Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an example, this is what the GPS showed for Theo Hayez's last movements.
They could also determine when he sped up, when he stopped and for how long, and when he slowed down. They also knew the tracking stopped just after midnight.

If they have anything like this for Sam, it will show a lot.

View attachment 486428

imo
The actual map that the belgium police got from his gps data which was accessed by Theos mother was really in depth. I was lucky enough to have access to it and still do. However it’s just my opinion cos I don’t feel comfortable sharing publicly and maybe it’s against the rules as well.

It showed actual times stamps of every part of his journey. It’s how they knew he stopped for 7 mins around the cricket nets and the 5 or so min journey into the scrub at cosy corner (for those that followed the case).

Actually there was an Under investigation episode done for Theo a few years back and Private Investigator Ken Gamble appeared on it. There was a split second where they showed Ken looking at the map on a screen, it shows some of the time stamps so I’ll attach a screen shot and the link to the episode for clarification.

It just shows that if they have the GPS digital data on SM, it will give a very accurate portrait of her journey on that day, most likely including time stamps.

JMO

Attachments

• 46EB2223-C9D3-4C40-BE06-1EA4F86F2C5E.jpeg
    46EB2223-C9D3-4C40-BE06-1EA4F86F2C5E.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 21
The actual map that the belgium police got from his gps data which was accessed by Theos mother was really in depth. I was lucky enough to have access to it and still do. However it’s just my opinion cos I don’t feel comfortable sharing publicly and maybe it’s against the rules as well.

It showed actual times stamps of every part of his journey. It’s how they knew he stopped for 7 mins around the cricket nets and the 5 or so min journey into the scrub at cosy corner (for those that followed the case).

Actually there was an Under investigation episode done for Theo a few years back and Private Investigator Ken Gamble appeared on it. There was a split second where they showed Ken looking at the map on a screen, it shows some of the time stamps so I’ll attach a screen shot and the link to the episode for clarification.

It just shows that if they have the GPS digital data on SM, it will give a very accurate portrait of her journey on that day, most likely including time stamps.

JMO

I don't think there is any doubt that GPS data would be timestamped. What I an not sure about is the interval between GPS data points. Is there a standard interval or can it vary. Maybe depending on the number of satellites and their geo locations?

I am guessing here but accuracy may be dependant on other location related data from cellular and WiFi signals. I seem to get more accurate google tacking maps when on overseas holidays when I have used a sim card instead of relying on just WiFi access.

In the case of SM, the cellular and WiFi data could be very lacking in comparison to Theo's case so not giving a comparable level of accuracy compared to Theo's case.

Last edited:
apologies if this has been discussed already .
I am confused about her watch and its location .

She was wearing her Apple Watch ( if CCTV shows her before leaving for run is correct date )

My understanding is that Apple Watches can be tracked to the last location before battery went dead for example using Find my device . But once the battery is dead you can’t and moved to new location they can’t be tracked .

Assuming police have the last location of the watch before the battery died .
So either :
- The watch & SM are still in that area and yet not found despite extensive search ?
- The watch was turned off and SM has been moved somewhere else
- Only the watch was in that area & hasn’t been discovered . Ie it’s been staged to look like she’s lost in the bush .
Am I missing something or getting it totally wrong ?

By the way...

How do Police know that there was a damaged car involved?

Maybe I missed something, the thread moves quickly.
Good question - are they just covering all possibilities
Or did they find evidence of damage ? Such as damage to tree .
Can’t help thinking that if a car hit SM there would be some dna and it would need to be on some sort of a track where cars could go - not thick bush .

If she was tracked by new phone data to that location with data like her speed getting there etc. Can Police track or least find out what other phones where in that vicinity at same time? I have done a fair bit of googling and not really found the answer. I may have read if a mobile is turned off it still pings every 8 hours can anyone confirm that?
Also, lets say her phone is found. Could that possibly have information showing a history of nearby devices, like through blutooth, that could then lead to finding that device, like the potential murderers device?

Also found this article about how mobile data has helped police crack cases:

If she was tracked by new phone data to that location with data like her speed getting there etc. Can Police track or least find out what other phones where in that vicinity at same time? I have done a fair bit of googling and not really found the answer. I may have read if a mobile is turned off it still pings every 8 hours can anyone confirm that?
Also, lets say her phone is found. Could that possibly have information showing a history of nearby devices, like through blutooth, that could then lead to finding that device, like the potential murderers device?

Also found this article about how mobile data has helped police crack cases:
I don’t know the answer to that .

But do you think her phone , Apple Watch are still on her ? I would have thought she would have been found ?

Or did the phone fall off her in a struggle & her body removed elsewhere ?
Or was she attacked elsewhere & phone / watch left there ?

