Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True TootiseFootsie, even my mother in law did all the books etc for husband work, we would say "Yep. She makes him to the line , but they are loving partners and worked together. If we needed help we knew she had our backs.
I have expressed Mr Shadow@light as my "Understanding Partner" it is expression of Affection and a joke between us, not as if he has to put up with me, or I mean it in a nasty way.

It reminds me of an old saying from my country:

"Man is the head of the house
But
Woman is a neck that moves this head."
:D

"Samantha Murphy:

Family's smash repairs business in Ballarat

is a major focus in police investigation."

Not sure of any statistics or history of people taking and hiding a body after a hit and run, but is it just me and doesn't sound right?

I'm no pro sleuth nor committed a (big) crime. If I did i'd either watch everything or if paranoid, nothing in fear I'm under surveilance.

Hiding/taking the body after hit and run IMO makes sense if the car / driver was already engaged in something illegal, driving unlicensed, drunk or reckless driving, speeding, illegal drag racing, a drug run? Or if the offender was out on parole or already on the police radar for something else, and desparately needs to stay out of trouble.

It doesn’t make much sense if it was a stolen car as police would not quickly be able to trace the car involved in the incident to the driver - the thief would likely just do a runner and leave it all behind, car and victim, in the bush. Why do thieves like to burn stolen cars though? Just for fun, or to hide their DNA and avoid conviction for car theft?

The hospital theory is plausible, a change of heart enroute…

A more morbid version might be if the victim ended up on top of the hood or roof of the car, clinging on for dear life for a while, or came through the window, or fell into a Ute (pickup) tray etc.

One other thing I thought of - SMs friend interviewed on Ch 7 (linked earlier) said words to the effect “SM is sensible, she would have run in the shade”. If so perhaps harder for a fast joyriding/racing car to see SM, coming around a corner at speed, perhaps no time to avoid a collision and no time for SM to take evasive action. Perhaps two cars racing side by side, making even harder for all to take evasive action. Maybe leading to one hitting a tree? IMO

Last edited:
Hiding/taking the body after hit and run IMO makes sense if the car / driver was already engaged in something illegal, driving unlicensed, drunk or reckless driving, speeding, illegal drag racing, a drug run? Or if the offender was out on parole or already on the police radar for something else, and desparately needs to stay out of trouble.

It doesn’t make much sense if it was a stolen car as police would not quickly be able to trace the car involved in the incident to the driver - the thief would likely just do a runner and leave it all behind, car and victim, in the bush. Why do thieves like to burn stolen cars though? Just for fun, or to hide their DNA and avoid conviction for car theft?

The hospital theory is plausible, a change of heart enroute…

A more morbid version might be if the victim ended up on top of the hood or roof of the car, clinging on for dear life for a while, or came through the window, or fell into a Ute (pickup) tray etc.

One other thing I thought of - SMs friend interviewed on Ch 7 (linked earlier) said words to the effect “SM is sensible, she would have run in the shade”. If so perhaps harder for a fast joyriding/racing car to see SM, coming around a corner at speed, perhaps no time to avoid a collision and no time for SM to take evasive action. Perhaps two cars racing side by side, making even harder for all to take evasive action. Maybe leading to one hitting a tree? IMO

If she was taken by car,
I guess her DNA is all over the vehicle.

What is this "hospital theory"???
That she was knocked by a car and at first perp/s wanted to take her to hospital?

Last edited:
This has me thinking a lot as well. Sounds almost obvious they are referring to a hit, take and run, or the car already had damage. Or is it a red herring to make their suspects (if they have any) feel at ease by thinking police still haven't even nearly got me because there there was no damage to perpetrators car.
I just don't quite buy it that someone who want's to get away with a hit and run would put the body in the car. I'd assume they would just pick up any evidence of their car, possibly move her off road and just get out of there. Only thing that makes some sense is she wasn't dead yet and where taking her to hospital but she died on the way.
Hi Dotta, this is the hospital theory I must have linked the wrong post.

I guess, without a body,
Police cannot be exactly sure what happened.
Or if Samantha is dead or alive.
Chances that she is still alive are very slim but...
Who knows?

I also think that if the body is found, Police might obtain DNA of the perp/s.

But, of course, time of discovery is of essence.

I'm afraid the the search will take a long time.
And that she might eventually be found purely by chance -
as it happens with people who are discovered by hikers, dog walkers, etc.

JMO

DBM - oops wrong thread!

Last edited:

"Samantha Murphy:

Family's smash repairs business in Ballarat

is a major focus in police investigation."

Looks like the Daily Mail trying to build headlines out of Fridays press conference. I’m really looking forward to watching Under Investigation tonight to see if they reveal anything new.

The actual map that the belgium police got from his gps data which was accessed by Theos mother was really in depth. I was lucky enough to have access to it and still do. However it’s just my opinion cos I don’t feel comfortable sharing publicly and maybe it’s against the rules as well.

It showed actual times stamps of every part of his journey. It’s how they knew he stopped for 7 mins around the cricket nets and the 5 or so min journey into the scrub at cosy corner (for those that followed the case).

Actually there was an Under investigation episode done for Theo a few years back and Private Investigator Ken Gamble appeared on it. There was a split second where they showed Ken looking at the map on a screen, it shows some of the time stamps so I’ll attach a screen shot and the link to the episode for clarification.

It just shows that if they have the GPS digital data on SM, it will give a very accurate portrait of her journey on that day, most likely including time stamps.

JMO

Theo's case is very close to my heart, I was across the road at the Rails the night he disappeared and it was a bitterly cold night for this area. The case is baffling but was a real eye opener with what precise gps info can be accessed from a phone. I'm forever hopeful we find out what happened to beautiful Theo.

Looks like the Daily Mail trying to build headlines out of Fridays press conference. I’m really looking forward to watching Under Investigation tonight to see if they reveal anything new.
Yep.
You are 100% right IMO.

I'm starting to think it is business related.

Somebody was watching her.
And pounced when she was vulnerable and alone.

Somebody ruthless and determined to "silence" her.

I also doubt she is there, in the bush.
I bet body of water or a mine shaft.

JMO

My personal theory is that a local-enough <modsnip - namecalling> in a car has accidentally hit and killed SM. They may or may not have been under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, up to no good, or otherwise already in trouble legally. (Motive to hide her once hit). Two people in the car (police stated potentially multiple parties - I think this was deliberate, to spook the suspects. I also think this is why Major Collisions was involved, and why they said to look for damaged cars. Again, to spook them.)
Being <modsnip - namecalling> they've panicked, discussed, and dumped her somewhere outside of Ballarat (actual bush - not Buninyong area).
I think they've been marinating in their panic ever since. Police have possibly got vision of cars entering/exiting the area on various home security cams, public/council/traffic cameras and dashcams and narrowed down a list of potential perpetrators (as in the Carol Clay, Russell Hill case).
I could be completely wrong but I don't think there's a bikie connection, a disgruntled customer, or some other money conspiracy. Or a professional hit. I always think we need to look for the horses not the zebras in these cases. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal theory is that a local-enough <modsnip - namecalling>in a car has accidentally hit and killed SM. They may or may not have been under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, up to no good, or otherwise already in trouble legally. (Motive to hide her once hit). Two people in the car (police stated potentially multiple parties - I think this was deliberate, to spook the suspects. I also think this is why Major Collisions was involved, and why they said to look for damaged cars. Again, to spook them.)
Being <modsnip - namecalling>, they've panicked, discussed, and dumped her somewhere outside of Ballarat (actual bush - not Buninyong area).
I think they've been marinating in their panic ever since. Police have possibly got vision of cars entering/exiting the area on various home security cams, public/council/traffic cameras and dashcams and narrowed down a list of potential perpetrators (as in the Carol Clay, Russell Hill case).
I could be completely wrong but I don't think there's a bikie connection, a disgruntled customer, or some other money conspiracy. Or a professional hit. I always think we need to look for the horses not the zebras in these cases. MOO
Yes.
It is one of my theories too.

To think of it,
I have a theory for each and every scenario :rolleyes:

But...
Guess what?

We all might be surprised in the end :oops:

To second my post, I also think this was a complete stranger because no (smart) person would deliberately murder someone with commitments/appointments 2 hours later. I believe MM would've been aware of these commitments that morning and has absolutely nothing to do with it. For a premeditated murder, I'm sure there would be ample opportunities to do it when SM wouldn't be missed for several more hours to a full work day. This affirms to me the 'panicked accident from a stranger' theory.

By the way...

How do Police know that there was a damaged car involved?

Maybe I missed something, the thread moves quickly.
“I encourage anyone who does have information that could be relevant to this investigation – whether that’s a person or vehicle seen in the area on that day, something unusual such as a damaged vehicle or property – to please come forward and speak to police or provide the information via Crime Stoppers.

My personal theory is that a local-enough <modsnip - namecalling> in a car has accidentally hit and killed SM. They may or may not have been under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, up to no good, or otherwise already in trouble legally. (Motive to hide her once hit). Two people in the car (police stated potentially multiple parties - I think this was deliberate, to spook the suspects. I also think this is why Major Collisions was involved, and why they said to look for damaged cars. Again, to spook them.)
Being <modsnip - namecalling>, they've panicked, discussed, and dumped her somewhere outside of Ballarat (actual bush - not Buninyong area).
That’s one of my theories also - hit & run

and I agree I don’t think it is a hit man , bikies gang etc .

Never hear that saying ‘ looking for the horses not the zebras ‘ but totally agree ..

With regard to the speculation about it taking SM longer than expected to run 7km, it is also possible that SM ran that 7km at her usual pace and remained in the one spot for some time before her phone was last detected pinging there.

With regard to police asking for footage of damaged vehicles, I think it is viable that they are investigating the possibility that SM was hit by a car.
Apparently the Vic Major Collision Investigation Unit were involved in Friday’s search.

“While the 'targeted search', which oddly included members of Victoria Police's Major Collision Investigation Unit, turned-up nothing, it provided headline news across the country that day.”
I think if that was the case, they would have picked up evidence by now of some type.

The car could have already been damaged prior

I am sure tyre tracks marks would have been examined by police around the Mt Clear area

And possibly taken off the vehicle as well

so theyve already inspected some vehicles?.......

The results of that line of inquiry would not be discussed.

Nor would he say what vehicles had been searched or where they had been obtained from.

I think if that was the case, they would have picked up evidence by now of some type.

The car could have already been damaged prior

I am sure tyre tracks marks would have been examined by police around the Mt Clear area

And possibly taken off the vehicle as well
Good points - if SM was hit by a car or attacked then taken away in a car - have they found any evidence of a struggle or a car accident.? They might have but haven’t released it to the general public

I am thinking she was killed somewhere else ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member