone or the computer to verify it.

To even put the timeline at 7:00pm means they had to know Haleigh was alive until that time, imo. What other reason would they have to say the other hours were not in question? If they didn't know...they would have left the timeline at the time she got off the bus. Those hours never were mentioned as being in question at any time by LE.

ETA: LE has not named anyone as a "prime POI" or as a suspect.

SS have you even considered why LE puts the timeline at 7:00 pm until 3:00 am, rather than say either 7:10 pm, 7:20 pm or 7:30 pm until 3:00 am - If AS's (GGma) claim was truthful - she REALLY stopped by the mobile home "a little after seven," the timeline would be from the time that AS's left the home - when she last saw HaLeigh - AFTER 7PM . . .

NO ALIBI AFTER SEVEN AFTER ALL - 0:53/6:02
http://www.wftv.com/video/18748628/index.html

WARNING: LYING CAN CAUSE GAPS IN STORIES. THESE "GAPS" CAN DIRECTLY EFFECT LE'S ABILITY TO FIND A MISSING CHILD!
MOO

-------------
It is very difficult for people to forget Ron's arrest record: In the past he has been arrested for:

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Possession of Marijuana
Possession of Marijuana (more than 20 grams)
Possession of controlled substances (other than cocaine, heroin, opium, or marijuana)
Possess Methamphetamine
Possess MDMA
Possession of GHB (date rape drug)
Possession of Opium
Possession of Heroin
Possession of Cocaine

Maintain drug vehicle
Drug Paraphernalia
Possession of Marijuana (in excess of 20 grams)

The first section was just one arrest. If Ron wasn't dealing, then he passed up an opportunity. He possessed all of the above at one time. Way too much just for him partying. He was a walking pharmaceutical factory. These are just the drug arrests. It would have taken at least five pages to list all the other arrests. How can this be just ignored?

Lonetraveler just bumping off your post here :)

Ok the police would not arrest Ron and charge him with possession if it was not on his person or in his vehicle.
Maintaining a drug vehicle is the same as Marie's charge for maintaining a dwelling, it is just Ron was in a vehicle.
I posted what is supposed to happen when charged with what Ron's aresst record shows.

⋅ses⋅sion  /pəˈzɛʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [puh-zesh-uhn] Show IPA

Use possession in a Sentence
–noun 1. the act or fact of possessing.
2. the state of being possessed.
3. ownership.
4. Law. actual holding or occupancy, either with or without rights of ownership.
5. a thing possessed: He packed all his possessions into one trunk.
6. possessions, property or wealth.

1) Possession of Drug Paraphernalia:
http://www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/html/possession-paraphernalia.html

Possession Marijuana

20 g or less misdemeanor 1 year $1,000
More than 20 g felony 5 years $5,000
25 or more plants (formerly 300 plants) felony 15 years $10,000

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4530

--------------------------
http://www.wewillfight4you.com/Default.aspx?tabid=726

If you are adjudicated guilty there is a mandatory two (2) year driver's license suspension.

MISDEMEANOR
1. Marijuana possession less than 20 grams is 1st degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to one (1) year in the county jail.

2. Possession of drug paraphernalia is also a 1st degree misdemeanor. Drug paraphernalia means all equipment, products, and materials, of any kind which are used, intended for use, or designated for use in planting, propagating, cultivating, growing, harvesting, manufacturing, compounding, converting, producing, processing, preparing, testing, analyzing, packaging, repackaging, storing, containing, concealing, transporting, injecting, ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the human body a controlled substance.

Some examples: scales, sifters, blenders, bowls, spoons, balloons, capsules, envelopes, containers, bags, syringes, needles, pipes, bongs and roach clips.

3. Possession of limited quantities of Schedule V substances. Examples: codeine, dihydrocodeine, ethylmorphine, diphenoxylate, opium.

FELONY
Possession of controlled substances listed in Schedule I, II, III, IV. Some examples: Methamphetamine (Meth), cocaine, crack, heroin, LSD, hydrocodone, oxycodone, marijuana more than 20 grams, GHB, GBL.

Mere possession of certain substances may be classified as a 1st degree felony, punishable by up to thirty (30) years, a 2nd degree felony punishable up to fifteen (15) years, and a 3rd degree felony punishable up to five years.

In Florida, certain drug charges result in enhanced penalties based on the quantity of the drugs seized by law enforcement. The penalties and amount of drugs required to qualify for these enhanced penalties vary depending on the type of drug. Some of the most common drug trafficking examples in the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit are:

Methamphetamine

F.S. 893.135 (3)(f) Any person who possesses 14 grams or more of methamphetamine, amphetamine, or a mixture of pseudoephedrine or ephedrine in conjunction with other chemicals and equipment used to manufacture methamphetamine commits a felony of the first degree punishable as described below.

14-27 grams Three years minimum mandatory and a $50,000 fine.

28-199 grams Seven years minimum mandatory and a $100,000 fine.

200 grams Fifteen years minimum mandatory and a $250,000 fine.

Cocaine

F.S. 893.135 (1)(b)

28-199 grams Three years minimum mandatory and a $50,000 fine.

200-399 grams Seven years minimum mandatory and a $100,000 fine.

400grams- 149 kilos Fifteen years minimum mandatory and a $250,000 fine.

150 kilograms Mandatory life and a $500,000 fine.

Marijuana

F.S. 893.135 (1)(a)

25- 1999 lbs Three years minimum mandatory and a $25,000 fine.

2000-9,999 lbs Seven years minimum mandatory and a $50,000 fine.

10,000 lbs Fifteen years minimum mandatory and a $200,000 fine.

Heroin

F.S. 893.135 (1)(c)

4-13 grams Three years minimum mandatory and a $50,000 fine.

14-27 grams Fifteen years minimum mandatory and a $100,000 fine.

28 grams- 29kilos Twenty-five years minimum mandatory and a $250,000 fine.

30 kilograms Mandatory life and a $500,000 fine.

Oxycodone/Hydrocodone

F.S. 893.135 (1)(c)

4-13 grams Three years minimum mandatory and a $50,000 fine.

14-27 grams Fifteen years minimum mandatory and a $100,000 fine.

28 grams- 29kilos Twenty-five years minimum mandatory and a $250,000 fine.

30 kilograms Mandatory life and a $500,000 fine.

GHB/GBL

F.S. 893.135 (1)(h)

1- 4 kilograms Three years minimum mandatory and a $50,000 fine.

5- 9 kilograms Seven years minimum mandatory and a $100,000 fine.

10-149 kilos Fifteen years minimum mandatory and a $250,000 fine.

150 kilograms Mandatory life and a $500,000 fine

This is the out come for RC maintaining a drug vehicle

005-03-03 20 DEFT SWORN, W/D FORMER PLEA, PLEAD NOLO A/C, ADVISED
2005-03-03 20 MAX PENALTY 5 YRS DOC &/OR $5000 FINE, PSI WAIVED,
2005-03-03 20 PLEA ACCEPTED, SENTENCING SET SAME DAY
2005-03-03 20 ADJUDICATION OF GUILT WITHHELD
2005-03-03 20 $370.00 COURT COSTS (6 MONTHS TO PAY)
2005-03-03 20 ADI PROGRAM - LEVEL II
2005-09-08 21 CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION OF ADI LEVEL II PROGRAM
2005-09-08 21 $370.00 COURT COST PAID
2005-11-14 22 $370.00 PAYMENT MADE TO CASE

Also there is a big difference between Maries maintaining a drug dwelling and RC maintaining a drug vehicle. She was charged with intent to sell and deliver

Like I said earlier they both screwed up, I don't see anyone stating Marie is a drug dealer because of her old charges, which at the time were for dealing. I guess I don't see the point in going over and over this, maybe I am just missing something.

And for the record like I have stated many times - Putnam County needs to revamp their court system and sentencing for various offenses. This is not special treatment for the Cummings or Sheffields, they have all gotten just smacks on the wrist just like every other person in Putman County charged with a drug offense. JMO

Can you prove to me those were his drugs? I can prove to you he was not convicted and those charges were dropped.

Hmmm...now when was the date that Marie was arrested for maintaining a drug dwelling again?

Is it also a coincidence that all of Ron's former girlfriends, his current wife & Crystal are all known drug users.....or former users in the case of Crystal? With that being known, is it such a far stretch to imagine that possibly those were, in fact, his drugs? Do you think that he had no idea that any of these girls were on drugs, and do you think it would have made him change his mind and stop seeing them when/if he found out they were users? Maybe the reason he was with these girls is just because he was trying to help them straighten their lives out & get clean; maybe that's it. What are your thoughts on this?

Is it a stretch to say RC cleaned up his act once he had children. His reason for going for custody per the documents was Crystals cocaine use, we don't know if A was doing drugs when she was RC, Misty do we know if just fell off the wagon type thing that weekend or is a continous drug user. Crystals former boyfriends have drug charges as well, do we know if Crystal was using then - I have no clue. Do we know for certain Crystal isn't using anymore, her fiance has drug charges, drug items were just found on their property recently (I realize they say the items did not belong to Sheffields/Griffis).

The thing is we don't know if any of them are currently doing drugs. The only thing we know is Misty did drugs over a 36 hour period. Sorry I can't label her a druggy based on a 36 hour period. I can't label RC, Crystal, Marie, Bruce etc druggies based on their past records.

This is the out come for RC maintaining a drug vehicle

005-03-03 20 DEFT SWORN, W/D FORMER PLEA, PLEAD NOLO A/C, ADVISED
2005-03-03 20 MAX PENALTY 5 YRS DOC &/OR $5000 FINE, PSI WAIVED,
2005-03-03 20 PLEA ACCEPTED, SENTENCING SET SAME DAY
2005-03-03 20 ADJUDICATION OF GUILT WITHHELD
2005-03-03 20 $370.00 COURT COSTS (6 MONTHS TO PAY)
2005-03-03 20 ADI PROGRAM - LEVEL II
2005-09-08 21 CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION OF ADI LEVEL II PROGRAM
2005-09-08 21 $370.00 COURT COST PAID
2005-11-14 22 $370.00 PAYMENT MADE TO CASE

Also there is a big difference between Maries maintaining a drug dwelling and RC maintaining a drug vehicle. She was charged with intent to sell and deliver

Like I said earlier they both screwed up, I don't see anyone stating Marie is a drug dealer because of her old charges, which at the time were for dealing. I guess I don't see the point in going over and over this, maybe I am just missing something.

I agree they both messed up. I dont know if Ron or Marie are drug dealers. I think one of the reasons people keep beating this is IMO only that perhaps it has some part in why Haleigh is missing. It is something I consider as a strong possibility.When you surround yourself with people in the drug world you dont always know who you are letting into your home or life, even if you think you might. This stands for the Griffis as well. This kind of lifestyle is not a good enviorment for any child. JMO of course

I know for me I am craving some actual sleuthing, instead of just going round and round in circles about whether RC does drugs or is abusive. There has to be things we have missed, things that if we research we might come up with something that will help. Putting differences aside and really looking for info instead of just accusing and defending all dang day long. I for one feel like Haleigh is being forgotten, feel like LE just wants it to fade away, people are profiting off Haleigh going missing and it is driving me bonkers.

Busylady, Glad to see you are going to go see this stuff that's going on. It would help so much. I appreciate your endevor. Please keep an open mind. I know you can. Pics would be a bonus. Thanks DK

Busylady, Glad to see you (might) be going to go see this stuff that's going on. It would help so much. I appreciate your endevor. Please keep an open mind. I know you can. Pics would be a bonus. Thanks DK

eta might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member