Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this doesn't prove that he can be violent and out of control human, I wonder what it will take to convince those who attest to his good virtues and insist he is a great father and they have no concerns or worries concerning him.

RC, aside from being dysfunctional, had control and responsibility for two tiny children (one an infant and the other barely a toddler). There was no secure home provided for them. They were shuffled from house to house and various young girls providing their care in exchange for sex and living arrangements.

Another poor decision and we now have Haleigh gone, possibly forever. The good provider and excellent father beat up somebody who came over because his wife wanted to leave. If this is an example of his parenting and self-control, I don't think I want to see what he is like behind closed doors any longer. My imagination has gone to the dark scary place.

I tell you what if two people had come onto my property in the middle of the night and started a fight I would have shot them, as is my right under Castle Doctrine Law, same as with FL. Sr. holds Ron while Jr beats him up. So I don't know how he is the violent one.

Ty for posting that noelle. I did not realize that the charges against RC would go to the SA office as well to be reviewed to determine if there is enough to pursue the charges once they review all the statements and info.

I wonder if this is why we see alot of notations in the court documents of no info received and the charge is dropped - is it because the SA did not feel the charges would stick so they don't pursue them?

My husband would have shot them too. lol. I want the whole story on this one before I say much. I don't understand why everyone is saying that Misty is scared for her own safety. She had the perfect opportunity to get out of dodge last night. For the record, just about everyone in this case have criminal records, Croslins included, I am not surprised that we are seeing a little action right now, for goodness sakes they have all been quiet for so long and stayed out of trouble since Haleigh went missing.

who is the SA? Does anyone know? TIA please and thank you

She did last night, they were turned over to the SA. Did you read the bottom of the article?

Where does it state that Misty Filed charges?. If I am reading this correctly it is Ron who is filing the charges.

In Ronald's statement he stated that three people Hank Croslin Jr, Sr and Lisa Croslin showed up at his grandma's house after they were told not to come there by his wife Misty Cummings. He said that Hank Jr and Sr got out of the van and approached in an "aggressive" manner. He said that he asked Hank Jr to get out of his face and he then came closer. He thought he was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way. He said that Hank Jr then hit him after Ronald pushed him and the physical altercation began. He said that Hank Sr then entered the fight and held him while Hank Jr hit him. Ronald completed a sworn written statement in reference to the incident and also signed charging affidavits against Hank Croslin Jr and Sr for battery.
Ronald was booked without incident on the charge of Burglary with Battery. His bond is set at $12,504.00. Photographs were taken of Ronald Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr's injuries. The photographs have been uploaded onto the PCSO website for further review. At this time, the charging affidavits against Hank Croslin Jr and Sr will be forwarded to the State Attorney's Office for further review. Any further reports or supplements will be completed and submitted in a timely manner.

Facts? No, that is the Croslins side of the story The only fact we know is they were at Gma Sykes house in the middle of the night. Why didn't Hank want to sign the report?

Middle of the night.....hahahaha....now we begin to see why there is such a misunderstanding over what time CS's arrival at "mid morning" means!

To me middle of the night is from about 2 am to 4 am......and 10:45 is more like late evening! All in one's interpretation!

I really don't think that is standard procedure unless it's a drug or DUI related charge. It's not actually against the law to have drugs in your "system".
---------
If Ron was visibly on drugs or alcohol, couldn't that be considered "under the influence". I'm aware that he was at his home but if he was committing a felony at the time, couldn't any drug or alcohol be considered?

Where does it state that Misty Filed charges?. If I am reading this correctly it is Ron who is filing the charges.

In Ronald's statement he stated that three people Hank Croslin Jr, Sr and Lisa Croslin showed up at his grandma's house after they were told not to come there by his wife Misty Cummings. He said that Hank Jr and Sr got out of the van and approached in an "aggressive" manner. He said that he asked Hank Jr to get out of his face and he then came closer. He thought he was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way. He said that Hank Jr then hit him after Ronald pushed him and the physical altercation began. He said that Hank Sr then entered the fight and held him while Hank Jr hit him. Ronald completed a sworn written statement in reference to the incident and also signed charging affidavits against Hank Croslin Jr and Sr for battery.
Ronald was booked without incident on the charge of Burglary with Battery. His bond is set at $12,504.00. Photographs were taken of Ronald Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr's injuries. The photographs have been uploaded onto the PCSO website for further review. At this time, the charging affidavits against Hank Croslin Jr and Sr will be forwarded to the State Attorney's Office for further review. Any further reports or supplements will be completed and submitted in a timely manner.
-----
I also interpreted the report that Ron had filed charges. I have not seen where Misty did. I assumed that Misty showed up at the jail to get Ron out of jail via bond.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ronald_cummings_arrested_for_burglary_assault

There is a lot of information in this article, including the statement of LE. IMO and my interpretation of the article, the Croslins were called to come over and rescue Misty from Ron. She wanted to leave. There was obviously a fight between Misty and Ron, according to the report. The Croslins came over, it Pi**ed Ron off, he decided to become Billy Bada** and started beating up anyone he could reach. Of course, Misty, after calling her family screaming and crying begging them to come get her, changed her story immediately as to her injuries. I'm of the opinion that GMS gave her explicit instructions on how she (Misty) was actually injured.

