Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily done any homework. Anthony Parsons was a cyclist in Scotland who was hit by a drunk driver. The driver then removed the body and bicycle and the police never found any evidence of the crime on the road despite a comparatively small search area (confined to about 7 miles of road). The body was only discovered several years later when the driver showed his girlfriend where he had buried the body and she told the police.
Could be the story you tell mirrors is this one 100%

I don't see that this is anything to do with Samantha disappearing. Police have said her disappearance is 'suspicious', so that rules out suicide for Samantha. <modsnip>
IMO
The context around Police calling it suspicious is simply because they have not found her and do not know what happened to her.

That being said, i don't believe it is suicide either but that is only my opinion.

From what we know, i don't believe the inference that it definitely wasn't suicide can be drawn yet, just because they are calling her disappearance 'suspicious'.

Last edited by a moderator:
wellll...... Since the police have not mentioned it, it seems to me that Ms Murphy is living on air, not having used her bankcard, her fuel card , her Visa, her Mastercard, Myer card, David Jones, Safeway, and so on. .. This is always ominous, to me, when women do not spend one cent. In days. ... No one has used these cards, apparently. If so, the police are keeping dark about it, to the max.
I assume SM cards would’ve been home instead of on her IMOO

IMO
The context around Police calling it suspicious is simply because they have not found her and do not know wd to her.

That being said, i don't believe it is suicide either but that is only my opinion.

From what we know, i don't believe the inference that it definitely wasn't suicide can be drawn yet, just because they are calling her disappearance 'suspicious'.
Respectfully, your first paragraph is a huge assumption. Police obviously know a lot more than they are disclosing. They don't stop searching so early in a disappearance and say it is suspicious if they don't know anything and she hasn't been found.

Didn't Mick say that she could have gone in just about any direction--sometimes one way, sometimes another? That doesn't altogether match up with what uncle and aunt are saying, that she was a creature of habit.
Running like driving is boring, you need to mix it up a bit and try different routes.

Samantha Murphy disappearance theories unhelpful, says The Missed Foundation's Loren O'Keeffe​

I think this is such an important article. There are real people involved here, going through trauma and what must feel like an almost unbearable situation of just not knowing. Add all the speculation, judgement and publicity to it and - I just can't imagine. The only thing any of us can be sure of is that SM is 'somewhere' currently unknown.

Respectfully, your first paragraph is a huge assumption. Police obviously know a lot more than they are disclosing. They don't stop searching so early in a disappearance and say it is suspicious if they don't know anything and she hasn't been found.
Police haven't stopped searching, they are doing targeted searches.

“We keep saying it’s not suspicious but when someone’s been missing for this period of time and we have no trace, well clearly, there must be some suspicions there because we haven’t been able to locate her,” he said.

“It’s certainly unusual when we haven’t been able to locate any trace of her or any other evidence within that period of time and so obviously having Missing Persons involved, it’s suspicious, whether it means there’s foul play involved or not, I don’t know.

“But obviously, detectives are investigating a matter where a woman’s been missing for a significant period of time … call it unusual, call it suspicious, but it certainly is of significant concern to us and so traumatic for the family, so traumatic for her friends.”

A statement issued on Wednesday by the Missing Persons Squad said investigators were continuing to conduct targeted searches in the Ballarat area. Police had been leading an extensive search for Ms Murphy but on Saturday it was announced it would be scaled back.

My thoughts are with Sam, her family & friends who are going thru the absolute worst.....ambiguous loss, it's real.

My thoughts are with Sam, her family & friends who are going thru the absolute worst.....ambiguous loss, it's real.

Absolutely. A close family member of mine was missing, for a short time. It ended with them being found deceased but the only outcome worse that I can imagine is never finding them and just not knowing.

I suppose if VICPOL thought it was a person from Ballarat, like.. say, Paul Denyer, someone who might take and disappear someone else, they would have locked down Ballarat, close off the freeway, and the north and south exits and entrances, and established a curfew, all men off the street from 5pm to 9am, something like this, all cars checked and divvied up, have armed personnel all around the perimeter.... close all the pubs and bars, bottle shops, etc.. clubs...all footy training and cricket training off, etc.... close the city down...

But this seems a very softly softly approach, nothing wrong with that, it often works, too..

I suppose if VICPOL thought it was a person from Ballarat, like.. say, Paul Denyer, someone who might take and disappear someone else, they would have locked down Ballarat, close off the freeway, and the north and south exits and entrances, and established a curfew, all men off the street from 5pm to 9am, something like this, all cars checked and divvied up, have armed personnel all around the perimeter.... close all the pubs and bars, bottle shops, etc.. clubs...all footy training and cricket training off, etc.... close the city down...

But this seems a very softly softly approach, nothing wrong with that, it often works, too..
You would have a second Eureka Stockade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal