Ronald proposes to Misty #2 UPDATE: Wedding planned for 03-12-09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all very suspicious and I agree, how could RC feel like marrying someone he just 1 month ago blamed for letting his daughter get stolen.

Honestly I think most people no matter how much they loved someone, would have problems trusting or feeling the same about anyone again, even if it wasn't their fault and it was a random fluke, someone who was in charge of their kid when something happened.

I just wonder, and this is the last I am making on this topic, WHY and WHY NOW?

Thanks for the thanks Hermoine!

Hmmm... unless whoever Ron is indebted to is somehow associated with Misty's cousin (this 'JO'?) and whatever 'battle' is going on, this marriage is to demonstrate unity with Misty towards Ron and this 'situation'. A water is thicker than blood kind of thing.

I wish I could put my finger on why exactly I feel so strongly about this. The only way I can even begin to partially articulate this strong feeling is bits and pc's of street smart info an old roomie who dealt drugs and did some pretty crazy things in his younger days.

I read in one of the other threads that Ron's mother said he recently had a breakdown. Why is he getting married if he just had a breakdown?? You'd think that would be the last thing on his mind.

As for kids wanting their parent to marry..big deal. My 4 year old daughter asks me all the time if I'm going to get married to her Dad. Everything she knows about weddings is based on the Disney Princess movies she sees. I bet Haleigh was into them too...its hard to escape them if you have a daughter! My daughter is also fond of asking me if I'm going to marry a prince. I just think its cute, but she doesn't know what getting married really means.

I think their timing of their engagement and wedding is horribly off. It almost reeks of "end game strategy". Why not wait until either Haleigh is found or her remains are found? Most people don't rush to go on with their lives while their 5 year old daughter's whereabouts or fate is unknown.
It's almost as if the couple is rushing to get things done that they know they won't be able to if something happens to them. They are acting as if they're running out of time.
Which makes us wonder, how are they running out of time? Are they afraid of being locked up for a long time? Do they know who took Haleigh and are planning their own war or revenge?
It's definitely questionable...

I wonder if it has anything to do with Crystal obtaining an attorney and possibly going back to court to obtain full custody? Maybe Ron & Misty think they can convince the court that since "they are a legally married family unit" they would provide a home that is in "the best interests of the children"? I'm not saying that the courts side with "married" vs. "single" parents but when you are scared you don't want to take that chance... especially if one child is already missing, your live-in girlfriend was the last one to see her and she also happens to be a minor...

My son's father used to bully me by threatening to take away our son because he didn't want to pay child support (and that he'd win because he and his wife were married). I am far from stupid and knew in my head that he'd never win (most importantly because he is an alcoholic but his family lies for him). It was enough to scare the daylights out of my heart that he just might... I'd lose my mind if I lost my son... and he knew that.

Of course... being suspicious... maybe Misty wanted to get married (because isn't this what every little girl wants - Misty, not Haleigh). Perhaps she is holding back information regarding Ron so he is making her happy in order to keep her quiet?

I read in one of the other threads that Ron's mother said he recently had a breakdown. Why is he getting married if he just had a breakdown?? You'd think that would be the last thing on his mind.

As for kids wanting their parent to marry..big deal. My 4 year old daughter asks me all the time if I'm going to get married to her Dad. Everything she knows about weddings is based on the Disney Princess movies she sees. I bet Haleigh was into them too...its hard to escape them if you have a daughter! My daughter is also fond of asking me if I'm going to marry a prince. I just think its cute, but she doesn't know what getting married really means.

My bold - I agree, just wanted to add:
And if Haleigh heard about a 'wedding', she probably imagines herself as a flower girl or something IN the wedding and would probably definitely want to be IN the wedding - given the choice. JMO. :)

I think their timing of their engagement and wedding is horribly off. It almost reeks of "end game strategy". Why not wait until either Haleigh is found or her remains are found? Most people don't rush to go on with their lives while their 5 year old daughter's whereabouts or fate is unknown.
It's almost as if the couple is rushing to get things done that they know they won't be able to if something happens to them. They are acting as if they're running out of time.
Which makes us wonder, how are they running out of time? Are they afraid of being locked up for a long time? Do they know who took Haleigh and are planning their own war or revenge?
It's definitely questionable...

Hey meow, I couldn't decide if you might have wanted an answer to all those questions or if perhaps they were hypothetical. I am not an expert by any means and I do not have the foggiest idea why Ronald and Misty chose to announce an engagement, however, I have been doing a lot of thinking. See, I think everyone handles things differently, goes through emotions differently, heals differently, for instance, I can't see myself jumping into bed with my husband to have mad s-e-x after a funeral or death.....but some people say death ignited the need to feel alive and sex does that for them. No, I am not saying that Haleigh is dead....I am just saying that we as a sleuthing community might not understand why Ronald is proposing during all of this. We as a sleuthing community have NO IDEA how he feels. We can only assume, but my mom used to say don't ASSume anything because you might come out looking like an *advertiser censored*.

God bless Haleigh and all of those who love her.

I couldn't agree with you more. I heard Misty say that the marriage is what "Haleigh would have wanted." PAST TENSE! WHY IS MISTY TALKING ABOUT HALEIGH IN PAST TENSE?
I have always thought Misty knows more than she is letting on, and this just makes me believe it even more! I watched a clip of Misty walking up to the courthouse (?) with a grin on her face and a spring in her step - like she had won a prize. I hate to even think this, but what if Misty and/or Ron was tired of caring for Haleigh because of her illness (but didn't want to give her to the bio mom) and wanted to "start" a new life without her? Now she's gone, they are getting married, etc. I bet a new baby will be on the way very soon. Just a thought . . . :waitasec:

I don't get that feeling. If Ron was tired of caring for Haleigh he could have relinquished custody back to her mother. The only thing that would makes sense in a case such as that is if there was so much hatred between Ron and Crystal that he'd be damned if Crystal would ever get custody of those kids again, and I just don't get that feeling about him or that he hates Crystal more than he loves his children.

I still have the heebies thinking about them planning a wedding while Haleigh is missing. I mean, in all reality if Haleigh wanted them to get married so much WHY wouldn't they wait and plan something which includes Haleigh... dressed up like a princess...... It's just so opposite of how I would expect someone to react. jmo

We're drifting off topic here folks, this isn't a theory thread or other than for posting about Ron proposing to Misty.

It seems to me the apparent abililty and willingness to "move on" and make plans such as a wedding, new home so soon amidst these tragic unfolding of events is suggestive of one of two scenarios: Either one or both knows that Haleigh is not in any danger, thus has no genuine concern about her safety or wellbeing being in jeopardy...

OR one or both knows Haleigh is not coming back and figures there is also therefore no point in waiting or putting off a future w/out her.

Of course we all hope and pray it is the former! But would others here agree it seems that, for whatever reason "we" have advanced or progressed rather rapidly to the Planning and Redevelopment, or rebuilding phase...? JMO

:parrot:
sisi.gif

My bold - I agree, just wanted to add:
And if Haleigh heard about a 'wedding', she probably imagines herself as a flower girl or something IN the wedding and would probably definitely want to be IN the wedding - given the choice. JMO. :)

Yup, she'd want to be the flower girl. I'm assuming she would want to be in the pictures as well. You would assume the family would want to wait so that she could be in the pics. Nothing says she's GONE, like this fiasco.

ITA! As for these "breakdowns" and explanations that that is why he seems out of it, slurred speech, odd behavior, I'm sorry, but I'm guessing that's more of the reefer talking. If he was having constant breakdowns, how would he have the clarity of mind and planning ability to get a ring, go to a restaurant, propose on bended knee in front of an audience, go to a court house to get legal marriage documents? None of this makes any sense. And I for one am just about over all this.

It's a shame for the poor child; her family's nonsense got her into this mess, but it's sure as heck not going to get her out of it.

Well normally heirloom rings just stay in the family and pass down through the generations....I don't know the history of the ring as in who was the last person to have this as their wedding ring, if it was just his grandmother, this makes sense, it passed to him to give to his wife who will keep it in the family- normally I think, the wearer of the ring will always keep it until death and then it gets passed down again, unless the wearer gets a new/bigger ring one day like some women do (I only want my original wedding ring but for some reason, several people in my family have gone years later and gotten a completely different, honkingly huge wedding ring because they wanted a bigger more expensive ring to show off). The problem with heirlooom rings come in when there are several daughters in the family and they all want it.

I don't understand why RC and MC are doing this now. I don't really care about the dynamics of that ring. I just wonder how the heck they could even think of having a wedding now without knowing what happened to Haleigh! She would normally be IN the wedding as a flower girl, junior bridesmaid, or just have a special place there. Her presence will be MISSED, how could they even think of doing this now...I could see it a couple of years from now if there is still no resolution, but now? Just a month later, when no one knows if haleigh could turn up and they should be looking for her?

Also, bad move on their part........I do think this will alienate volunteers "Well the dad and girlfriend aren't even looking, they're planning a wedding, I don't want to donate money for that if they don't seem to be too mussed" (even though they DO seem devastated- having a wedding now will hurt them in getting help and donations IMO).

I know! I get sick to my stomach, when I think about the TIME ... that's being wasted in getting papers filled out to be married, permission from mom, etc. .. Dang it people .. FIND your daughter!!! :furious:

Time ... energy, WASTED ... makes me sick.

Makes me sick also....This whole scenario... Ain't fitin... Ain't fitin... Just ain't fitin. I was hopeful that TN, Ron's mother, was not an enabler and had more sense than Cindy Anthony, but seems she doesn't...I just see another mother who has no problem aiding to the dysfunction within their family.
IMHO both families need to take up residence at Dysfunction Junction.

Makes me sick also....This whole scenario... Ain't fitin... Ain't fitin... Just ain't fitin. I was hopeful that TN, Ron's mother, was not an enabler and had more sense than Cindy Anthony, but seems she doesn't...I just see another mother who has no problem aiding to the dysfunction within their family.

Bolded by me:

When you posted that I got the theme song for Petticoat Junction stuck in my head now...Shady Rest Hotel----Sorry that was very O/T :)

O/T Emaralgem....I got a little chuckle from your "aint fitin" post. I just had a little flash back of my beloved grandma using the very same expression and it made me smile! TY for that! :blowkiss:

Good Day all my first time posting here.

On that note now, I find this whole situation quite disturbing now, no little child at 5 yrs old is going to make a statement she wanted them married now. It appears IMHO both Ron and Misty and their so called parents have wrote Haleigh off now and that Haleigh will not be returning alive.

I truly hope that's' not the case but as each day goes by and watch all the actors in this bad show it just doesn't seem to get any better now. This whole case stinks beyond belief now.

Her mother withheld permission for her to marry in the past and is now tickled pink about the idea? In the middle of this mess she is happy to allow this event? Is she actually thrilled because she is about to have her first grandchild?

I thought the guest list for the evening of Haleigh's disappearance included Misty's brother and her nieces and nephews and that would mean LC already has some grandchildren, would it?

They do look happy, but he doesn't. Is he irritated because Misty is talking to the media?

It sure looks like Misty loves the idea of a wedding but I suppose I have to believe what they're saying about the reasons to get married.

"But now that everything's been going on and people have been trashing them, I'm going to let them do it. " "Everybody will know I love Haleigh and Ronald and Junior, and we'll be a family." They're more or less saying that this engagement is a PR stunt for the sake of appearances. Perhaps not merely that, but the message is that the idea is to influence what people think about them, and I don't see why they would say something like that if it wasn't true. I find it telling that she says "everybody will know *I* love Haleigh" and not, for example, "we love each other and want to become a family". They've considered that the suspicions about Misty will be lessened if it's shown that Ronald doesn't appear to think so and wants to marry her.

I feel the same way, I don't think RC or anyone in the family other than possibly MC's cousin, had anything to do with this. Everyone is so quick to blame the 17 year old, who took on a huge responsiblity of taking care of RC's children, not to mention it is obvious she loves them and they love her very much. Teresa confirming the children wanted Misty to be their mommy speaks volumns to me about Misty and her past 5 months of responsibility. Yes, I know those babies already have a mom, but...do we really know what kind of mom she is? Do we know if the kids feel loved and secure with her? She lost custody of both children to Ron for a reason, has she tried to regain custody? How many photos are we seeing of Crystal and Haleigh together? I am not downing Crystal...but I do believe Teresa, she is forth coming, open and honest. RC knew and knows Misty loved and took very good care of his children, despite her age....those feelings were mutual, even Crystal stated the children told her many times that they loved Misty. Obviously RC is putting the blame on the actual perp who came in and took Haleigh. Obviously Misty feels horribly guilty because she was in charge when it happened...perhaps RC is trying to show Misty and the world that he is not blaming her. I personally am putting the blame where it belongs...and IMO it is the actual perp who took her, nobody else. There are tons of cases where the victim was snached right out of their own home while the family slept..it happened and it does happen...this case is no different IMO. Ok, I'm done now, I'm sure I will get bashed for this one......:razz:

You won't get bashed by me. Polly Klaas and Elizabeth Smart were abducted right out of middle-class/upper middle class homes--and no one suggests that their families were "negligent." This board is full of cases where perpetrators break into a house and rape, abduct or kill the occupants, sometimes leaving family members and friends behind. And then there are cases in which one parent has been in charge when a child was abducted, most famously the Adam Walsh case. His mother had taken him to a mall and he was ordered out of the store with several other kids who were being rowdy. They are still married, and no doubt have a marriage full of ups, down, and imperfections, just like the rest of us. God bless them for sticking it out.

Do I think it is ideal for a 17-year old to be essentially mothering a child Haleigh's age and a younger brother? Of course not. But all over the country, siblings are essentially rearing younger siblings because there is only one parent or only parents who are addicts or alcoholics or disabled or negligent. Misti may well have left the house unlocked or unattended. For that, if it turns out to be the case, she will suffer for the rest of her life.

That a 17-year-old would smile at announcing her engagement or hold her hand to show her new ring seems perfectly understandable. She is not a full-blown adult with adult concepts of propriety. Does she think she is a celebrity? Almost certainly so, since cameras follow her everywhere and dissect her every move. It was established pretty definitively yesterday on NG that there will not be a "spousal privilege" that would protect either party in the case of Haleigh's disappearance.

People laugh and tell stories at wakes. No one can be wracked with grief, 24 hours a day, under the microscope of 24-hour cable news. I can see why Drew Peterson and Cindy Anthony and others become targets for cable and the forums--they know way more than they are saying. But Misti is a kid, really, and not a highly educated or sophisticated one. If it turns out that she killed Haleigh or sold her or left her alone, then let the condemnation begin. Meanwhile, making moral judgments about these people doesn't do one thing to find Haleigh.

Misty will take the ring off her finger and give it to Haleigh ? :confused:

I am, at this moment, wearing an heirloom diamond given to my aunt by her husband, which she took off her finger a decade ago and handed to me while I was driving her home. So it happens.

I am, at this moment, wearing an heirloom diamond given to my aunt by her husband, which she took off her finger a decade ago and handed to me while I was driving her home. So it happens.

I am glad you have such a loving aunt and am hoping that Haleigh will have an equally loving stepmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl