Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be my guess about the blanket. In many murder cases there is often missing bedding. The reason is to either wrap a body up in it, or get rid of evidence on it.

I so hope that's not the case here, but I do think the blanket is the key to it all.

Still haven't figured out why it was laid out on the ramp "for the tracking dogs".

Sorry, OT, I know

I think folks missed my sarcasm about grief hitting us differently. While yes it does, in my poor attempt to make an inappropriate comparison, I really meant to convey that getting married in the midst of what can only be described as a hellish situation, not knowing where your child is, knowing that any number of horrible things could be happening to your child, is BIZARRE behavior. It is psychologically bizarre, not fitting into any sort of grief process at all. Denial? I don't think so. Their excuse of "Haleigh wanted it" sounds like what I attempted to state about my situation. I knew my husband was dead and I knew life had to go on. I knew I wasn't done with the last life yet and so did the one thing we always wanted to do.
How about Anger: "Its nobody's business what I do in my personal life" Ron's anger is sure there, but it is not anger about what happened to his daughter. It is anger that people would dare question his judgement.
Bargaining: Ron said "I would give my life to have my child's life back." He's bargaining for something gone!
Depression: Hard to tell with either of them at this point, though Misty's euphoria about landing her man seems to suggest that she's willing to forgo this step in the grief process.
Acceptance: All of the past tense language usage. TN's statement that "well, there was never any time to do it when her daddy was working, so now while she's gone they're going to." I think of all the statements made, this one shocks me the most (even if I paraphrased it). She fully accepts that Haleigh's disappearance has opened this door of opportunity for Ron and Misty to slip through to wedded bliss.

Grief and marriage are a strange mix, and in this case, are worse than oil and water.

:clap:
Well said debs, and here I was trying to wax diplomatic and not be insensitive (wasn't gonna be quite so blunt lol) but I appreciate your more straightforward style :blowkiss: Or, as Solomon so eloquently puts it...
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up... a time to heal, a time to break down... A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance... A time to embrace, and a time to refrain; A time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love... "
:rose:

:parrot:

I agree. When my Mom passed, I did some weird things...kept entirely too busy (where I would drop from exhaustion at night), bought a car that I couldn't afford (gave it back the next day), etc...

I truly don't think marriage would have been on that list though.

And you knew she had passed :hug: ie were not left to wonder how she might be suffering, much less a child, much less at the hands of some psycho or possible SO, much less when you knew every moment of every waking day and night might be that child's last breath... I am sorry if it sounds insensitive I just can not imagine being able to even sleep let alone go thru w a wedding or any other plans for the future, until my child was found time would STOP. And I can't imagine thinking of, or undertaking anything else. How do we go from staying in Satsuma until her safe return, to jetting out of the state to NYC, what did I miss? Yes that's perfectly natural to keep busy when one knows what happened--and no effort on one's part could change that nor could any efforts recover or bring a loved one back. JMO
:confused:

I like Ron's mother - TN. A lot, but I certainly
do not have my head in the sand -- she is his mother.
She will protect him to the wire if needed. I don't understand
those who think she wouldn't. Or think she is any different
than Cindy Anthony in that respect. I mean! Seriously!:rolleyes:

And you knew she had passed :hug: ie were not left to wonder how she might be suffering, much less a child, much less at the hands of some psycho or possible SO, much less when you knew every moment of every waking day and night might be that child's last breath... I am sorry if it sounds insensitive I just can not imagine being able to even sleep let alone go thru w a wedding or any other plans for the future, until my child was found--time would STOP. And I can't imagine thinking of, or undertaking anything else. How do we go from staying in Satsuma until her safe return, to jetting out of the state to NYC, what did I miss? Yes it's perfectly natural to keep busy when one knows what happened--and no effort on our part could change that nor could any efforts recover or bring a loved one back. JMO
:confused:

That is exactly what it's like, KiKi and you're right. How do we go from "I'm staying right here until she comes back" to taking a weekend away in NYC???

In reference to grief... I didn't see one tear shed this morning for Haleigh.

Something isn't right about this, at all. Maybe with a lull in the investigation, Ron suspects that his relationship with Misty is about to land him in hot water due to the age difference. Marry her with her parents written consent and LE is at an impasse to put him in prison for having a relationship with her? (please don't let it be that she is pregnant... with all of the drug rumors, the last thing we need is a baby brought into this mess... it is bad enough already.

The whole "we did it because Haleigh wanted it" doesn't wash. Seriously, if Haleigh wanted them to marry, in her 5 yr old mind she would probably be pretty mad to have been left out. Seriously... if my child wanted me and my bf to marry and she went missing: I wouldn't be able to do it until I knew she was safe and sound with us! (Of course if he was the last to see her and his story kept changing: now way, now how would I marry him... I'd become a thorn in his side until my child was home... I would view him as my enemy, not my friend. Loyalty to my child comes first.)

Lawyering up does not equal guilt. When my husband was murdered, LE tried those same strong-armed tactics on me. Because we were separated at the time, I seemed a logical choice as the shooter. It was determined that putting the pressure on me was an easy way to get a confession. Didn't work with me because I wasn't guilty. I don't think it's going to work with Misty for the same reason.

From my prospective, asking for an attorney would be the smartest thing she could do right now.
And MY LE contact says that sometimes when there is just NOTHING else to go on, the best person to pressure, even if you know they didn't have anything to do with the actual crime, is the last person to have seen the victim = Misty. I think they know she didn't do anything to Haleigh, but are simply out of leads and are hoping that by pressuring her some, it will jog something in her subconscious that perhaps hasn't come to the surface yet. MOO along with my :twocents:

If she is not under arrest, and is being questioned voluntarily she can't "ask" for an attorney. She can pay for one herself and the voluntary questioning will cease to exist. She could make an appeal in the press to find a volunteer lawyer. Or just like she walked out on questioning she could refuse to be questioned unless or until they arrested her. There is no publicly provided attorney at this stage of the game.

I do worry that LE has spent so much time questioning her, as a minor with no parent or legal advice. If she is guilty that could prove to be a problem if they need her statements

I would also be very interested to see how the questions asked at each polygraph varied and morphed as they gained new information or heard more inconsistencies. I really didn't want to think she maliciously had anything to do with this and wanted to believe she was just lying about being out of the house or a drug user, but this has gone on too long for the truth not to come out. At some point you just lay your cards on the table and say this is what really happened in hopes of finding H.

Not to mention that it's fairly stupid of adults to make this sort of life changing commitment based on what a small girl says. A girl who probably doesn't understand the serious side of being married and thinks of weddings in terms of getting to dress up pretty as a flowergirl. And a girl who, sadly, might not even be alive to benefit from getting her wish.

Something isn't right about this, at all. Maybe with a lull in the investigation, Ron suspects that his relationship with Misty is about to land him in hot water due to the age difference. Marry her with her parents written consent and LE is at an impasse to put him in prison for having a relationship with her? (please don't let it be that she is pregnant... with all of the drug rumors, the last thing we need is a baby brought into this mess... it is bad enough already.

The whole "we did it because Haleigh wanted it" doesn't wash. Seriously, if Haleigh wanted them to marry, in her 5 yr old mind she would probably be pretty mad to have been left out. Seriously... if my child wanted me and my bf to marry and she went missing: I wouldn't be able to do it until I knew she was safe and sound with us! (Of course if he was the last to see her and his story kept changing: now way, now how would I marry him... I'd become a thorn in his side until my child was home... I would view him as my enemy, not my friend. Loyalty to my child comes first.)

Agreed, I am reminded of so many missing children cases that end in divorce as it seems to be a natural reaction to blame the other parent. Cases like John Walsh's son Adam and Dannielle Van Dam in California to name a few. This reaction to marry Misty, at this point, is just so odd to me.

The only way I can frame it that makes any sense is they are heading down the "the police are going to pin this on me so they don't look bad path" and believe that being married will prevent them from having to testify against one another. Of course that is not accurate, but we have heard several talking heads claim it to be true so I am somewhat doubting either of them are very current on the state statutes.

Of course Ron's body language and the odd behavior of Misty's mother (joy about a marriage she has protested) can lead me down the Misty is pregnant road. Not to mention the speed and urgency with which this came down. If these two really planned to get married for months and couldn't because mom wouldn't sign the papers I would think Misty would identify herself as his fiance. This seems totally out of the blue to me.

I know, I can't stop thinking that she would have made a beautiful flower girl when and if she came back. If I was in Ron or Misty's position (and I didn't have anything to do with her disappearance), I would have definitely waited until I knew EXACTLY where my child was so she could be a part of what is supposed to be one of the most wonderful days in my life.

I feel now, that Ron and Misty weren't even thinking of beautiful little Haleigh and only of themselves. I don't know what they were thinking, I just keep thinking how cruel this was for them to go and get married without including her.

For what it is worth, spouses can testify against each other. It is not prohibited. There is a spousal privilege which mean that they can not be COMPELLED to testify against the other, but the spouses can waive that privilege.

For what it is worth, spouses can testify against each other. It is not prohibited. There is a spousal privilege which mean that they can not be COMPELLED to testify against the other, but the spouses can waive that privilege.

They can be compelled. Florida spousal privilege does not apply to events that occured prior to the marriage, and does not apply if the victim of the crime is the child of either spouse.

I may have missed it, but is there anyone that has a link to the interview on TODAY?? I wasn't able to see it.

I can see CS having somebody take Haleigh from the house as the non-custodial parent, but why would RC/MC want this unless it would be for the national spotlight ~ like staging an abduction? :waitasec: MOO

M-o-n-e-y! I think we will be seeing a lot more of these mysterious disappearrances (copy cats) in the future.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor