Ronald proposes to Misty #2 UPDATE: Wedding planned for 03-12-09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am coming in late to this thread , so maybe this was already talked about.
Buy in this video http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3
TN said something along the lines of
They couldn't do this when Haleigh was home cause Daddy had to work.
OMG I almost threw up . Is this really how this family thinks?
:furious:
Ok I will shut up now.

you have to listen to the whole statement

so haleigh can have what she wants when she gets home
listen to the whole video ronald mom talks at the end of the video
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3

my opinion is wedding is wrong at this time

I agree. We have become a society that judges people for their way of living, their morals and their goals. Many people have different views and just because it doesn't seem right to us doesn't mean it's not what they want.

From what I have seen both of those children appear to healthy, happy and well adjusted. That speaks volumes to me. IMO

30 years ago I was 17 and married a man 23 years old. Not one person told me I was too young or that he was too old. I went on to college and graduated.

Yes to many people this is an inappropriate time for them to do this. I still think that Ron needed to do something at this time. If he feels that marrying Misty will help bring Haleigh home then so be it. God knows this man is suffering. Personally it's none of my business. I wish them the best.

Littleone48 love your post! I married a man 8 years my senior when I was just 17. Went on to have 3 lovely children, get my high school diploma and a college degree. I had the privilege of being a stay at home mom too. Here we are 27 years later and still married, happily!

While I agree it isn't the best time for them to proceed maybe, just maybe they do in fact love each other. Good grief all of these scenarios and rumors of him marrying her to keep her mouth shut? It is so ridiculous. Going on T.V. is not running out of town they are keeping Haleigh's face out there. He isn't thrusting his son's face into the television camera with freaking Geraldo, or running amok a smear campaign against Crystal in the media.

Like my uncle said, LE could be speaking to them about many other items of interest rather than just just POI's. It could be regarding interactions between he and Crystal and her family in the past etc. If LE was concerned about them going to N.Y. they would say so. LE could have also requested they not discuss certain things.

Crystal had/has more motive than anyone to have concocted a scheme to take this child from her home. And for all we know they were to take RJ too but failed. People seem to forget what goes along with her and her family and their significant criminal history. I find that disturbing and frightening as well.

I am coming in late to this thread , so maybe this was already talked about.
Buy in this video http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3
TN said something along the lines of
They couldn't do this when Haleigh was home cause Daddy had to work.
OMG I almost threw up . Is this really how this family thinks?
Ok I will shut up now.

I had to watch that video 2x because I couldn't believe:

1. The juxtaposition of the search for Haleigh and her father's wedding preparations - both occuring at the same time. (Do you think the media photog shot the pix of the wedding prep in front of the port-o-johns on purpose or by accident ?)

2. Her grandmother's statement. I've given TN a lot of leeway because she seemed to be the most reasonable of that bunch. But - there was never a moment in all the time leading up to Haleigh's disapprearance for her father to get married ? Never ? Not one time ? I wondered what the spin would be, but I could never have imagined it would be that lame.

I'm afraid that these actions indicate that Haleigh is gone; they know Haleigh is gone; and they are getting ready to defend someone for that disappearance. :furious: :furious: :furious: JMHO

Rumors are flying that first coast news reports they were wed in waleka today

I have read the rumors as well. I went to First Coast News and this is all that is said as of Updated: 3/12/2009 5:56:40 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- First Coast News has learned the father of Haleigh Cummings will marry his teen girlfriend and be in New York City Friday for a morning appearance as newlyweds on The Today Show on NBC. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3

The rumor I heard said that CBS 47 said on the live news that they got married in Welaka on private property. I went to the news site and there is nothing about them getting married yet.
CBS 47- http://www.cbs47.com/content/topsto...arriage-Postponed/qI5s7C_ZJU2s1zjxplaNig.cspx

Video Report about the search today. Did I hear right?:The search did not turn up anything. It is also said that Ron and Misty did tie the knot and reason being is because they had to do it before daddy had to go to work! http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3

I guarantee you this will backfire in a huge way. Their donations, volunteers, well-wishers will evaporate by this weekend. Why should anyway give them money and donate their precious time when the child's own parent doesn't even give a darn?! It doesn't seem that Ron has gone back to work since Haleigh went missing, so I'm not quite sure how he's been paying for all this. Oh, let me guess....donations that were meant for HALEIGH!

Just check out the postings on first coast news website. Those are locals and they are MAD. This whole thing makes me sick.:mad:
It reminds me of the Octo-mom situation: people don't want to give money when they aren't sure about how the recipients would "manage" it.

In my experience, you can be a guest on the Today Show without going to the NY studio if you tell them you can't travel that far. They just have you go to a studio nearer to you.

Any money that the trip would cost - be it to Ron or NBC - would be better donated to the search fund. IMO

I guarantee you this will backfire in a huge way. Their donations, volunteers, well-wishers will evaporate by this weekend. Why should anyway give them money and donate their precious time when the child's own parent doesn't even give a darn?! It doesn't seem that Ron has gone back to work since Haleigh went missing, so I'm not quite sure how he's been paying for all this. Oh, let me guess....donations that were meant for HALEIGH!

