Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately most women are killed by someone close to them .
Just look at home women have been killed this year already by partners or ex partners
I know :(
Lucky I'm not a Police detective.

IMOO

If you follow that track of thinking it is someone she knows ( taking into consideration, AVO , alleged altercation at dinner night before , someone she knows )

I can see 2 scenarios - based on women being most vulnerable to violence when they leave a r/ship

1. She was meeting with ex- partner ( or obsessed friend ) to end it - and violence occurs.
2. She was planning to end current r/ship

I think other scenarios ( bikes , kidnap , ) less likely .

IMOO

If you follow that track of thinking it is someone she knows ( taking into consideration, AVO , alleged altercation at dinner night before , someone she knows )

I can see 2 scenarios - based on women being most vulnerable to violence when they leave a r/ship

1. She was meeting with ex- partner ( or obsessed friend ) to end it - and violence occurs.
2. She was planning to end current r/ship

I think other scenarios ( bikes , kidnap , ) less likely .

But surely this person would be the 1st to be x-rayed by Police, no?

What about alibi?

Would AVO be at the family dinner???

No. I don't wonder why. It is not unusual for the police to ask family and friends to not speak with the media while they are working on an active case. imo
Of course.

Everyone would be treated as suspicious

Police don't want information getting out, these perpetrators could be known to the family

It could put some people in danger knowing too much

Police believe this was a targeted attack on Samantha

There are so many possibilities, we don't know if drugs could come into the picture

And this could be a lot bigger

Of course.

Everyone would be treated as suspicious

Police don't want information getting out, these perpetrators could be known to the family

It could put some people in danger knowing too much

Police believe this was a targeted attack on Samantha

There are so many possibilities, we don't know if drugs could come into the picture

And this could be a lot bigger

I suspect drugs too.
Maybe even somebody addicted.

JMO

Yes it’s perplexing , maybe a red herring, police obviously don’t tell the public everything
Good points. But lets look at it from another angle. What if a vehicle was travelling at speed on a dirt road and came upon same jogging suddenly. The vehicle swerves and tries to miss Sam but doesn't, lose control hit a tree. Then realise Sam is gone, now they have a damged vehicle and know that someone will see said vehicle with damage. That could be one reason to remove ALL evidence and transport the evidence away. JMO

But surely this person would be the 1st to be x-rayed by Police, no?

What about alibi?

Would AVO be at the family dinner???
They might be building case - more evidence. - they need to make it stick . In the Baden -Clay case they pretty much knew it was him from moment police turned up and saw scratch marks on his face - yet it wasn’t till they had retrieved her body did they charge him ( if my memory is right )

Avo perp could have turned up at dinner ? When meeting next day was arranged as appeasement?
Or he was part of the dinner party .

While not directly stated, Superintendent Hatt suggested police believed whoever helped Ms Murphy disappear had specifically targeted her.

'We have no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anyone else,' he said.

I don't agree that you can draw the conclusion 'targeted attack' from the statement 'no evidence of risk to anyone else'.

I do not believe police will deliberately sow panic in the general public, just because they are not sure what happened in a case.

JMO

Good points. But lets look at it from another angle. What if a vehicle was travelling at speed on a dirt road and came upon same jogging suddenly. The vehicle swerves and tries to miss Sam but doesn't, lose control hit a tree. Then realise Sam is gone, now they have a damged vehicle and know that someone will see said vehicle with damage. That could be one reason to remove ALL evidence and transport the evidence away. JMO
They would've found signs of a crash and most runners keep aware of cars . The perp could've been known to her and they beeped a horn and she stopped for them and they could've accidentally ran her down or it was a deliberate action. That scenario would explain a broken watch moments after her life ended.

Good point - but I am assuming she was running on the path where her phone last pinged . Is it a path that cars could use

They would've found signs of a crash and most runners keep aware of cars . The perp could've been known to her and they beeped a horn and she stopped for them and they could've accidentally ran her down or it was a deliberate action. That scenario would explain a broken watch moments after her life ended.
Is the watch broken ?

Could she be running away from perp ?
They are in car , ( either by force or not ) he drives to secluded spot , she jumps out to escape , he runs her over . Throws watch / phone in bush . Takes body elsewhere .

I just think if she was hit with car - wouldn’t there be blood and lots of damage to car . Yes you could respray if you had access to the shop - but how do you get rid of the blood ?

And of course the big question where is her body ? That would answer lots of questions .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills