Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder if LE or some agency can file some kind of request to preserve the data while they are trying to get an order to produce it.

Australia's metadata retention law says the telecomms providers must retain metadata for at least two years.

The law was introduced (I think) around 2015. It was initially introduced to preserve chains of potential evidence in terrorism-related incidents. The Lindt siege in Sydney had happened the prior year.

imo

ETA:
The advice of law enforcement and security agencies is that a data retention period of 2 years is necessary to investigate complex and serious criminal matters. Most requests made by these agencies relate to straightforward and simple cases, which can be solved using data which is less than 6 months old. However, complex and serious cases—including many terrorism, espionage, organised crime, financial crime and public corruption cases—often involve lengthy investigations that require data older than 6 months.

Data retention obligations

Last edited:
NED-11358-Samantha-Murphy-missing-map_h4Hwbagaxt.jpg

I can’t even tell from this map exactly where they are looking. Like what roads?

This is why some of us believe the health data shows evidence of Sam’s health declining post some sort of incident and hence the reason for this language.

Health data could show her pulse rate/ breathing spike then dramatically slow and because she hasn’t sought medical attention, that could be the reason for their language.

Or they could be basing it on statistics where people who go missing in suspicious circumstances aren’t found alive after 4 weeks ‍♂️
This is no average person though ... her energy levels, determination, intelligence and resilience to be able to juggle the zillion things she has going on in her life are stellar. I reckon if there is anyone capable of getting herself through a seriously life threatening experience, it's Sam. GO SAM!

Wish I was a police detective ..

I would have had the husband and or any very close relative with access to her movements volunteered over access to their ;

Phone

Fingernails

Clothing

Jewellery

Car

…as soon as she went missing..like in the first few hours.

Just in case.

Assume the worst hope for the best.

This could have been done in the guise “to eliminate him/her” asap.

Their reaction to this request would also give a good indication of their involvement.

However it looks like a professional hit.

So I think it may be down to the phone comms between those involved.

I don’t care how “quiet” you are…

The lack of public press interviews /requests for information by the husband speaks volumes.

One thing to note that Australia does well. We tried to register prepay SIM cards from New Zealand and couldn’t - turns out you need to provide your passport or Australian drivers license to do so. The passport must show that you’re currently in Australia to set up a sim.

Here in NZ, anyone can go to a gas station or shop and buy a SIM card for $5 and connect it without any verification or ID.

If vic pol locate pings from mobiles, the telco will be able to provide details on who registered the SIM card for use.

In NZ, this would not be possible.

I finally have a -- not theory, but a guess.

I think it's somebody who lives or works along her running route--I would not rule out students/teachers/staff at what appeared to be a community college near Mt. Clear.

I think he had been noticing and fantasizing about her for a while, at least a few days and maybe weeks or even months.

I think on Sunday he just reached out, grabbed her, and dragged her into his car or yard. It would only have taken a few seconds.

If he works in the area, she's probably somewhere between his work location and wherever he lives. If he lives nearby, I think she's still there, probably in a shed or garage or even in the trunk of a car that he doesn't drive very often.

I finally have a -- not theory, but a guess.

I think it's somebody who lives or works along her running route--I would not rule out students/teachers/staff at what appeared to be a community college near Mt. Clear.

I think he had been noticing and fantasizing about her for a while, at least a few days and maybe weeks or even months.

I think on Sunday he just reached out, grabbed her, and dragged her into his car or yard. It would only have taken a few seconds.

If he works in the area, she's probably somewhere between his work location and wherever he lives. If he lives nearby, I think she's still there, probably in a shed or garage or even in the trunk of a car that he doesn't drive very often.
Motive? Just a depraved sicko?

One thing to note that Australia does well. We tried to register prepay SIM cards from New Zealand and couldn’t - turns out you need to provide your passport or Australian drivers license to do so. The passport must show that you’re currently in Australia to set up a sim.

Here in NZ, anyone can go to a gas station or shop and buy a SIM card for $5 and connect it without any verification or ID.

If vic pol locate pings from mobiles, the telco will be able to provide details on who registered the SIM card for use.

In NZ, this would not be possible.

Burner phones don't exist in most Europe too.
Certainly not in my country - Poland.

To get a SIM card, a person must provide personal data showing ID card.

One can buy prepaid phones, but only with giving personal details.

Fairly obvious search area from the looks.View attachment 487818
What do you think they are looking for - now - that they didn't see before during these searches?

Is this a more concentrated look in particular an area?? Seemingly before or above Mt Clear??

Are they looking for a burnt out car? Or Scrub area that has been significantly disturbed?

Wish I was a police detective ..

I would have had the husband and or any very close relative with access to her movements volunteered over access to their ;

Phone

Fingernails

Clothing

Jewellery

Car

…as soon as she went missing..like in the first few hours.

Just in case.

Assume the worst hope for the best.

This could have been done in the guise “to eliminate him/her” asap.

Their reaction to this request would also give a good indication of their involvement.

However it looks like a professional hit.

So I think it may be down to the phone comms between those involved.

I don’t care how “quiet” you are…

The lack of public press interviews /requests for information by the husband speaks volumes.
I don't read anything into family lack of presser. It is quite normal that police ask them not to speak. That is why we've heard nothing from fam since Aunt and Uncle spoke. Police haven't spoken either. Could be that police don't want possible charges to be jeopardised in any way.

What do you think they are looking for - now - that they didn't see before during these searches?

Is this a more concentrated look in particular an area?? Seemingly before or above Mt Clear??

Are they looking for a burnt out car? Or Scrub area that has been significantly disturbed?
Love the photo of VicPol path. Looks like my grandson's scribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member