Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a saved copy of the entire article … they did publish it ….

I am not calling your paraphrasing into question. What I am saying is that was a bloody quick edit by the HS, and why?

Did your saved copy (the original) say that the stories might all be nonsense? As the article I can read says.

Trying to see why they edited so quickly. Bad source? Legals?

I am not calling your paraphrasing into question. What I am saying is that was a bloody quick edit by the HS, and why?

Did your saved copy (the original) say that the stories might all be nonsense?
Even though it has omitted the detail of the rumours.

It does say :
“The stories might all be nonsense.”

That phrasing is the middle of the allegations, and that is why I referred to them as rumours …

The article was published at 4:04pm by Patrick Carlyon
And revised at 5:24pm

Edit to add: One thing I have learned on WS is to save the articles as they can be revised … especially early on in a case like this …

Last edited:

"She normally does 20km,' Mr Robson said.

'But she had to meet someone in Ballarat at 10am so she only did 10km."
Mr Robson says this like he knows 100% "...so she only did 10km" past tense. He doesn't say that was her intention, he says that she 'did'

It does say :
“The stories might all be nonsense.”

That phrasing is the middle of the allegations, and that is why I referred to them as rumours …

The article was published at 4:04pm by Patrick Carlyon
And revised at 5:24pm

Thanks. Well something intervened in the publishing of the rumours. Their legal dept, the police, someone's lawyer perhaps.

(I know that you would have accurately paraphrased, I just thought it was weird that the info disappeared quite quickly ... by the time I opened the article, shortly after you posted it)

Conspiracies and rumors always result some time during a mysterious case with seemingly no leads (that are made public at least).
This gives the investigators extra headaches and needless interference, particularly if people are going to phone in all sorts of "leads" which will have to be sorted through.

One thing I noticed (but I am not going to go back again to get the time mark) is the officer who is with Mark Hatt - I don't know who he is, police search & rescue or missing persons - said that there is very little CCTV in the search area from homes and businesses, but 'everyone' has dash cams these days and they really want that footage. To please look and see if you have footage from Sunday the 4th.

I doubt that many/any cars would have been driving the bush trails at that time. Yet they are interested in any dash cam footage. Maybe trying to see known and unknown vehicle movement?

imo
If the police can get CCTV from any houses and dash cam, it will prove that she went out running, what direction did she go or any unforeseen happenings. It would also give a time

Thanks. Well something intervened in the publishing of the rumours. Their legal dept, the police, someone's lawyer perhaps.

(I know that you would have accurately paraphrased, I just thought it was weird that the info disappeared quite quickly ... by the time I opened the article, shortly after you posted it)
I thought the entire article was a little “odd” for the Herald Sun to publish as a paid subscriber article … but yes, guessing that someone objected to that information after it was published …

I didn’t see the article straight away … it came up in a google search ..

Did your saved copy (the original) say that the stories might all be nonsense? As the article I can read says.

Yes, South Aussie! I noticed this too! It was super quick. Reckon someone got on the phone and blasted them. Yikes, that journo is in trouble.

wellll...... Since the police have not mentioned it, it seems to me that Ms Murphy is living on air, not having used her bankcard, her fuel card , her Visa, her Mastercard, Myer card, David Jones, Safeway, and so on. .. This is always ominous, to me, when women do not spend one cent. In days. ... No one has used these cards, apparently. If so, the police are keeping dark about it, to the max.

So the CCTV still of SM with the dog bag was taken before her run at 7am?

Sunrise in Ballarat on the Sunday was around 6.45am.

Does the cctv still look consistent with a time before 7am?
I’d been wondering , but I’m terrible at judging things like this. The light is changing more noticeably every morning at the moment, as we approach end of daylight savings. I def couldn’t judge how it was 2 weeks back. They might have lightened the shot too I guess, for ppl to get the best look at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214