Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While not directly stated, Superintendent Hatt suggested police believed whoever helped Ms Murphy disappear had specifically targeted her.

'We have no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anyone else,' he said.

so theyve already inspected some vehicles?.......

The results of that line of inquiry would not be discussed.

Nor would he say what vehicles had been searched or where they had been obtained from.

Well the first vehicles to be searched would surely belong to family members …

While not directly stated, Superintendent Hatt suggested police believed whoever helped Ms Murphy disappear had specifically targeted her.

'We have no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anyone else,' he said.

So not some random psychopath?

This could also indicate an accident. Risk to nobody else does not = targeted attack.

“In these sort of circumstances, the victim has no secrets,” Sly told Ross and Russ.

The Search For Samantha Murphy tonight on UNDER INVESTIGATION With Liz Hayes

Speculation outlaw motorcycle gangs were customers of the shop have swirled among the Ballarat community since the 51-year-old vanished.

The Ballarat community is no stranger to bikie violence, with a senior Bandidos member shot at its clubhouse during the club's national run just months ago

The motor shop's website describes itself as Ballarat's 'preferred choice for smash repairs' and has developed a 'strong reputation over 60 years'.

Ms Murphy is listed as the head of administration and 'backbone' of the office, with her roles including 'keeping Mick in check'.

From the beginning, before the extended family talked about the possibility of a stalker/someone fixated on SM, this was my sense of what has happened to her. After a few days, when LE/reporters and the family made oblique references about possible violence orders/disputes within wider relationships (possible altercation at the hospitality venue, "being strong", stalker, LE stating no risk to others), this reinforced this possibility to me. While a deliberate attempt to make her disappear seems like a movie, or even a 'production', it was definitely planned. I can't shake the feeling that somehow MM or LE were already aware of some element of risk so it makes me think it is connected to the existing AVO. I think in an earlier post I had implied the 10am meet up may have been recorded (tapped?) which is pure speculation but this information was drip-fed to us e.g. first it was 11am then there was this new meeting at 10. Whomever or whatever this 10am meeting related to is definitely key + the person/s connected with any AVO.

More information is being slowly drip fed.

Police were asking the public if they saw a vehicle with damage that morning in the vicinity of Mt Clear. Perhaps checking if somebody used a car from the panel beating business (that was awaiting repair) to commit this crime. Perhaps number plates were removed, crime committed and car returned to the business with the actual owner unaware that their vehicle has been used in a major crime?

As has been speculated for a few weeks now, Police now have a major focus on the business. I have read at least half a dozen mentions of bikie related as well.

In many cases, a suspect or person of interest can have an airtight alibi for the actual time of a crime. They set this up in advance knowing they will be a suspect when the deed is done. Police need to then untangle the web to see if they may have paid someone else to make a person disappear, payment may have been made months earlier.

IMO Police believe this has been well planned and is not a random accident or abduction.

Looks like the Daily Mail trying to build headlines out of Fridays press conference. I’m really looking forward to watching Under Investigation tonight to see if they reveal anything new.
Yes, the Daily Mail takes the prize for sensationalism with their headlines. Of course, the family business is a place of interest as is every other aspect of Sam's life. The police wouldn't be doing their job unless they covered EVERY aspect.

"It is believed she reached the Mount Clear area about an hour after she left home about 7am"

This doesn't tie up with her running/jogging. IMO

The corner of Boundary/Recreation Road Mt Clear would take 1hr 12minutes if walking. So if she was running/jogging she should have got there a lot earlier than 8.00am (1 hour after setting off from her home).JMO

So does that mean she reached maybe Boak Road Mt Clear - just a bit further down the road by 8.00am (possibly moving the last part of her journey in a car) JMO

Just trying to make the times work - if it's narrowed down to 1 hour after leaving home at 7.00 and being at Mt Clear by 8.00am. MOO

From the beginning, before the extended family talked about the possibility of a stalker/someone fixated on SM, this was my sense of what has happened to her. After a few days, when LE/reporters and the family made oblique references about possible violence orders/disputes within wider relationships (possible altercation at the hospitality venue, "being strong", stalker, LE stating no risk to others), this reinforced this possibility to me. While a deliberate attempt to make her disappear seems like a movie, or even a 'production', it was definitely planned. I can't shake the feeling that somehow MM or LE were already aware of some element of risk so it makes me think it is connected to the existing AVO. I think in an earlier post I had implied the 10am meet up may have been recorded (tapped?) which is pure speculation but this information was drip-fed to us e.g. first it was 11am then there was this new meeting at 10. Whomever or whatever this 10am meeting related to is definitely key + the person/s connected with any AVO.

It is only the uncle who has said there was an appointment at 10am, isn't it?

The police said there was an 11am brunch.

Along with "half the repeaters being down that day", I am not sure that the uncle had the whole story or his facts straight. He seems understandably upset that his niece has disappeared.

I mean, the aunt said ..... “You’d think the police dogs would have been able to pick up her scent. They should have been able to pick up where she ran into that forest.” Link
And we now know that Sam did go to Mt Clear on foot.

Maybe we will know more tonight, after the Under Investigation show. Hopefully they will reiterate the confirmed facts of the case.

imo

It is only the uncle who has said there was an appointment at 10am, isn't it?

The police said there was an 11am brunch.

Along with "half the repeaters being down that day", I am not sure that the uncle had the whole story or his facts straight. He seems understandably upset that his niece has disappeared.

I mean, the aunt said ..... “You’d think the police dogs would have been able to pick up her scent. They should have been able to pick up where she ran into that forest.” Link
And we now know that Sam did go to Mt Clear on foot.

Maybe we will know more tonight, after the Under Investigation show. Hopefully they will reiterate the confirmed facts of the case.

imo

@SouthAussie - i'm not sure about the 10am thing but you may be right - it might just be one less reliable report. It is easy for these things to then take a life of their own (as you can see from the headline "business major part of investigation" headline a few posts back .....with no new info......using the same wording from Hatt in a disingenuous way.

Yup, will be watching with great interest.

More information is being slowly drip fed.

Police were asking the public if they saw a vehicle with damage that morning in the vicinity of Mt Clear. Perhaps checking if somebody used a car from the panel beating business (that was awaiting repair) to commit this crime. Perhaps number plates were removed, crime committed and car returned to the business with the actual owner unaware that their vehicle has been used in a major crime?

As has been speculated for a few weeks now, Police now have a major focus on the business. I have read at least half a dozen mentions of bikie related as well.

In many cases, a suspect or person of interest can have an airtight alibi for the actual time of a crime. They set this up in advance knowing they will be a suspect when the deed is done. Police need to then untangle the web to see if they may have paid someone else to make a person disappear, payment may have been made months earlier.

IMO Police believe this has been well planned and is not a random accident or abduction.

I have a question.

If such a car was indeed used and then returned,

what about DNA???

Of victim and the perp/s.

I mean, the vehicle must be saturated with it.

JMO

I think if that was the case, they would have picked up evidence by now of some type.

The car could have already been damaged prior

I am sure tyre tracks marks would have been examined by police around the Mt Clear area

And possibly taken off the vehicle as well

Tyre tracks - the dental records of the vehicle !
(plus that tree sap)

Wow lots here that I haven’t heard - maybe I am reading the wrong news sites

If this is correct it does look like a very personal killing .

- AVO against someone who has been violent or threatened violence -a partner /ex - partner /family member
- altercation that happened at the dinner - culminating in an attack later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member