I don't think it will be very long before we see a very injured Misty or Misty just disappears.

This article is excellent as it contains a police report as well as a synopsis of the statements made by individuals involved.

It would appear that Misty called her brother and asked him to come get her, but when her family members arrived, changed her mind. One of the things that jumped out at me was that in RC's statement, he said that HC junior and senior approached him in an "aggressive" manner and as they got closer RC thought HC junior was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way. It appears that altercation escalated due to RC's behavior.

Misty's statement doesn't make sense, and I don't feel she's telling the truth about what happened. GMS admits she was in bed and awoke to a fight already in progress. She says she attempted to seperate those fighting and was successful at getting RC to go inside her residence, but that RC came back out and the fighting resumed.

At this point, it seems that all statements have an element of the truth to them, except for Misty's.

LE has said again there are too many inconsistencies.

Darn, those pesky inconsistencies....that keep following Misty around like little black clouds.

I wonder if Jr. got to see another violent circus. This child is being influenced in a very negative way. If he slept through this one I would be worried about his health.

It looks like Ron is out?
RONALD LEMYLES CUMMINGS
Satsuma , FL
Booking Date & Time: 8/6/2009 1:03:59 AM - Booking#: 09-03225
Release Date & Time: 8/6/2009 1:12:36 PM
Jail Log
CUMMINGS RONALD LEMYLES 10/29/1983 M W 09-03225 8/6/2009 1:03:59 AM 8/6/2009 1:12:36 PM http://public.pcso.us/jail/booking.aspx

I apologize if you took offense, I should of been specific at who that comment was directed to. I try and filter myself and not let those things thru but sometimes it builds and it just slips after seeing post with name calling of anyone who supports RC in any way shape or form, and the continued list of the excuse tally that gets posted over and over. I do apologize and I have taken steps to avoid seeing those particular type post so it does not build back up and the snark comes out.

Sorry it took me a bit to respond to this post Busy - running around like a mad woman doing laundry, painting a bathroom and shampooing carpet . . . :crazy:

I understand - HaLeigh's disappearance/this case has gotten to all of us with far too much time passed without any answers. Something for all of us to keep in mind, no one is all bad and all good. I may happen to be of the opinion that RC & MC are involved and/or know what happened to HaLeigh, others may feel that about Crystal or someone else but because I am of that opinion doesn't mean, for me at least, that every issue that "has been and will be" regarding RC & MC deems them automatically in the wrong. I have seen this guilty of everything "across the board" displayed here by many toward Crystal and toward Ron/Misty. I suppose it's easier to see somebody as all bad or all good rather than having to sort it out and as human nature would have it, oftentimes we all look for the easier way out . . . That said, can we all please stop with using the "hater" reference here?

I do not mean to imply that this is your motivation Busy but sometimes this approach is used to shut down discussions, to make individual(s) with opposing or alternative views feel/look as though they are biased in some way. I've seen this frequently in discussions on gender and race issues - terms such as racist, feminist, or chauvinist are often tossed around to shut down the debate/decussion.

JMO

-------
Makes you wonder if Hank Sr. had to pull Ron off of Hank Jr.???

People keep picking on RC and getting Misty all confused.

Granny said she was asleep at the beginning, but she said that the Croslins started it.

---------
If Ron was visibly on drugs or alcohol, couldn't that be considered "under the influence". I'm aware that he was at his home but if he was committing a felony at the time, couldn't any drug or alcohol be considered?

You would think that LE would of done some kind of testing, especially since it was speculated that he was on something and acting out in a strange way. Now, did they? Probably not. But, I would hope they did.

You know I wonder if both versions of the calls are true. The brother new there was drama and had been calling and calling. Misty calls and says I am out of here come get me, has a change of heart calls and says don't come, but they are already on their way/went anyway (I would have).

Misty probally had a change of heart by being promised Ron would "never do it again". An "A" typical response from a hot tempered man in which you know it will happen again...JMO of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71