Ron Cummings tells G & C Anthony "STAY AWAY!"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My "respect meter" just rose about 75% based on Ron's decision! :clap: Good to know he isn't drinking the Anthony koolaid. :hypno:

YAY Ron. SOrry, but if there's one place I don't want to see the Anthony circus, it's connected to another missing child. I would make a comment about the Anthony family and their pursuit of the media...but I want to come back to WS in the morning.

Regardless if you think Ronald is involved in his childs disappearance or not, you have to admit that it was a wise thing to do. Avoiding people who are enabling for one of the most uncaring and brutal murderers in the past year is a brilliant choice. I would have had a little more respect for the Anthony's had they shown an ounce of compassion for their beautiful granddaughter, but they haven't. In my book they passed an evil gene on to their daughter and Ronald should steer clear of them.

I absolutely detest George and Cindy Anthony and do not feel they should have involvement in anything whatsoever to do with Haleigh.

Having said that, I think Crystal showed a lot of class by attending. Part of it was for Haleigh. At least Crystal did seem very uncomfortable when Cindy tried to console her. Too bad Ronald did not think that anything at all having to do with Haleigh was worthy of attending.

I am baffled that people would applaud Ronald and blast Crystal over this thing. I honestly do not know what to think and I am being very honest when I say this.

First off this statement was uncalled for and inappropriate. If this is a problem handle it diligently, not in front of the media.
I don't buy that Ron is so concerned with Anthony's agenda when his is not much different. That is why he to has some inconsistent statements and married the person who last cared for his child who is also lying (MISTY).
His excuse, I was at work I don't know anything.... I don't know why Misty is lying, but I married her because that is what Haleigh wanted. I don't see how this is helping locate Haleigh. I do agree that the Anthony's should not be allowed anywhere near anyone who has really lost a child...they should write a book on what not to do if your child goes missing. Not that anyone would know how to act or feel in such a tragic situation. But common sense will tell anyone that if a child goes missing if the parents are innocent they will not lie, steal, hide, or hinder an investigation period because they would want their child back. Now, someone who does not want their child back or is protecting some will do the above "IMO". :truce:

Thank you for your very intelligent post, MADJGNLAW.

I particularly love this part of the press release:

"The Anthony's have their own agenda, as witnessed by their recent media tour. The facts relating to the death of Calee (sic) Anthony, which resulted in the first degree murder charges against Casey Anthony, are in no way similar to Haleigh's disappearance," the release said.

WOW! they can show love and support for Haleigh, but they can't for Caylee? nobody goes to all of Caseys court hearings to support the precious victim Caylee, but they try to show support for a child they have never met? who is showing up for Caylee at all these hearings? 'scuse my french, but "wtfart" is wrong with these people? sowry ;)

I think the only reason that the Anthony's when down was because of the foundation they are trying to jump start. To the best of my recollection, they had just been on the LKL show talking about it and at some point, they probably felt like they had to get 'out there' and start being in the public again and what best way to do this than with Haleigh's mom at the vigil. So IMHO, they didn't have their heart in the right place again - they used the platform for their own needs (foundation) and that is why the tears didn't appear genuine. I appauld Ron for what he done and hope that Crystal does it the next time. The Anthony's are losers and their public supporters will be categorized the same. Until they can come clean and start acting like 'normal' people, no one is going to take them serious and they will continue to be a mockery.

IMO, seems that the Anthonys are trying to assuage and escape their own guilty feelings by diverting their attention to other people.

WOW! they can show love and support for Haleigh, but they can't for Caylee? nobody goes to all of Caseys court hearings to support the precious victim Caylee, but they try to show support for a child they have never met? who is showing up for Caylee at all these hearings? 'scuse my french, but "wtfart" is wrong with these people? sowry ;)
Corp. Yuri Melich, John Allen, and the boys are showing up for Caylee. The SA's Office is there for Caylee. :) She has been their only concern and they will bring justice for her.

The State of Florida is there for Caylee, along with the FBI, FDLE, OCSO, SA.

RC has probably seen/heard of Caylee's tragic story and doesn't want anyone who raised a child murderer around him, associated with him, talking to him or helping to get out the word on the disappearance of his daughter. I bet GGM told him a long time ago that if he laid down with dogs he would wake up with fleas and he listened good.

The last thing he needs is to be associated in any way with a child murderer and I am sure he despises KC as much as everyone else.

An excellent public relations move. Thought it would get more mileage than it did though.:confused:

Well, this appears to be the one smart thing this guy has done.

G & C bring a media circus in tow, and any presence from them would just further intermingle the two cases and take focus OFF of Haleigh.

An excellent public relations move. Thought it would get more mileage than it did though.:confused:

You might just have to forget it if it isnt a bounty hunter or a PI it doesn't get the mileage. Unlike like the Anthony's who get a little of both.The focus should always be Haleigh but sadly as both cases have shown in different ways thats not always the case.

Having family members of a murdered child at the hands of her parent hanging around being supportive probably causes a little bit too much discomfort for Ron and family.
moo

Well now that we question a lot of RC actions I want to bring this thread back. My comment is that RC feared people would think he was involved in his daughters disappearance with the A's lurking around. While I had thought that the A's were trying to sharpen their own image, initially I had wondered why would RC turn away help? They were just trying to help find Haleigh right? What was the big deal if not what I underlined? Discomfort for what reason? RC has stated repeatedly things that make it sound like he thought she has died.
BBm. Hmm.
The A's would have been an interest to keep Haleighs name out there when the clues stopped coming.

People have certainly made the comparisons between Caylee's case and Haleigh's case before. Even going so far as to call hink on the fact that Haleigh's case broke the day of Caylee's memorial.

If Ron et all were conspiring to cover up Haleigh's death and were trying to use Caylee's case as background then maybe having the A's show up in town was just too much heat for them? Too close for comfort? Maybe thinking it would cause people to compare the two cases and call them out on it?

I was trying to figure out why the Anthonys were even being discussed in May since George showed up in Satsuma in February. I'm still not real sure. Why did Ron's attys even bring up the Anthony's at that point?

1st post of the thread:
Ronald Cummings to Casey Anthony family: "Stay away!"
Ronald Cummings, father of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, said he wants help from everyone except Cindy and George Anthony.
"The family of Ronald Cummings, father of Haleigh Cummings, wishes to make it clear that they do not want any involvement by George and Cindy Anthony in the continuing search for Haleigh Cummings," according to a press release issued by the Kimball & Snider Law Firm, which represents Cummings.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-haleigh-cummings-casey-anthony-051909,0,2097323.story

Seems like I member that it was Ron's dad who made the A's leave---I'm sure he has a T.V. and seen the whole A's saga and I don't blame them at all for not wanting the A's around.

JMO but I cannot for the life of me see Jack/Lester sitting around watching the Anthony stuff on TV. Teresa & Annette, yes. Misty & Lisa, maybe. Jack/Lester, no way.

I ponder if Picazio is going to shut the Anthony's down, from Crystal's side, next... given that Picazio is part of this case as an indirect issue of the Anthony's possibly trying to get Casey off by wrongly pointing fingers at someone else (Jesse Grund). (Remember, Cobra is working for the Grunds, of which R Grund did ask Cobra to help out on Haleigh's case... in turn Cobra is the one that was the catalyst for Picazio stepping up to rep Crystal. Surely Cobra would make sure Kim and Crystal knew that the Anthonys would be the last people they would want to get buddy-buddy with.)

I'm with Ron on this one... the Anthonys motives are very questionable, given that they have been on a crusade to get Casey off. They have yet to even stand up for Caylee... it's all about Casey. Seriously... until they start doing right by Caylee, they are not a true representation of someone that is pure in motive when it comes to other child cases. (Regardless of them insisting Casey did not kill Caylee, they have yet to seek and put an outcry out in the name of finding justice for Caylee, period.)

elephaba, this part has really bugged me for a while. I have never understood how/why Cobra was hired by Rev. Grund. I know about the supposed attempt by the Anthonys to steal and/or plant Jesse's DNA, but I can't imagine why Rev. Grund would feel the need to hire a bounty hunter. Any insight by anyone about this would be greatly appreciated by me. I didn't follow the Caylee case [thank heavens.]

re: the blonde atty. No comment from me. No way. ;)

People have certainly made the comparisons between Caylee's case and Haleigh's case before. Even going so far as to call hink on the fact that Haleigh's case broke the day of Caylee's memorial.

If Ron et all were conspiring to cover up Haleigh's death and were trying to use Caylee's case as background then maybe having the A's show up in town was just too much heat for them? Too close for comfort? Maybe thinking it would cause people to compare the two cases and call them out on it?

Maybe a misguided or plain bizarre attempt to make lemonade out of lemons?

If she was already gone and there was a chance to make a few bucks, maybe get enough $$$ and publicity to pay for a criminal defense?

I was trying to figure out why the Anthonys were even being discussed in May since George showed up in Satsuma in February. I'm still not real sure. Why did Ron's attys even bring up the Anthony's at that point?

1st post of the thread:

JMO but I cannot for the life of me see Jack/Lester sitting around watching the Anthony stuff on TV. Teresa & Annette, yes. Misty & Lisa, maybe. Jack/Lester, no way.

elephaba, this part has really bugged me for a while. I have never understood how/why Cobra was hired by Rev. Grund. I know about the supposed attempt by the Anthonys to steal and/or plant Jesse's DNA, but I can't imagine why Rev. Grund would feel the need to hire a bounty hunter. Any insight by anyone about this would be greatly appreciated by me. I didn't follow the Caylee case [thank heavens.]

re: the blonde atty. No comment from me. No way. ;)

In regards to your first question...: )

RC's attorney's brought up the Anthony's after a missing children's event that they attended. article here: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19490260/detail.html

snip~George and Cindy Anthony, the grandparents of Caylee, joined Crystal Sheffield and Marie Griffis, the mother and grandmother of Haleigh, and dozens of other people at Lake Mary City Hall for a national vigil of hope.

The foursome pointed out that 2,300 people are reported missing nationwide every day.

"Even though we don't have Haleigh here at this moment, I know in my heart that (God) is going to bring her back to us," Griffis said.

"Coping with someone missing is the most gut-wrenching, sick, open-wound feeling you can ever, ever have," George Anthony said.~ end

LFlorida: Cobra was both a bounty hunter and PI... he was supposedly hired by Grund to investigate and expose the people that had tried to implicate Jesse as the murderer of Caylee. I guess nothing ever came of it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NopeNopeNope
Back