Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly Josh Duckett and his girlfriend and another couple went to New York to be on some shows when Trenton disappeared. They had a great time and the show paid for everything. I don't recall anyone saying anything about that and it is basically the same thing.

(your post respectfully snipped)
Actually alot of people threw a fit over it. Especially when Josh's GF at the time posted pics and comments on her Myspace about the trip as if it was all fun times. She got slammed royally about that.

Misty's behavior during that interview is exactly the behavior they were looking for, looking to get out of her. If someone trully loves the child that is missing they would have stayed in there and stuck it out. Misty behaves guilty, she's hiding something. She couldn't handle being accused harshly (interrogation tactics) and she walked out. LE is handling this case very carefully, we still don't know who passed polygraphs or not.
IMO i believe Ron passed his polygraph, i don't believe Misty did, she's had 3 polygraphs already.
When Misty is answering questions, she refers to her passing the polygraphs to back up her answers. That's odd behavior. It's almost as she says it to reassure. I was home, i passed the polygraph, etc.
It's not a normal response for someone to keep using that they passed a polygraph while answering questions.
It's as if just their own answer isn't good enough, so she has to include she passed the polygraph as well.
Meanwhile polygraphs aren't 100% foolproof and sociopaths can beat them. We also were never told by LE who has passed or not.

So, she knew enough to walk out, why not ask for a lawyer then? Surely she knows it is her right to have one. Dangerous, that, I think everyone involved in the case should consult with lawyers.

:(
Her behavior could be construed as acting guilty. The problem is that we don't know what else she may have told LE and that LE told her not to repeat. This would lead to her considering her comments before she says them and being unable to explain some of her previous comments. For example, what if she told LE that cabinet doors were open when she entered the kitchen & saw the door open. Or certain things were moved out of place. It's obvious that this LE doesn't want to be like the CA LE; They want to keep things on the qt. But this could cause MC to say evasive types of things and RC to keep repeating his mantras...Pls return my baby, Haleigh, I love you, we will find you, etc. So hard for us because there is so much room for speculation & this is why so many rumors are flying about and getting mixed up with fact.

In the video of the Today Show, the reporter said that LE has said that there are inconsistancies in Misty's stories.
I would take that to mean Misty is telling LE the same inconsistant stories and that LE is suspicious of.

"Police are more concerned about what they call inconsistancies in Misty's stories ("specifically regarding the critical time of the night of the morning that Haleigh went missing")
Go to 2:13 minutes into the video it states that. Shows an LE officers stated what i put in the ("...") things

Misty's being inconsistant to LE, not due to LE telling her not to repeat things.

Has RC friend the pastor and the funeral directer been checked out?
Some pastors have a past and then find religion...........
I know someone that was a bad guy, got religion and got his pastor
license on line and heads a church now...........
In a nearby town here years ago, a pastor beat his wife near death........
IMO

Wierd that they were married in Welaka
Shell Harbor resort is there; plenty of room to hide Haliegh

It was no political decision that the church made, they made the only conscienable decision--and I would have questioned any clergy who would have decided otherwise or would perform a marriage of these two under these circumstances!

I know that in the middle of my grief, I built a 20x16 raised garden including garden wall, dug out the ground and laid a 16x30 patio, moving by myself more than 18,000 lbs of dirt gravel sand and stone to accomplish it. Grief just hits us differently, I guess.

I don't know your circumstances :hug: I could be wrong, but will go out on a limb debs that at the time there wasn't an endangered child who had just gone missing only four weeks prior who had at that time yet to be found...? :confused: I think for some it seems not just poor timing but not a judicious use of any resurces--including not only time (of the essence when any child disappears!) but energy etc which could be better spent right now looking for Haleigh. On the one hand dad by his words appears very offended that anybody else could focus on "anything but his daughter" at this time, yet at the same time by his actions is constantly drawing attention to his personal life. JMO :waitasec:

Yep, unless you are arrested, mirandized and charged you are free to go. Remember in the "other" case - in all the interviews LE states on the record that whoever is being questioned is doing so voluntarily and is free to leave.

I think poor Ron is in love with Misty, so he can't see past parts of her. Normally someone would question the inconsistancies in her stories, he seems to just accept them. If he is in love with her trully, that would explain that.
In the video it was said that LE is satisfied that Ron does not know what happened. I agree with that at this point.
Misty ran out of interrogation since she said the investigator was a "new guy that was new to the case" (possibly FBI profiler?) and he was being "very rude" to her.
Yelling and accusing Misty of lying. This sounds to me like a profiling tactic and obviously Misty wasn't used to that kind of interrogation. It also speaks volumes about Misty to run out of that since she couldn't handle it.
For Misty to actually run out of there is very telling. It's a defensive move on her own part. Sometimes when suspects are accused like Misty described the "new guy" accused her, yelling; the one being suspected or questioned will get extremely angry themselves, yell back.

Yes, in other words it sounds to me too that when LE continued pressing her that because she could no longer satisfy or appease LE re her inconsistencies, under the guise of accusations of their "rudeness," she found an excuse to stonewall and become uncooperative. JMO

:parrot:

Well that certainly makes you think doesn't it?!?!?!?

They both sound like broken records...I was home, I passed the polygraph...I don't know, I was at work...I passed the polygraph....I was at work...I passed the polygraph...I was at work!!! :confused: Who cares that you think you passed, only hearing this from your side not the side that matters...LE...we know you were at work...but dang, can't you say anything else!

I've been trying to figure out the "at work", "support my family" mantra. Maybe most of his friends do not work and do not support their families ? Maybe his father didn't ? Not clear to me why he keeps stressing that. :confused:

Your theory is intriguing.

:waitasec: that name "JM" came up at the Presser the other day. He is a LEO...not sure what dept he is in for sure. He was standing in the back row at the Presser near RC's.

Editing my post as I was wrong. JM is with local LE. But he's been around since the first day. So I'm not sure why Misty is considering him "new". New to questioning her maybe?

Because ONE is missing? Either with her 'body' ... or with her alive?

So she needs to 'account' for it?

This would be my guess about the blanket. In many murder cases there is often missing bedding. The reason is to either wrap a body up in it, or get rid of evidence on it.

In the video, Misty states she got up to go to the bathroom; there's a bathroom in the master bedroom, why not use that one?
Then she says she saw the kitchen light on and back door open since she walked into the kitchen, then she went back to the bedroom to get her cell phone to call Ron.
After going back to get the cell phone, that was the point she noticed Haleigh missing. So was Misty going to call Ron originally just to tell him that the kitchen light was on and the back door open? According to Misty's timeline on the Today Show, thats what she is implying.

Police are calling Misty the key to this case.
2:37 into the video, LE is satisfied that Ronald doesn't know what happened to his little girl.

IMO, I don't think Ron is involved, it's Misty LE is focused on and has been since the beginning. We've seen Misty's family throw out her cousin and other things to divert attention from Misty.

The whole wedding is fishy. Ron's mother said he never had the time and worked a lot. Well, if people were truly in love, they'd find the time.
Misty's folks say they wanted her to wait until she was 18. What's the difference if she's living with him at age 17 anyway?

Both those excuses seem a crock.

I wonder if the marriage was some kind of ploy so that Misty will spill beans to Ron, without having to worry about testifying against each other etc..

So, she knew enough to walk out, why not ask for a lawyer then? Surely she knows it is her right to have one. Dangerous, that, I think everyone involved in the case should consult with lawyers.

Maybe in Misty's mind, asking for a lawyer would further imply her guilt. That's why she's not lawyered up yet. The more Misty talks, the more she hangs herself. Now they put heat on her and she can't handle it. It's all tactics and LE and Ron are doing a good job.

I've been trying to figure out the "at work", "support my family" mantra. Maybe most of his friends do not work and do not support their families ? Maybe his father didn't ? Not clear to me why he keeps stressing that. :confused:

Your theory is intriguing.

Interesting thought, Shaymus, especially since it was the first think Ron said to the dispatcher--even before he mentioned that Haleigh was missing.

Speaking of observations....Did anyone else notice that Misty was wearing a "Haleigh t-shirt", but Ron wasn't? If this is your opportunity to get attention back on finding your child, and to gain national exposure of her picture. Don't you think you'd wear one? At all times?

