Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With many random rapists and attackers over the years, quite often the motive seems to be just that they felt like it. :(

Re Clean up Australia day which happened the day before Samantha went missing.
It would be more of a worry if it happened after she went missing.
I believe Clean up Australia Day in the Canadian Forest was yesterday, not the day before Sam went missing (edited to add photo, nothing The Courier published the wrong year underneath the photo)

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_112809.jpg
    IMG_20240304_112809.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 4
As a side note, I saw the front cover of New Idea in the supermarket earlier and there was a photo of one of our "celebrity chefs/Tv personalities" (Miguel) with a caption "My wife keeps me in line" (similar to how Sam/MM are described on the business website)

Re harder get to get a burner phone.
Like a lot of things, you don't know everything right from the beginning, but learn as you go along.
It's the same with authorities of any kind.

I don't believe there is any one invention or idea that hasn't been tinkered with over time, when the need became clear.
And as time goes by things come up that may not even have been dreamed of when the invention or idea first came out.

It's only after awhile that the authorities realised they needed to know who was using what mobile phone.
It's like banking, once upon a time they''d send you a ready to go credit card randomly when you weren't even a customer.
I received some way back. These days from what I've read it's much harder.

Last edited:
Yeah basically
I used to have a similar theory for a long time and thought he might keep her alive to do awful stuff to her (makes me feel really distressed and dizzy to contemplate that) but now I am hoping for an idiot who didn't quite know how to manage a kidnapping and ransom process but who isn't a killer. He is a mess not knowing what to do next. I have given him some advice above ... Australia is a big place for going on the run and he should let Sam go first. She will find a farmhouse and get help and survive this.

NED-11358-Samantha-Murphy-missing-map_h4Hwbagaxt.jpg

Thank you for sharing the map. The North and South search areas having no overlap with the central two suggests vehicle may have been thought to be involved with those respectively IMO.

I have no leading theory any more.
IMO
it could have been
random/premeditated/
business/family/kidnapping for money -
take your pick.

Now I'm patiently waiting for Police's work results.

And hope against hope that Samantha is still alive.

JMO

Toowong(s)- my sentiments exactly. Adding to your post… Omg, have they REALLY NOT DONE THIS YET?
Toowong(s) said:
Disappointing the police haven’t been doing this since Day 1?! WTF

IMO, I think this is positive news. Why, police only release information to the media/ public when there’s a reason. I believe that this information has already been requested and now they’re bugged POI’s and awaiting their response from this media release.
Hopefully these POIs discuss having their phone in the vicinity on the day, get nervous, start blabbering, all while the police are listening with interest.

Otherwise police wouldn’t release this information, it serves no purpose.

I'm hoping against hope that Samantha is still alive.

I still haven't ruled out that she may have run off either to escape someone, or avoid a snake and fallen down one of those mine shafts.
I have my doubts that all of the shafts/holes have been covered and that some covers may not have rotted or rusted away.

Toowong(s) said:
Disappointing the police haven’t been doing this since Day 1?! WTF

IMO, I think this is positive news. Why, police only release information to the media/ public when there’s a reason. I believe that this information has already been requested and now they’re bugged POI’s and awaiting their response from this media release.
Hopefully these POIs discuss having their phone in the vicinity on the day, get nervous, start blabbering, all while the police are listening with interest.

Otherwise police wouldn’t release this information, it serves no purpose.

I think again, police know who is involved
But still need some finishing touches to make it concrete

This will be to put pressure on the perpetrators and possibly others who know but are keeping quiet, maybe worried for their safety

The police will not confirm the time for the last ping, as that's important in the time frame

I have no leading theory any more.
IMO
it could have been
random/premeditated/
business/family/kidnapping for money -
take your pick.

Now I'm patiently waiting for Police's work results.

And hope against hope that Samantha is still alive.

JMO
I have a special candle burning for Sam. Sometimes it looks weak and that it might go out any minute but then it suddenly goes berserk and has a really strong flame.

And no curtains within cooee ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members