Ron Cummings tells G & C Anthony "STAY AWAY!"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't disagree with anything you said after the first sentence, and more. He's in jail as a result of his own choices; he's ruined his life, made his son's life exponentially more difficult, and because he was living with Misty, he put his kids at risk, with terrible results for Haleigh. I agree.

However, none of us know why he turned down the Anthonys. It might not have even been his idea, for all we know. But my point is that the Anthonys are toxic, and not wanting to have them front and center, sucking all the air out of the search for Haleigh and tainting legitimate search efforts with their craziness and denial, is a sign of good judgment on someone's part. Had he "embraced" the Anthonys, this board would have erupted with cries of protest that RC was "just like Casey" or "just like Cindy." The whole question of why he didn't want them involved in the search for Haleigh tells us nothing about Ron and a whole lot about the Anthonys.

I am respectfully going to disagree because in a years time Ron has had no intrest in a search for Haleigh he has continuously tried to foil their efforts of getting to the truth about what happened. He only brings attention back to Haleigh when he is in trouble or it can benefit him in some way.

I don't disagree with anything you said after the first sentence, and more. He's in jail as a result of his own choices; he's ruined his life, made his son's life exponentially more difficult, and because he was living with Misty, he put his kids at risk, with terrible results for Haleigh. I agree.

However, none of us know why he turned down the Anthonys. It might not have even been his idea, for all we know. But my point is that the Anthonys are toxic, and not wanting to have them front and center, sucking all the air out of the search for Haleigh and tainting legitimate search efforts with their craziness and denial, is a sign of good judgment on someone's part. Had he "embraced" the Anthonys, this board would have erupted with cries of protest that RC was "just like Casey" or "just like Cindy." The whole question of why he didn't want them involved in the search for Haleigh tells us nothing about Ron and a whole lot about the Anthonys.
BBM
The bolded statements are spot on. Turning away the A's was a smart PR move, and I doubt that Ron was involved in the decision, nor do I think he cared one way or the other. This highlight of the story is remarkable only in pointing out the incredibly self-serving tactics employed by the Anthonys to further their own interests.

I am respectfully going to disagree because in a years time Ron has had no intrest in a search for Haleigh he has continuously tried to foil their efforts of getting to the truth about what happened. He only brings attention back to Haleigh when he is in trouble or it can benefit him in some way.

In some instances I've heard it said..One talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk..IMHO. Ron C has never even talked the talk...JMO

IMHO..
And so is Ron C, his mother/family TOXIC..Whether he or whoever chose to embrace the Anthonys or not I still view Ron C as being alot like Casey, and his mother as being perhaps even more calculating and diabolical than Cindy could ever hope to be..And what has led me to this thinking is their mistruths and their actions....But thats just my opinion..JMO

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I don't know RC or his mother personally, and I see no signs that is anything like Casey Anthony, who is accused of murdering her daughter in a most terrible and premeditated fashion. She also spent the following 30 days partying, as if in celebration of getting rid of the child. She lied about where she worked, what she did with her time, and nearly everything else in her life, including the whereabouts of her child. The murder of that child and her lying cover-up was not only calculated to free her from parental responsibility and allow her to evade legal consequences, it is fairly clear that she either had no concern for her parents' feelings or actively wanted them to suffer. The parents have acted out against anyone and everyone through this whole situation.

Now, how is RC like that? I can, barely, imagine a scenario in which Haleigh was accidentally killed and RC or Misty covered it up. I can imagine a scenario in which RC might marry Misty to prevent her from testifying against him regarding drugs or to square up the situation of living with an underage female. Clearly, he is a drug abuser and small-potatoes dealer in painkillers, etc., for which he is in jail. But there hasn't been one minute, shown to the public, where I thought he or his mother were celebrating the death of Haleigh. He had a job and custody of his son. He is a petty criminal, to be sure, with a history of small potatoes stuff behind him, but even petty criminals can love their children. RC is no angel, but I just don't see the comparison to Casey Anthony--who was, after all, the only suspect in her daughter's disappearance from the get-go.

I thought the order she mentions things is interesting.

