Ronald proposes to Misty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it makes me SICK the way other posters here are talking S#IT about Misty and Ron.

If they were even remotely suspected they would be arrested already.

Like I said in other posts, moments of tragedy either rip a couple apart, or make their bond stronger.

It seems Misty and Ron have grown closer.

They too are VICTIMS in this. I am sorry if some posters are so jaded that they cannot see that.

*I have posted my opinion before and have been flamed for giving a crap about Misty and Ron. So if you disagree with me, go ahead and quote me, but do not expect a response from me. This is how I feel after watching them and nothing anyone here says will change that.

Hi 3dogmom, I respect your point of view, but the fact remains neither Misty or Ron have been cleared yet. It is strange especially for Ron as he has an alibi :confused:

Also, nowadays they don't just arrest someone if they are remotely suspected or even highly suspected. Before the prosecutor will take a case to the Grand Jury it better be pretty well pat. And after the arrest they still fine tune the case for trial.

I don't know much about law, only what I have read here over the last 6 years. LE has to be able to tie the crime to a person in a specific way, even if there is a confession. The means and opportunity have to be laid out. If it is a Circumstantial case there has to be a plethra of evidence to prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt, and that is allot of hard work. All before there is an arrest.

IMO there is a long road to hoe in this case. We'll have to see how it comes down, but first Haleigh needs to be found. That is the priority now.

I agree they are victims now. If they turn out to be involved in any way, even having knowledge of the crime and not giving up that info, they would not be victims anymore IMO. Let's hope they knew nothing because I don't think they had anything to do with the snatching of her.

xox

Quote from: higherhopes on Today at 12:48:26 AM
Quote from: higherhopes on Today at 12:45:08 AM
This iamily/
barbibabies (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam Reply Yes I'm the great grandma.
kittylyn461 (1 week ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam well i am from Saginaw michigan and i have posted it on myspace bulletion. I believe Misty came from this area at some time. I lost my 3 precious childrem on Aug 17th many years ago ,, and I beleve in many things and I believe she is ALIVE. my heart bleeds for Them and I pray everyday that she comes home to her daddy
dotebump (1 day ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam Is 202 Green Lane correct address to sent money to Ron?
barbibabies (1 day ago) Show Hide Marked as spam Reply No send it to Ronald Cummings c/o Jamie Watts 720 highway 17 south, San Mateo Fl. 32187

Oh BOY

Bold is mine

SO on that findhaleigh.com page i noticed This

Any gifts or words of encouragement that you write to Haleigh's family we will send to them through Watts Funeral Home unless we hear from them otherwise.

So they have a FUNERAL HOME collecting money?

Do you have a link that talks about DCF being to the home numerous times in the last 5 months? I know they visited after Marie filed a complaint but I hadn't seen anything saying DCF has been there numerous times in the last 5 months.

Hi Busylady:
I don't have a link but I can look tomorrow;going to bed soon! That thing called work in the am! For some reason, I think it was announced at an early press conference and LE said that DCF had been out to that address on several occ in the past 5 months. That struck me as odd as they had only been together for 5 months and I was curious as to why they were out there.
I didn't even know that Marie filed a complaint, what was that about??

From the SAME Site

Donations toward Mr. Ronald Cummings:
Obviously Haleigh's father cannot work during this crisis, so if you would rather donate toward him and his family, donations are being taken up at "Bank Of America" "Haleigh Cummings family relief fund"

But he can get Married ?

You are asking strangers to show respect, I just wondered if there was a way we could forward your advise to the young couple. You know, that there are serious, important things going on ... like a MISSING CHILD!!

I feel, as do some other posters that the timing is way off on this marriage, the daughter of the groom to be has been missing for a month, allegedly abducted while in the care of the bride to be.

Pardon the sarcasm.

jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
It is the correct tense. "Wanted since they got together" meaning she wanted it all along not that it puts Haleigh in the past tense. You wouldn't say, "Haleigh wants it since we got together."

I never saw a video where Misty added, "since we got together." I just heard her say, "This is what Haleigh wanted."

I just saw this now. Is this quote referring to Hayleigh wanted them to get married or something else?
If so, I feel worse than I did before...
Do you mean to tell me this is what the little girl wanted, and Misty and Ron will do it...while she is away ON HER ABDUCTION!! :hand:
Please tell me this is out of context.

Amen!

I just cannot fathom planning some happy occasion while my baby was missing! How would it even be possible to focus on (what's supposed to be) such a sacred and special event in the midst of such tragedy?

When my soon to be MIL was murdered we postponed our wedding. There was such a overwhelming sense of grief and stress that it didn't seem appropriate, and I felt that while it would always be painful for DH that his mother was not there to see the vows doing it that soon afterwards would just be cruel. Not to mention tying our anniversary years directly to how many years she had been dead. So on some levels I have been there, and I do know how I would react. I don't care if they get married and live happily ever after, don't care about the age difference, don't care about any of that.... but the timing and the actions don't fit with me to be those of a father who thinks his daughter is out there somewhere waiting to be rescued. I don't recall the Smart's having a celebratory event 30 days out. Can't imagine the Hornbecks were either.

They are acting like every other family that knows the outcome before there is evidence, and thus moves on with life faster than one would *speculate* would be normal for the situation. The fact that no one has been arrested in no way indicates they are not suspected by LE. Drew Peterson is a suspect in two murders last I heard. He hasn't been arrested. Pesky little thing called physical evidence. The list of suspected but not arrested people can go on and on.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&catid=295

When I watch that video of him walking past the reporters and Misty and her mother I get the distinct impression he is P'oed that she was talking to reporters and she chases after him, and I can almost GUESS the words " im sorry I was just excited telling them about us getting married..why did you walk past me like that - im supposed to be your fiance"

Yup thats what i can GUESS At what was being said...

I mean COME ON - if you were proposed to and your fiance walked right past you wouldn't you be hurt....Thats not how people who get engaged act.
People who get engaged are in love and want to shout it from the roof tops..

But then there is a little girl missing ..And getting engaged and being all lovey dovey just isnt the right thing to do.
Certainly showing off your ring isnt

There is not one thing in the you tubes that I saw of her asking for money, someone asked where to send and she gave an address. We also do not know the money being sent is not being used for Haleigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWEWJWZ-Ts&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAK2VuGnCNg&feature=channel

It was already pulled,saw it before,can't remember what all they were for and she's got videos on you tube collecting money when it's not being used for Haleigh,obviously.If we're checking for motive,we should check for scams,right?This isn't about taking sides in a family,this is about why Haleigh was taken and where is she,somebody took her.

I'm sure with him looking to buy a house and getting married,we'll soon find out.I saw the Sheffield side today selling things to raise the reward while Ronald and Misty were at the courthouse today getting marriage papers and he was on the Today Show this morning.Hopefully he's looking for Haleigh in between all of that.But,I am all for regulations of money sent in missing children cases,the money should only be used to help find the child and the parent is actively looking for that child themselves.This way it will avoid any parents motives that might decide to use missing children as a way to make money.Not saying this is the case here,though I am finding his behavior is more than disturbing.

When my soon to be MIL was murdered we postponed our wedding. There was such a overwhelming sense of grief and stress that it didn't seem appropriate, and I felt that while it would always be painful for DH that his mother was not there to see the vows doing it that soon afterwards would just be cruel. Not to mention tying our anniversary years directly to how many years she had been dead. So on some levels I have been there, and I do know how I would react. I don't care if they get married and live happily ever after, don't care about the age difference, don't care about any of that.... but the timing and the actions don't fit with me to be those of a father who thinks his daughter is out there somewhere waiting to be rescued. I don't recall the Smart's having a celebratory event 30 days out. Can't imagine the Hornbecks were either.

They are acting like every other family that knows the outcome before there is evidence, and thus moves on with life faster than one would *speculate* would be normal for the situation. The fact that no one has been arrested in no way indicates they are not suspected by LE. Drew Peterson is a suspect in two murders last I heard. He hasn't been arrested. Pesky little thing called physical evidence. The list of suspected but not arrested people can go on and on.

During a custody battle you have to keep functioning normally. I have no idea WHY they are getting married...it could be any of the reasons listed under this thread...BUT I do want to point out that the kind of aweful fight that Crystal and Ron are gearing up for over Junior is nasty, and anything either parent can do to make themself look more stable is what they're going to be doing.

Yeah, it's not what I would WANT to be thinking about while my child was missing, but it might help me not lose my other child. My husband and I legally married secretly the day we got engaged...we planned a "real" wedding for a year later. This was due to a sticky custody issue involving my nephew (who has lived with us for 4 years). We were made well aware of how important it is to be "stable" in these matters. Living together for 4 years is no where near as "stable" as living together for 1 year and being married for 3, even though the situation is exactly the same everywhere except on paper.

Again, no idea what their situation is really like, but custody issues do complicate things. Ron would know this already.

I totally agree there should be regulations on money sent in for missing children. I just do not want to jump the gun, people accused him of spending donation money for a tattoo we later found out not the case, people accused him of spending money for a ring we later found out not the case. I believe there is quite a bit of money going to both sides of the family and hope they will use it wisely.

I'm sure with him looking to buy a house and getting married,we'll soon find out.I saw the Sheffield side today selling things to raise the reward while Ronald and Misty were at the courthouse today getting marriage papers and he was on the Today Show this morning.Hopefully he's looking for Haleigh in between all of that.But,I am all for regulations of money sent in missing children cases,the money should only be used to help find the child and the parent is actively looking for that child themselves.

I totally agree there should be regulations on money sent in for missing children. I just do not want to jump the gun, people accused him of spending donation money for a tattoo we later found out not the case, people accused him of spending money for a ring we later found out not the case. I believe there is quite a bit of money going to both sides of the family and hope they will use it wisely.

If people are willing to send them money with no stipulations on how it is used then I don't think they are doing anything wrong or that it needs to be regulated. If someone falsely claims the money will fund a search or funeral costs and that turns out not be true, fraud is already illegal.

Good point.

If people are willing to send them money with no stipulations on how it is used then I don't think they are doing anything wrong or that it needs to be regulated. If someone falsely claims the money will fund a search or funeral costs and that turns out not be true, fraud is already illegal.

Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, says it's what Haleigh always wanted. "When Haleigh was home, she always wanted Misty to be mommy," says Neves, "I believe she'll be very, very happy when she comes home to find out that her daddy finally did what she wanted."

Ronald and Misty plan to marry this week. They say it's so Haleigh will have a surprise when she gets home.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/Ronald-and-Misty-Engaged/FY37XC5vAEylu_BRFPBLLg.cspx

my bold.
Aww, so when she gets home, she can realize that they did the whole thing without her. So sweet. :rolleyes:
I honestly don't care if they get married - I, too, just think the timing is messed up. What if Haleigh had dreams of being a flower girl? And she comes home and dad has a new house and he got married... I can understand if it was a year later. 6 months later, even. But it's been a month. I would be out every day looking for my daughter, searching and hunting. And if I wasn't, I'd be at home in a ball on my bed, crying and not talking to anybody. I certainly wouldn't be at a Chili's, getting proposed too OR proposing.

I DID support Ron and it's not like I still don't. I just do NOT understand his actions. Mostly I don't think he had anything to do with her disappearance - especially with the way he acts (begging for her return, not bad-mouthing maternal family, not talking at the courthouse AND not talking about his history), I don't think he did.

BUT it's getting a tattoo, talking about buying a house, proposing in a Chili's - THAT'S what bothers me. Not the past arrest records, not the 911 call - not even calling Misty his "stupid b**** girlfriend" (because I would probably (try to - he's bigger) beat the crap out of my husband if I came home and my daughter was gone) - it's the things he's doing AFTER she's gone. Don't try to tell me they want to SURPRISE Haleigh with a marriage - if I know one thing, it's 5 year old girls and Haleigh would probably want to be in a wedding. Especially one to someone she supposedly loves.

It's not fair to Haleigh. I just want to know where she is. And if it turns out that Ron and/or Misty had nothing to do with it, I will definitely eat crow. I really hope they DIDN'T have anything to do with it. It's been a month now. WHERE THE HECK IS SHE?

(ps Busylady, I know I quoted you but this whole thing wasn't directed AT you :blowkiss: I just wanted to quote that part of your post.)

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before as I had to do alot of speed reading to try and get caught up..........
What I am thinking is maybe RC and MC do not realize this and think just because they get married MC wouldn't have to testify at all against RC. And maybe it has nothing to do with the actual disapperance, but if he was involved in the drug scene, maybe they are thinking she wouldn't have to testify about his activities that lead up to the actual events. And maybe MC is the one who is pushing the marriage, holding something over RC's head, which could also explain why RC wasn't so happy leaving the courthouse? Any thoughts? ( Alot of maybes and what ifs, but I have yet to come to any definate decision about any of this mess)

I was just going to ask if these two are still together when I came on the thread and saw this....I am disturbed by this to say the least. My reasoning takes me to a place where two people are together who should be suspicious of each other, not "IN LOVE" at this crucial time. Love can wait...

RC should be furious at Misty and not understand how she could have not heard anything. Misty should be questioning RC about his behavior towards her when he arrived home. It is typical of couple to blame each other and part ways, not bond together and get married when a daughter is "missing". Misty reminds me of a child of 13 or 14 yrs. old. He is much older than she, and may lean toward young girls/children, and he may find it easier to control them when they are little or young. I gathered he was a control freak and that alone is scary. Misty's parents should have stopped this. JMHO. I get the impression he is very strict and maybe more than just "strict". He could have a serious "temper" issue. He is a weird Bird..

When your child goes missing, the natural progression wouldnt be to get married. These two events just dont add up. I can speculate why RC is in a rush to marry Misty, and would if not be dead on. Im thinking if this was a crime for profit (LE hasnt stated what type of crime it is), than this marriage was not in the plan! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt