Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have to be something fairly large.

Maybe outbuildings or bodies of water that aren't obvious on a map? Piles of tree limbs and other rubbish?
They're probably filming hi rez & infra red cams too. They did a similar search a couple of weeks ago, maybe they're looking for anything thats changed?

Wish I was a police detective ..

I would have had the husband and or any very close relative with access to her movements volunteered over access to their ;

Phone

Fingernails

Clothing

Jewellery

Car

…as soon as she went missing..like in the first few hours.

Just in case.

Assume the worst hope for the best.

This could have been done in the guise “to eliminate him/her” asap.

Their reaction to this request would also give a good indication of their involvement.

However it looks like a professional hit.

So I think it may be down to the phone comms between those involved.

I don’t care how “quiet” you are…

The lack of public press interviews /requests for information by the husband speaks volumes.
The best people are on this job IMO. Vicpol Missing Persons Squad are excellent, methodical and dedicated.

The audio in this link is worth a listen, crime writer John Sylvester talks about the MPS.

It sounds like one of the detectives working this case is Samantha Russell. Samantha is an awesome detective, dedicated and dogged.
She was involved in the investigation of missing woman Kelly Zhang. There was media interest in the case at the time although there may not have been much coverage out of Victoria.

Here's an article about Det. Samantha Russell and her work on the Kelly Zhang case.

"Russell is everything you want to see in a modern cop. Smart, dedicated and committed to her job and the victims she represents. The former emergency nurse took to policing in 2011 and soon knew she wanted to work on complex cases such as Zhang’s. Ten years later she won the Mick Miller Detective of the Year Award for her work in this case. “I’ve told her I’ll be working for her one day,” says Combridge, her squad boss."

Re the cctv jogger

Was this woman running in the same direction as Samantha?
Did she go jogging into the same trails?
And it seems it was the same time frame, no?

Or maybe she went running just along the roads in the vicinity of houses.
I thought there was some press coverage that the mysterious jogger was heading in the opposite direction to Sam but to be honest, there are no facts so who knows?

But even in the only presser.. the hubby was exceptionally vague.

I’m very very quiet, but the fear of people forgetting about the case would force me to keep trying…say something..
And that might just blow the case out of the water and prevent charges being laid or a successful trial. All the trouble Lisa Wilkinson caused by speaking out. Not the same, I know. But fam has to follow advice from police.

Misleading headline, typical daily Mail clickbait fodder
I once was tracked down by DM journo who found me by phoning a tradie I wrote a Google review of years ago. I could not believe the time it must have taken to find me.

They go to this trouble, but write misleading headlines!

Looking at satellite images, it looks like there are a few things in this area- a working gold mine with some quarry ponds, a sewage facility and Yarowee plantation. Can any locals elaborate on anything additional?
The sewerage facility??? Where exactly is that??

Re the cctv jogger

Was this woman running in the same direction as Samantha?
Did she go jogging into the same trails?
And it seems it was the same time frame, no?

Or maybe she went running just along the roads in the vicinity of houses.

I have a feeling some witnesses have come forward that might have seen something
They might have seen a couple of guys hanging around there in a vehicle

Someone could have heard Samantha scream, that would echo around there

The best people are on this job IMO. Vicpol Missing Persons Squad are excellent, methodical and dedicated.

The audio in this link is worth a listen, crime writer John Sylvester talks about the MPS.

It sounds like one of the detectives working this case is Samantha Russell. Samantha is an awesome detective, dedicated and dogged.
She was involved in the investigation of missing woman Kelly Zhang. There was media interest in the case at the time although there may not have been much coverage out of Victoria.

Here's an article about Det. Samantha Russell and her work on the Kelly Zhang case.

"Russell is everything you want to see in a modern cop. Smart, dedicated and committed to her job and the victims she represents. The former emergency nurse took to policing in 2011 and soon knew she wanted to work on complex cases such as Zhang’s. Ten years later she won the Mick Miller Detective of the Year Award for her work in this case. “I’ve told her I’ll be working for her one day,” says Combridge, her squad boss."
Good luck to her.

Toowong(s) said:
Disappointing the police haven’t been doing this since Day 1?! WTF

IMO, I think this is positive news. Why, police only release information to the media/ public when there’s a reason. I believe that this information has already been requested and now they’re bugged POI’s and awaiting their response from this media release.
Hopefully these POIs discuss having their phone in the vicinity on the day, get nervous, start blabbering, all while the police are listening with interest.

Otherwise police wouldn’t release this information, it serves no purpose.
So how does it work the police bugging someone's phone? Can they just do it to anyone? or do you have to have some sort of legal clearance like a warrant?

It seems like every news outlet in the country, has gone with the “phone ping/ data” story today …

Making one wonder if a Police Press Statement was released???

The Herald has added two additional statements that cause concern…

The Herald understands the case remains a riddle for those officers after its first 29 days.

And later in the same article

The Murphy investigation shapes as a marathon with no standout leads after its first four weeks.

Let’s hope that is not the case …….. But rather, the statements are aimed at someone in particular to make them think that is the case ….

Paywalled for some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member