I just found it odd.

Well it can be looked at either way. The outcome of these cases where a child isn't abducted by family (say thats the case, or Misty did something) are never good.
Misty could have purposely worn that shirt to look innocent or to help take suspicion off her.
Given comments by LE, imo i don't think they look at Ron as a POI or knowing what happened, they said so themselves. It's Misty they've remained focused on.
Ron is going through a lot. I'm sure LE has told him about the outcome of these cases.
It's a waiting game at this point for Misty to spill the beans about what happened that night.

I

I don't know the circumstances :hug: I could be wrong, but will go out on a limb debs that at the time there wasn't an endangered child who had just gone missing only four weeks prior who had at that time yet to be found...? :confused: I think for some it seems not just poor timing but not a judicious use of resurces--including time (which is of the essence when any child disappears!) and energy which could be better spent right now focused on looking for Haleigh. On the one hand dad by his words appears very offended that anybody else could focus on "anything but his daughter" at this time, yet at the same time by his actions is constantly drawing attention to his personal life. JMO :waitasec: :parrot:

Nope, no missing child. Five months prior to my beginning a full reconstruct of the backyard, my husband died after a short but very ugly bout with cancer. Me and Princess PeePee spent a lot of time in the dirt working through it all. It is a coincidence that it was, in fact, what Ron (my husband) wanted to do but could never find the time to do it. I not only had the time, I had the need to fulfill one of those things that in his life he hated so much about himself--that he couldn't take the time to do it. It remains, 4 years later, a place we go to in order to enjoy the gifts he did give to us in his life.

Nope, no missing child. Five months prior to my beginning a full reconstruct of the backyard, my husband died after a short but very ugly bout with cancer. Me and Princess PeePee spent a lot of time in the dirt working through it all. It is a coincidence that it was, in fact, what Ron (my husband) wanted to do but could never find the time to do it. I not only had the time, I had the need to fulfill one of those things that in his life he hated so much about himself--that he couldn't take the time to do it. It remains, 4 years later, a place we go to in order to enjoy the gifts he did give to us in his life.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope the garden brings you lots of peace. Take care. :blowkiss:

Vieira asked Ron Cummings why he would get married now, with so much attention on the couple and the missing girl.
“I think that my little girl would have wanted it,” he said before repeating his belief that his wedding shouldn’t be a story.

So much about Haleigh is in the past tense with both
Ronald and Misty.

I'm so glad you posted this, kamky. I've been looking for a jumping-off point...

Everybody in town tried to discourage them from getting married: the church, the pastor, LE, even the funeral home director.

So WHY did TN endorse and encourage this marriage so much? That is really bugging me. The proposal happened during TN's birthday dinner, btw.

Agree, and TN's statement about Haleigh wanting Misty to be her mommy, makes me ill. That is so disrespectful to Crystal. I don't care if Ron's entire family hates her, she is still those kids' mother and she always will be, nothing can change that, not even this hurried-up wedding. This statement by Misty was bad enough, but by his own mother? Makes my respect for her go way down, several notches.
It does not matter to me what their reasons for getting married were... just the fact that they chose to do it now raises eyebrows. All the excuses for not doing it before are just that... excuses. No time, he was busy working? BS. They had been planning it a long time? BS. They only met a few months ago. It's what Haleigh always wanted? Maybe so, but I seriously doubt she wanted to replace her real mother with a teenager. But then, 5 yr. olds are not really aware of the meaning of the word "marriage."
I did not get to see the Today show, but from reading everyone's responses about it, not sorry I missed it.

Yeah - I'm starting to go that path myself and I didn't want to. TN is more likeable and she doesn't carry a hammer, unless it's concealed.

---
Teresa Neves handles herself differently. She is not abrasive and loud as Cindy Anthony. Teresa does not offer information and just answers what she is asked. She takes the time to think about what she is going to say. Cindy was abrasive and never waited to be asked but had her say regardless and many times put her foot into her mouth. Teresa is more sly. I can picture her telling Ron not to speak that she will handle any interviews and she most probably gave him responses to make, ie., I don't know, I was at work or Please find Haleigh.......

These two grandmothers have a common bond: protect, protect, protect, whatever it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor