Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JM is, from what I understand, is the lead detective on the case.

They asked her why her story had changed and all she could come up with was "(long pause) I dont know"

That was the longest most uncomfortable pause I have ever experienced. I heard Ron mutter something but couldn't understand it. Although, I guess it might be best to just honestly say "I don't know" rather than ramble on like I sometimes do.

I think he would do better to do interviews on his own or with someone who is a little more verbal, though. And what is the deal with the blanket? Misty always seems to bring that up. Why is it so important?

Finally, they kept announcing the upcoming interview with Ron "and his teenaged bride." That was pure media sensationalism.

I am full of opinions this morning!

Ten reasons to get married (or not):

Because they have gotten bad press:
Croslin's mother, Lisa Croslin, said, "They've been trying to get me to do this for five months now. And I told them you need to wait until you're 18. But now that everything's been going on and people have been trashing them, I'm going to let them do it. I know they love her...Haleigh, and they love each other."

Because the bride needs to prove she loves the children:
Misty twisted the photo of Haleigh which hung around her neck and told reporters, "Everybody will know I love Haleigh and Ronald and Junior, and we'll be a family."

Because a five year old girl has talked about it "always" or, at least mentioned it a few times during the last couple of months they've known each other:
"This is what Haleigh wanted. She has always talked about it, and even if she's not with us, she is still with us," Croslin said.

Because the five year old would want them to tie the knot:
Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, took pictures on the evening of the marriage proposal. She said the couple plans to tie the knot because it's what Haleigh would want.
"He feels like he's fulfilling a wish for Haleigh," Neves said.

Because the wedding is for a girl who can't be there: "It is about Haleigh. It is for Haleigh. We'd love for Haleigh to be there. If they were able to find Haleigh in five minutes, we have a little flower girl dress for her," said Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves.

Because they want a 17-year-old to replace the children's existing Mommy: Her grandmother, Teresa Neves said, "This wedding is for Haleigh. When she comes home, Misty will be Mommy. That's what she wanted when she was here, and when she comes home, that's what she'll have."

Because now they finally have some time off from work: We want Haleigh to have everything that ever wanted. And there were things that we couldn't do, when she was here. Wedding was not something we could do, because daddy always had to go to work and there just was not enough time for all that. Now that we have this little bit of time while we're waiting on Haleigh, we're going to do what Haleigh wants so when she comes home, everything's the way she wants it. (This one from Teresa Neves whom I expected better of.)

Because a couple who have been together for what, four or five months, have planned it forever and are ready:
"They have been planning this forever. They just decided they were ready," said Croslin's sister, Lindsey Croslin.

Because they need something to cheer up after Haleigh's been gone for weeks and Ronald has been given bad press (this one's from Annette Sykes):
Cause it's time for something happy to happen. After weeks and weeks and weeks of Haleigh being gone, plus all of the trashing that Ronald took, erm, it's just time for something good, that's all, you know, just time for something good to happen"

Because they love one another (Ok, this one's good. Great that GGma Sykes came up with it at last.) "They got married cause they love one another. "

I feel that the relatives' spin about the wedding means that they know in their heart of hearts that the timing looks bad and it needs to be rationalized and explained away. Why then do it at all? Why don't they seek counseling to guide them?

The quotes are from the articles or the videos on the sites:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18915320/detail.html#-
http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/Ronald-and-Misty-Marry/l58BKNsBNUKMyeHQp1nYHw.cspx
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...133610&catid=3
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&provider=rss
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3

Great post!!

BTW, the quote I read from GGma Sykes was "They got married cause they are happy and love one another. " I thought it was weird to say they are "happy". Who.The.Hell. would be happy while their child is missing?

I'm not watching...but am I to understand that now HER blanket was inside and not in the van, and she washed it too?

I'm not watching...but am I to understand that now HER blanket was inside and not in the van, and she washed it too?
well, kinda, maybe, - its all muddy waters. MC did say that she washed "my" blanket - but then corrected herself, yet again, to just say "blankets".

So, I guess only God knows that real story of these blankets.

I noticed that RC wore his "sunglasses" for the wedding..
so weird!

I just went to the Eyes for Lies blog and that person is going to study this interview over the weekend and post their thoughts. I've read all the other stuff on that blog before and IMO, they are pretty accurate.

Interesting....where is this blog? I haven't heard of it. Would love to read it.

I saw the video at Today Show online. Wow! Okay so John Merchant is the lead det. He is the one I saw in the presser, having an exchange with RC. RC says JM, says Misty is not considered a suspect. imo- not yet........but running out on a LE interveiw because he got rough with her and she told JM, that she would only consider questioning from someone on his team......and not with new detective....So when the heat is on her.......she turns into......its all about me!! Like some other cases we know of.

This is farrrrrr from over.

I can't watch either but the more this goes on the more those blankets seem to be the key. Once they know what's been going on with the blankets they've cracked the case. It already seemed odd in the video interview of Misty, close to the beginning of the case, when she was asked what happened that night and she went on and on about blankets which seemed to have no bearing on the disappearance at all (I believe that's called extraneous information) but if the blanket wasn't in the van why did she say so? Or could it be that she just took "possession" of the blanket that used to hang as a curtain when she decided to wash it for her own use and is now referring to it as her blanket because that's what she used that night?

In Sparkling Cyanide by Christie this sort of thing led to the solution ;)

OK, first of all...I DO NOT believe that JM, the lead detective, said anything to Ron about Misty being a suspect or not. She is Ron's gf/fiance/wife so why would he share that kind of info with him?

It's on now, Misty in a wedding dress, smiling, laughing, Ron smiling, shoving cake in each other's faces and laughing. When they said their vows, they did not look at each other.

Funny, I didn't see him smile much at that wedding... and sunglasses? Come on now ... LOOK at your bride and into her eyes, and let her look into YOURS!

I am confused-on NG they indicated the wedding occurred in the church-the print media indicate that the church refused to marry them. Then the articles indicate that the two had notary republics present-is this a legal marriage????

Odd to me that Ronald wants us all to focus only on Haleigh and not worry about his personal life and him getting married. Funny we think the same thing, he needs to be focused on Haleigh and not worry about what we are saying and he should not be taking time to get married, he needs to be searching.

so, let me get this straight... LE is accusing Misty of lying about SOMETHING about Haleigh's disappearance, and Ron proposes and marries her anyway? Doesn't look good for Ron IMO, I'd think he'd be a little upset that she could be lying about what happened to his daughter and angry with Misty instead of giving her a ring and marrying her! nothing says complicity like a wedding ring!

OR, they had a script ... and she messed up.

I am confused-on NG they indicated the wedding occurred in the church-the print media indicate that the church refused to marry them. Then the articles indicate that the two had notary republics present-is this a legal marriage????

Yes, notaries can perform ceremonies in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member