Russian passenger plane crashes in Sinai, Egypt Prime Minister says, 31 OCT 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
European investigators have reached the conclusion that there was a bomb on the plane. Flight data recorder shows no signs of mechanical failure. The explosion can actually be heard on the audio recovered. Per Brooke Baldwin/CNN

US and UK have turned over their intel to the Russians to assist with the investigation. Putin's decision to suspend flights came after he reviewed the intel.

In my gut I felt like this would be a bomb related event. A response to the war/bombing in Syria my Russia. This plane carrying all or almost all Russians was a perfect target. So sad.

Yes. Wondering why they cannot just fly to another nearby country on another airline and then just take a flight from there to their home.

Seems simple enough.

You couldn't get me on a plane over there. Can buses or trains take people to another country?

You couldn't get me on a plane over there. Can buses or trains take people to another country?

I wouldn't be getting on any planes over there either. If it was a bomb (which sounds like a leading theory right now) then presumably either a passenger smuggled it on board (or in cargo) or a worker at the airport got it onto the plane (this I find a lot more likely scenario than passenger doing it). Russians aren't known for being suicide bombers, so I very much doubt a passenger got the bomb onto the plane.

http://pix11.com/2015/11/06/black-boxes-show-bomb-brought-down-russian-jet-report/

Black boxes show bomb brought down Russian jet: report

European investigators who analyzed the two flight recorders from the Metrojet plane that went down Saturday in Egypt are categorically saying the crash is not an accident, CNN affiliate France 2 reported Friday.

The investigators said the cockpit voice recorder shows an explosion and the flight data recorder confirms the explosion is not accidental — there is no sign of mechanical malfunction during the initial part of the flight, France 2 reported.

Everything is fine during the first 24 minutes, then in a fraction of a second there is a blackout and no more cockpit conversation, convincing investigators there was a bomb on board, according to France 2.

Is there anyone else, That thinks it is at all possible that the Russians did this to make a point? I don't know.. I just won't put anything past Putin...

Is there anyone else, That thinks it is at all possible that the Russians did this to make a point? I don't know.. I just won't put anything past Putin...

I don't think so, it seems to me like a genuine rogue terrorist group in that area. It sounds to me like the area is a popular spot for Russian and British tourists, and some terrorist group exploited that weakness. My understanding is Russia, UK and Egypt benefit from tourism/vacation spot, it wouldn't make sense for any country to sanction terrorist. But if terrorist groups or countries that sanction ME terrorist groups wanted to keep Russia/US/UK out of the area, then it's more plausible to me that it's terrorist action.

I did read today that British passengers were offered express service by Egyptian airport workers for extra $$ to move them along travelling back to UK, so that seems like a red flag to me (If airport workers willing to take extra $$$ to move luggage or people along...major security issue, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...p-security-egyptian-airport-article-1.2425622). My guess is if it was a bomb and caused by terrorists, said terrorists likely bit off more than they can chew, because Egypt, Russia, US and UK will be royally peeved off (i.e. human lives lost, tourist industry, and decent country relations/stability affected) But jmo/

I think he would use it as an excuse to do whatever it is he wants to do in the region. I don't trust him at all.

We all know Putin is cray-cray but it seems pretty evident to me that he was really hoping this was a mechanical issue. He didn't want this and doesn't really know what to do about it yet.

I mean, look at how the US and UK practically had to force their intel down his throat to get him to accept that this wasn't an accident. All signs point to him being just as surprised as the rest of us.

I don't think so, it seems to me like a genuine rogue terrorist group in that area. It sounds to me like the area is a popular spot for Russian and British tourists, and some terrorist group exploited that weakness. My understanding is Russia, UK and Egypt benefit from tourism/vacation spot, it wouldn't make sense for any country to sanction terrorist. But if terrorist groups or countries that sanction ME terrorist groups wanted to keep Russia/US/UK out of the area, then it's more plausible to me that it's terrorist action.

I did read today that British passengers were offered express service by Egyptian airport workers for extra $$ to move them along travelling back to UK, so that seems like a red flag to me (If airport workers willing to take extra $$$ to move luggage or people along...major security issue). My guess is if it was a bomb and caused by terrorists, said terrorists likely bit off more than they can chew, because Egypt, Russia, US and UK will be royally peeved off (i.e. human lives lost, tourist industry, and decent country relations/stability affected) But jmo/

BBM

That's Egypt! A few bucks can get you just about anything or anywhere.

I don't think Putin really needs an excuse to do anything he wants. How would he be stopped and by whom?

They noted on CNN that the Russian media is still very much denying any link to terrorism at this moment. Another sign that Putin was caught off guard by this and wants to keep his people in the dark until he figures out his next step.

We all know Putin is cray-cray but it seems pretty evident to me that he was really hoping this was a mechanical issue. He didn't want this and doesn't really know what to do about it yet.

I mean, look at how the US and UK practically had to force their intel down his throat to get him to accept that this wasn't an accident. All signs point to him being just as surprised as the rest of us.

The situation with ISIS and with Syria is really getting out of hand.

US is war weary but sometimes enough is enough and world powers need to team together and stop ISIS with a global front.

If the global powers would just team up and go against ISIS then they can be squashed like the vermin they are. Make quick work of it and then get out. It always sounds easier on paper though.

But what a mess so far.

-Assad fighting all rebels
-ISIS fighting other rebels + Iraq
-Rebels fighting Assad + ISIS
-Russia bombing Rebels against Assad
-US bombing ISIS rebels
-Iraq, Kurds trying to fight ISIS

What a mess. Global powers need to meet and decide how to handle and just end it.

NPR had this subject on the Diane Rehm show today that explained how intricate all the relationships are within the region-and how fragile and fluid they can be too. Basically, no one sees peace in the near future.

ISIS just released another video bragging about the attack. They again said that this was in retaliation of Russia's airstrikes in Syria and promised that more is to come. The clip they showed of it on CNN was pretty ridiculous because ISIS didn't even bother to use footage of the right type of plane.

NPR had this subject on the Diane Rehm show today that explained how intricate all the relationships are within the region-and how fragile and fluid they can be too. Basically, no one sees peace in the near future.

Moms poet this Am really helped me "get this", outside of place crash. The more it maranates , this is really history changing cr$P - and ya know what worldwide all us regulaar people are totally powerless as it relates tothose in power, every country , get to chose or bargain, of figure out thbe best way to manipulate eachs agenda - it truly is that simple.

This has nothing to do with any interest in truly finding out what happened - IMO none..Just like 370 0019, NTSB is silent

know why? Just like in my field, confidentilisty and privildeged communication , just like lawyers, by the time you are liscesed, it is ingrained.

Same thing with industilized aircraft investigators, they are not gonna play with all this

It is ingrained that there job on this planet is only to try and save lives by not allowing another incident to kill more people -- that is what they live for, do , beleive--thats Britains folks, Germany' folks, ingrained - and they are not playing the political crp , they are not gonna particpate in this sharade, - not gonna do it.

I respect them for that, but yes I should would love to know every morsal NTSB knows -----------you know why? it is the truth ...................

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54
Back