Can’t help thinking that if a car hit SM there would be some dna and it would need to be on some sort of a track where cars could go - not thick bush .
Extracting tree sap during search (as shown) makes you wonder, why it might play a role in the investigation. Do they have an injured tree or do they have a damaged car, on which they are putting their suspions?

This has me thinking a lot as well. Sounds almost obvious they are referring to a hit, take and run, or the car already had damage. Or is it a red herring to make their suspects (if they have any) feel at ease by thinking police still haven't even nearly got me because there there was no damage to perpetrators car.
I just don't quite buy it that someone who want's to get away with a hit and run would put the body in the car. I'd assume they would just pick up any evidence of their car, possibly move her off road and just get out of there. Only thing that makes some sense is she wasn't dead yet and where taking her to hospital but she died on the way.

Extracting tree sap during search (as shown) makes you wonder, why it might play a role in the investigation. Do they have an injured tree or do they have a damaged car, on which they are putting their suspions?
Mmm interesting… to match plant material on a body as evidence of where the scene of crime .

I don’t know the answer to that .

But do you think her phone , Apple Watch are still on her ? I would have thought she would have been found ?

Or did the phone fall off her in a struggle & her body removed elsewhere ?
Or was she attacked elsewhere & phone / watch left there ?
You'd think well and truly destroyed by now so I guess my second question doesn't matter.
Still keen for someone knowledgeable in the area to answer how much info on other phones in vicinity at same time is possibly out there if any.

This has me thinking a lot as well. Sounds almost obvious they are referring to a hit, take and run, or the car already had damage. Or is it a red herring to make their suspects (if they have any) feel at ease by thinking police still haven't even nearly got me because there there was no damage to perpetrators car.
I just don't quite buy it that someone who want's to get away with a hit and run would put the body in the car. I'd assume they would just pick up any evidence of their car, possibly move her off road and just get out of there. Only thing that makes some sense is she wasn't dead yet and where taking her to hospital but she died on the way.
Yes it’s perplexing , maybe a red herring, police obviously don’t tell the public everything

Taking a tree sap negates a red herring IMO.
It does or an elaborate red herring. Why let the public and suspect know about tree sap so they can go just back and clean up any 'mistakes", or is that what the police want?..Whatever hit that tree could of been of been something else entirely even or too old etc.

It does or an elaborate red herring. Why let the public and suspect know about tree sap so they can go just back and clean up any 'mistakes", or is that what the police want?..Whatever hit that tree could of been of been something else entirely even or too old etc.

Provided that the perp/s watch/es the news avidly ;)

Last edited:
have police found any evidence of SM in the search area ? SM would have kept to the walking tracks & not run thru the bush .
Has there been found any signs of a struggle ? DNA , ? Personal property
Obviously police might have but aren’t informing us .
If there are no signs other than her phone pings maybe she was murdered somewhere else and her phone thrown in the bush to look like she has gone for a run .

Not sure of any statistics or history of people taking and hiding a body after a hit and run, but is it just me and doesn't sound right?
Provided that the perp/s watch the news avidly ;)
I'm no pro sleuth nor committed a (big) crime. If I did i'd either watch everything or if paranoid, nothing in fear I'm under surveilance.

have police found any evidence of SM in the search area ? SM would have kept to the walking tracks & not run thru the bush .
Has there been found any signs of a struggle ? DNA , ? Personal property
Obviously police might have but aren’t informing us .
If there are no signs other than her phone pings maybe she was murdered somewhere else and her phone thrown in the bush to look like she has gone for a run .
Real nice theory, apart from no phone has been found, that we've been told of anyway. Plus you would think they wouldn't want that phone found at all, but who knows what they where thinking. If I had to get rid of a phone I guess i'd probably just throw it in a public bin away from any cameras to be sure.

Real nice theory, apart from no phone has been found, that we've been told of anyway. Plus you would think they wouldn't want that phone found at all, but who knows what they were thinking. If I had to get rid of a phone I guess i'd probably just throw it in a public bin away from any cameras to be sure.
But if I wanted to make it look like she was ‘ lost in the bush ‘ throwing the phone in the bush knowing that it would ping could work and fit nicely with her running routine . Just saying ….

Lots of ideas in my head at the moment … I would hope the police are building a nice case …

Keeping in line is something you read and hear frequently and it's always meant in a caring, loving manner.

It's not demeaning, it shows the love for the person.
I've even read and heard it as said by a male partner, that his wife had kept him in line, always said with a smile and even a wink.
There are sayings that males say about their female partners. None is meant to demean the other
True TootiseFootsie, even my mother in law did all the books etc for husband work, we would say "Yep. She makes him to the line , but they are loving partners and worked together. If we needed help we knew she had our backs.
I have expressed Mr Shadow@light as my "Understanding Partner" it is expression of Affection and a joke between us, not as if he has to put up with me, or I mean it in a nasty way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214