The interviewer asks her what she's been told about where the police stands, and she first says, "My son has been cleared", and then goes on to talk about the police looking at Misty's account. "Ron didn't do it" is her priority, and looking at who lied in order to find Haleigh or get justice for her comes second place, is an afterthought. I may be reading too much into this but I would think that finding out that the last person to see her lied would be the main focus, not the ruling out of persons who weren't there and it seems slightly Cindyish to me. She appears to have somewhat prioritized Casey didn't do it too.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I don't know RC or his mother personally, and I see no signs that is anything like Casey Anthony, who is accused of murdering her daughter in a most terrible and premeditated fashion. She also spent the following 30 days partying, as if in celebration of getting rid of the child. She lied about where she worked, what she did with her time, and nearly everything else in her life, including the whereabouts of her child. The murder of that child and her lying cover-up was not only calculated to free her from parental responsibility and allow her to evade legal consequences, it is fairly clear that she either had no concern for her parents' feelings or actively wanted them to suffer. The parents have acted out against anyone and everyone through this whole situation.

Now, how is RC like that? I can, barely, imagine a scenario in which Haleigh was accidentally killed and RC or Misty covered it up. I can imagine a scenario in which RC might marry Misty to prevent her from testifying against him regarding drugs or to square up the situation of living with an underage female. Clearly, he is a drug abuser and small-potatoes dealer in painkillers, etc., for which he is in jail. But there hasn't been one minute, shown to the public, where I thought he or his mother were celebrating the death of Haleigh. He had a job and custody of his son. He is a petty criminal, to be sure, with a history of small potatoes stuff behind him, but even petty criminals can love their children. RC is no angel, but I just don't see the comparison to Casey Anthony--who was, after all, the only suspect in her daughter's disappearance from the get-go.

I have NEVER EVER once thought he or his mother were celebrating the death of Haleigh and seriously doubt anyone else thinks that either.... However I do feel, think and believe both he and his mother have disgraced Haleigh's memory in order to cover up the truth...
And IMHO, just like Casey Anthony and her mother, Ron C and his mother have attempted to shift blame, misdirect, garner sympathy and mislead this investigation..
IMHO they may have attempted to distance themselves physically from the Anthonys but their diabolical tactics have proven they are very much like the Anthonys...JMO

I have NEVER EVER once thought he or his mother were celebrating the death of Haleigh and seriously doubt anyone else thinks that either.... However I do feel, think and believe both he and his mother have disgraced Haleigh's memory in order to cover up the truth...
And IMHO, just like Casey Anthony and her mother, Ron C and his mother have attempted to shift blame, misdirect, garner sympathy and mislead this investigation..
IMHO they may have attempted to distance themselves physically from the Anthonys but their diabolical tactics have proven they are very much like the Anthonys...JMO

My point was that if we equate RC to Casey Anthony, then we must believe that he killed her, in premeditation, and then went on to essentially celebrate his freedom. We are in agreement that RC and his mother were not celebrating Haleigh's death. If we compare TN to the Anthony parents, we must believe (1) that she has absolute knowledge that her son KILLED his daughter by his own hand; (2) then she has gone either into massive denial (really believing her child is innocent) or a feigned position of denial (out of "love" or family loyalty); (3) that she is as out-of-control and abrasive as the Anthony parents appear to be. I am pretty sure that (1) and (3) don't apply. If RC knows more than he is saying, I'm pretty sure that he is lying to his mother. Her demeanor on TV does not in any way recall Cindy Anthony. What might apply is (2), in which she is either in denial about her son or faking denial. There are lots of signs of that with the drug use and the marriage to Misty (e.g., the comments about Misty being a good "mother" to the kids, etc.).

I object to the easy comparisons with the Anthony case because they cloud the real issues. Whoever was involved in Haleigh's disappearance, her whole situation was uniquely her own. She wasn't Caylee Anthony; she was Haleigh Cummings, with two specific parents, a brother and step-siblings, grandparents and so on. Making comparisons to the Anthonys just takes us away from the specifics of THIS case, THIS child, THESE parents and other adults. Caylee's disappearance wasn't a mystery; even her mother smelled decomposition in Casey's car trunk. While many people have favorite suspects, we still don't know who took Haleigh out of that trailer, or off that property, how she was moved, and where she went. We aren't going to figure that out by making comparisons to the Anthonys. When we find out the truth of what happened to Haleigh, then we will know exactly what kind of monster she was dealing with. But it won't be a version of Casey Anthony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES
Back