Just check out the postings on first coast news website. Those are locals and they are MAD. This whole thing makes me sick.:mad:

I agree with everything you have said, AuburnJenn!

Sorry to intrude here, but Law or Shaymus can you tell me where the Haleigh Parking Lot thread went? I left and it shows it's been moved, but where the heck is it? Also, did they get married?? Thanks much!

Regarding the anecdotes of successful marriages at Misty's age:

Even if all the variables were identical (ages, maturity, education, background, other family, time spent dating, the culture of the era), remember that anecdotes are not evidence.

People can also give anecdotes about things like driving at insane speeds, leaving doors unlocked, or letting 8 year-olds babysit overnight... and it all coming out fine.

That doesn't mean any of those things are safe or wise to give our blessings to.

Sorry to intrude here, but Law or Shaymus can you tell me where the Haleigh Parking Lot thread went? I left and it shows it's been moved, but where the heck is it? Also, did they get married?? Thanks much!

I think the thread was taken down for review.

I'm not sure if they got married. I've seen pix of the wedding prep with both the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom discussing the wedding and showing off the bouquet and a cake. It looked as if they may have been in a park. It was wooded and the pix were taken in front of port-o-johns. (Not kidding) You can see the pix in NancyDrew's post.

Hope this helps !!

I was wondering this also. But it did happen a few days ago also. I think forum leaders move it out of sight from us to clean things up and then back to the parking lot.

notaries to perform marriages. It's fairly unusual. I'm a notary where I live and am admitted to the bar automatically as an attorney but I can't perform any weddings.

I am a notary here in Louisiana and could perform marriages. But I choose not to...............

I think the thread was taken down for review.

I'm not sure if they got married. I've seen pix of the wedding prep with both the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom discussing the wedding and showing off the bouquet and a cake. It looked as if they may have been in a park. It was wooded and the pix were taken in front of port-o-johns. (Not kidding) You can see the pix in NancyDrew's post.

Hope this helps !!

:blowkiss: I will rush right over to Nancy's post!!

You have to be kidding - that is repulsive. Shame on the Today Show. How much $$ you wanna bet they ponied up to get them there? Sick, sick, sick. :furious:

Hey, it's a free honeymoon trip for the newlyweds. I'm sure they jumped on that invitation.
Lose your daughter, marry your teenage babysitter/girlfriend and get a free trip to the Big Apple. It's just another all American story.
jmo

Hey, it's a free honeymoon trip for the newlyweds. I'm sure they jumped on that invitation.
Lose your daughter, marry your teenage babysitter/girlfriend and get a free trip to the Big Apple. It's just another all American story.
jmo

Can we get a big AMEN to that!!!:bang:

I had to watch that video 2x because I couldn't believe:

1. The juxtaposition of the search for Haleigh and her father's wedding preparations - both occuring at the same time. (Do you think the media photog shot the pix of the wedding prep in front of the port-o-johns on purpose or by accident ?)

2. Her grandmother's statement. I've given TN a lot of leeway because she seemed to be the most reasonable of that bunch. But - there was never a moment in all the time leading up to Haleigh's disapprearance for her father to get married ? Never ? Not one time ? I wondered what the spin would be, but I could never have imagined it would be that lame.

I'm afraid that these actions indicate that Haleigh is gone; they know Haleigh is gone; and they are getting ready to defend someone for that disappearance. :furious: :furious: :furious: JMHO

TN seems to believe that we are all stupid. The reason that R and M are getting married is because that is what Haleigh wanted, that they would have been married before except that R had to go to work, that the engagement ring is a family heirloom. All spin and lies. I completely agree with your last sentence - they know that Haleigh is gone, she won't be coming back, and are now in strong defense mode, circling the wagons and getting all their ducks in a row.

jmo

:highfive: You took the words right out of my mouth.

TN seems to believe that we are all stupid. The reason that R and M are getting married is because that is what Haleigh wanted, that they would have been married before except that R had to go to work, that the engagement ring is a family heirloom. All spin and lies. I completely agree with your last sentence - they know that Haleigh is gone, she won't be coming back, and are now in strong defense mode, circling the wagons and getting all their ducks in a row.

Really Haleigh wanted that,
They have been together what 5 minutes and Haleigh 5 and JR 3 wanted them to get married?
I just can't see it.
I have a niece that was in the same situation ( Her Mom and Dad broke up)
and My sister started dating someone else and all she wanted was for her Mom and Dad to get back together not for her Mommy to marry the new guy she was dating.
To me they keep saying it because they want the public to be forgiving of the fact that Haleigh seems to be the furthest thing from there mind.
If in fact they did get married today how in the he double hockey sticks could they plan their wedding today when they were obviously doing a body recover search.( I know I seem uncaring but one month in they wouldn't find a living and breathing precious baby in the woods. :'( ), but that didn't seem to faze them .:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela