Ron C.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder with the other missing children that were taken from their home how long it took to release the home back to the family...does anyone know?

I have researched most of the cases here in Oregon and usually it is within 24 hours..... as soon as CSI is done... and all the evdience is collected...

now with Ward Weaver it was over a week..... but that WAS a crime scene.

How are they legally holding it? If someone can figure that one out...maybe they should give that loophole to other LE around the country so when a person goes missing they can use it, too!! (There are several cases where it would be very beneficial to put pressure on the POIs and Suspects!)

Looks like the trailer is a crime scene...and the whole world, well except for 3 people, are suspects. Gee I wonder why we can't find anything?

It makes me wonder if they believe she was killed in the trailer and the reason they are holding it as a crime scene. I have never known a missing person's home to be held indefinitely like this. Drew P., Scott P., and Craig S. did not have their homes taken over and not released by LE. What makes this any different? How are they legally holding it?

Me too, I think it's highly unusual. The only thing I've heard that sounds out of the way is the GF finding Haleigh's shirt back in the dirty clothes pile after she gave that description of her wearing it.

It makes me wonder if they believe she was killed in the trailer and the reason they are holding it as a crime scene. I have never known a missing person's home to be held indefinitely like this. Drew P., Scott P., and Craig S. did not have their homes taken over and not released by LE. What makes this any different? How are they legally holding it?

ITA, SeriouslySearching. Maybe the first batch of testing has led to more evidence? I'm glad they had the sense not to allow the scene to be contaminated like the Ramsey case was. This way nobody can purposely or inadvertantly destroy important evidence. There may still be clues to where Haleigh can be found that haven't been discovered yet.

It sure would help to know what they've taken and tested.

ITA, SeriouslySearching. Maybe the first batch of testing has led to more evidence? I'm glad they had the sense not to allow the scene to be contaminated like the Ramsey case was. This way nobody can purposely or inadvertantly destroy important evidence. There may still be clues to where Haleigh can be found that haven't been discovered yet.

It sure would help to know what they've taken and tested.
In all other cases, LE would have to obtain new SWs to gather more evidence which is specific to the case. This is giving them carte blanche and I don't see how it is legally being done.

I wonder if it is because this is not a solid home with a foundation and is considered then like a vehicle? We do know they can hold onto a car or RV for evidence as long as they want.

I think this is VERY VERY Strange...... why are they STILL holding the home? CSI has been in there.... all the evidence should have been collected by now!

Anyone else heard of them holding the home so long?

That's why I asked the question Sea, it seems so strange almost 2 weeks and they can't go back into their home? It must be the crime scene, but still. :confused:

In all other cases, LE would have to obtain new SWs to gather more evidence which is specific to the case. This is giving them carte blanche and I don't see how it is legally being done.

I wonder if it is because this is not a solid home with a foundation and is considered then like a vehicle? We do know they can hold onto a car or RV for evidence as long as they want.

I'm just guessing here, but it may have be the Owner of the Mobile Home gave permission to have it secured until the LE has all of their results of the search completed & reports are in.

I'm just guessing here, but it may have be the Owner of the Mobile Home gave permission to have it secured until the LE has all of their results of the search completed & reports are in.
excellent thought. I wonder how the rights of renters are figured in. I would also hedge a bet that the family chose to stay out of the home so as not to get in the way of the investigation... to me, they have appeared to go above and beyond in the cooperation zone... (mhoo)

Unless they watched and have learned from other missing person cases that they released the other homes too soon, LP, DP etc. and may need to go back in a few more times when the initial testing comes back, so they are playing it safe.

Here is a link for you Shaymus. I also posted this in another thread earlier this morning. It really alarmed me as well. The person who posted it added captions so it points out every time one of them slip up. I'm not insinuating that either one of them are guilty but this interview does strike me as weird and does give me other thoughts about what could have happened to Haleigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z6jX8Xvmc

That was good. :clap:

I think for "agreement" he meant that he had talked to Haleigh and explained
to her that when she got in trouble she was going to get a spanking.
I have done that with my gandkids.... I tell them "if you hit your sister you will get a time out"
and then I ask them "do you understand" they say "yes"

yes= agreement!
IMO

Yeah, that is a basic parenting technique and nothing strange. It's similar to having a reward/consequences or if/then chart. The children know what they will get (or have taken away) depending upon their actions. If the ultimate goal is a well-behaved child, it's imperative that the child is not "surprised" by consequences to their actions, but can actually see that his/her behavior brought about this consequence. If CPS was actually involved (I've heard that rumor, and don't know if it's true or not) this might have been something taught in a required parenting class. It's a way to keep emotions out of the discipline on both the parent's part (he/she knows exactly how to discipline the child - essential if the parent is prone to anger or inconsistency) and the child's part (he/she understands discipline was fair and justified - keeps him from resenting the parent). This system works best when it is coupled with a rewards system as well such as, "If you finish your homework within an hour of arriving home, you can play outside until dinner," so children experience both sides of the coin.

I think the term "agreement" got all of us wondering, but when I watched the video of his exact words it seemed he is probably just referring to having established behavioral limits with previously determined disciplinary consequences.

:waitasec: I suppose this is possible, but like NeeBee...I have to wonder about the legal rights of the renter. With a contract, it would seem to me that Ronald would have certain legal rights which would prevent the owner giving the trailer to LE indefinitely.

:waitasec: I suppose this is possible, but like NeeBee...I have to wonder about the legal rights of the renter. With a contract, it would seem to me that Ronald would have certain legal rights which would prevent the owner giving the trailer to LE indefinitely.

What if they are behind on the rent? Would that break the contract? :waitasec:

To the best of our knowledge, the immediate area, including the river, were thoroughly searched. Several items of interest were found, but later dismissed as not related to this case. LE has taken an abandoned vehicle into evidence and processed it, but we don't know if that vehicle yielded anything significant or not. We don't even know the make and model of that vehicle.

The only reason I can fathom for LE holding that mobile home for this long is that they consider it the scene of the crime.

Here is a link for you Shaymus. I also posted this in another thread earlier this morning. It really alarmed me as well. The person who posted it added captions so it points out every time one of them slip up. I'm not insinuating that either one of them are guilty but this interview does strike me as weird and does give me other thoughts about what could have happened to Haleigh.

Thank you ! I'm going to have to watch that several times. Whew - wish someone with body language expertise would comment on that interview !

MC looks so very young throughout the interview. So young. What a shame.

my guess would be that ron is allowing them to hold it. LE probably asked him if they could and told him it could be crucial to finding haleigh and ron agreed.

just look at the anthony case. how many times did they go back and search the house? the trailer is full of POTENTIAL evidence. LE just doesn't know what it could be at this time, and evidence could be destroyed (either purposely or accidentally) if someone returned to living there.

this does seem unusual, which makes me think that ron is allowing it. it could all be part of him ACTING innocent, OR he's really doing whatever he can to help find his child.

Aside from the obvious coaching in this interview, I have always wondered about the part where both Ron and Misty state that there's no possible way the door could have been opened without picking the lock. Neither gives any room for mistakenly leaving the door unlocked.

If the lock shows no sign of being picked, these two are kind of painting themselves into a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell