Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@SouthAussie - i'm not sure about the 10am thing but you may be right - it might just be one less reliable report. It is easy for these things to then take a life of their own (as you can see from the headline "business major part of investigation" headline a few posts back .....with no new info......using the same wording from Hatt in a disingenuous way.

Yup, will be watching with great interest.

Well, the uncle got his information from his brother. Chinese Whispers ... where information gets distorted as it is passed along? Maybe. imo

Allan obtained the information directly from his brother John Robson, who he maintains regular contact with. Link

Can someone please provide the source for a possible altercation at the dinner venue the night before.
My understanding of the press conference where a hospitality venue was mentioned, was that the journo's comment actually referred to the ongoing search AT the golf club that day - not an incident the day before.

It is only the uncle who has said there was an appointment at 10am, isn't it?

The police said there was an 11am brunch.

Along with "half the repeaters being down that day", I am not sure that the uncle had the whole story or his facts straight. He seems understandably upset that his niece has disappeared.

I mean, the aunt said ..... “You’d think the police dogs would have been able to pick up her scent. They should have been able to pick up where she ran into that forest.” Link
And we now know that Sam did go to Mt Clear on foot.

Maybe we will know more tonight, after the Under Investigation show. Hopefully they will reiterate the confirmed facts of the case.

imo
From what has been reported - if it is to be believed - family members seem frustrated with elements of the investigation moving slowly - as if to them , it is obvious who has done this - they know the perp

From what has been reported - if it is to be believed - family members seem frustrated with elements of the investigation moving slowly - as if to them , it is obvious who has done this - they know the perp

The uncle ...... "He wondered if because she went for a morning run so regularly, she could have been stalked by someone who knew her routine.
A possible motive could have been a robbery that went awry, he told the Mail, as it may have been known that the Murphys were financially secure."

Moo...I don't know much about what 4 wheel autos are in Australia, but there seems to be lots of bush bombing areas out there.
4 wheeling is popular in the area of Canada I am in. Lots of logging roads and 4 wheel only trails to nowhere. So stolen and unwanted autos get dumped out there. Usually they are heavily damaged from bush bombing by the time they are dumped. But sometimes high end autos end up out there, invariably burnt completely. The owner has damaged it, but not badly enough for body shop will declare it written off. So owner says auto stolen, then it is quickly found all burnt up.Then the owner can get full pay out. That just happened here recently with a hummer.
They say they are looking for a damaged auto. So it could be something to do with insurance pay outs. But I don't know Australian insurance rules.

Re the Business again :rolleyes:

It ties with soooo many motives:

- money
- possible illegal activities
- possible envy of rivals
- possible quarrels
workers vs management
workers/management vs customers
- possible kidnapping for ransom (money again)
(as SM was running alone she might have been an easy target)

JMO

Good points - if SM was hit by a car or attacked then taken away in a car - have they found any evidence of a struggle or a car accident.? They might have but haven’t released it to the general public

I am thinking she was killed somewhere else ?
The police might have some witnesses that were walking or bike riding in that area at the time, who could have seen something, and could have given a good description and reported it

But this would be treated highly confidential

Wow lots here that I haven’t heard - maybe I am reading the wrong news sites

If this is correct it does look like a very personal killing .

- AVO against someone who has been violent or threatened violence -a partner /ex - partner /family member
- altercation that happened at the dinner - culminating in an attack later
@PolyDot - I'm using websleuths because you all find good stuff !

The info on avo and community discussion of possible altercation (I said possible) was via the article referenced here:

@blushcherry - the altercation obliquely referenced in above linked article. I agree, the "movements prior to her disappearance" question from the journo on press conference #1 (female LE) did seem to relate to the day of disappearance, however questions from other journos at later press conferences (the next one with Hatt and another male LE) - I believe - asked this again and framed it as though it related to the dinner the night prior to disappearance. Happy to say that none of this is confirmed which is why I explained it is JMO

- money
- possible quarrels
workers vs management

JMO
There will be a motive

As well as

Love triangle
Divorce / lose his business, possibly his house and children
life insurance

- money
- possible quarrels
workers vs management

JMO
friendship/family dysfunction :(

The uncle ...... "He wondered if because she went for a morning run so regularly, she could have been stalked by someone who knew her routine.
A possible motive could have been a robbery that went awry, he told the Mail, as it may have been known that the Murphys were financially secure."

Not many people carry large amounts of cash on them when running , and no evidence of kidnapping extortion

Not many people carry large amounts of cash on them when running , and no evidence of kidnapping extortion

My reason for posting that info is because I was replying to your post which said about the family members .... it is obvious who has done this - they know the perp.

When the uncle and aunt are speculating on a stalker or someone who was after the Murphys money, it doesn't seem to me that they know who the perp is.

imo

My reason for posting that info is because I was replying to your post which said about the family members .... it is obvious who has done this - they know the perp.

When the uncle and aunt are speculating on a stalker or someone who was after the Murphys money, it doesn't seem to me that they know the perp.

imo
Ok , sure I understand your comment now , sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members