Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Did the attacker of Sissy leave any evidence?
Has he been caught?
I don't think so.

JMO
JMO - I'm not convinced that Sissy's attack was random. She was a former Greens Senate candidate, and an indigenous rights activist. Her politics which may have provoked someone. MOO

https://www..au/sissy-austin-attack/

I've been thinking--someone paranoid, who's seen her before and has the idea she's spying on him or is casing his shed or taking pictures on the sly.

Good point.

There are large properties near when she runs.

I imagine a few acres or hectares in a regional area is attractive to some people because they don’t like people very much, want their privacy, go off grid.

What do we make of the long loopy trip from the north? I can't quite make out whether it's following a road, but I thought it could be looping to slow down while tracking a car . . . which eventually disappeared into Sam's forest. So perhaps not related, but the car found a good place to hide from a plane.

There are alot of stolen cars in Ballarat. This could be unrelated to SM.

There may be a simple answer to the mystery. A complex investigation because the crime is random and the offender not linked to Samantha.
Evidence may still be found and police may already have some evidence.
I'm keeping an open mind. I have never heard police say this is a targeted attack, they appear to be looking at everything.

Yes of course the police would be looking at everything, and by now, they most likely have suspects and persons of interest
More CCTV, information, data, GPS, phone telecommunications, not to mention hopefully witnesses

Former Victorian detective Damian Marrett told Hayes he believes Murphy's disappearance is the result of foul play, as changes in her digital data could suggest it was a "targeted attack".

Superintendent Hatt suggested police believed whoever helped Ms Murphy disappear had specifically targeted her.
'We have no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there’s any risk to anyone else,' he said.

I was just thinking that the random attack seems less and less likely because if the police thought this was a possibility, wouldn't they have to warn people?
I think it is a layered, planned attack. Carried out by the sort of people I have had nightmares about and they are experienced and know how to do this stuff without leaving a trace. They have been engaged by someone who wants Sam gone for whatever reason ... the possibilities are endless but there is some reason they want Sam gone. They are possibly also being influenced by another layer of involvement ...
... some people look and are easily led ... it must be a big reason because you don't get someone knocked off because their voice annoys you or whatever but remember this stuff can build up over years, decades sometimes.

I don’t think the police would warn the public, no.

I don’t think that would happen unless more women went missing.

The more people involved, the greater the ripple effect (ie., the more people that might know or notice something, like a partner being up early or acting differently, having unexplained bruises, masks etc). There must be layers of ripples at each stage of whatever has unfolded…. And layers of consequences…. Things that happen or don’t happen…. More or fewer ripples….

"once you open the door and allow people in…it's very hard to then control how far that ripple effect is. ~ Rosie O'Donnell
"Big Data allows us to see patterns we have never seen before. This will clearly show us interdependence and connections that will lead to a new way of looking at everything…”. ~ Tiffany Shlain

Haven't the police said publicly that they don't believe that there is any risk to the public? Could they declare that if they have any suspicions that this is a random job and that there is some guy preying on joggers? Wouldn't there be some liability legally if another jogger goes missing next week because she thought there was no risk despite what happened to Sam because the police reassured her?

Dbm

Last edited:
I was just thinking that the random attack seems less and less likely because if the police thought this was a possibility, wouldn't they have to warn people?
I think it is a layered, planned attack....
Yes, I was also saying the same thing in earlier threads.

Don’t police trust their own words of there’s no danger to the community? Why bother interviewing this person with a long ‘rap sheet’ if they truly believed he is rehabilitated and not a threat to the public. Why seek an alibi without any evidence?

The truth is, there’s rapists, murderers, people affected by serious mental health issues walking among us every day. Add all the people who have been convicted on lesser charges walking the streets and the public are never ever truly safe. Thankfully, the majority of us never cross paths with these people but a few innocent people do and they suffer the consequences. I’m sure we all know people that have either been subject to a crime by a repeat offender or are an undesirable and leave a wake of crime and people behind.

After the 2018 murder of Eurydice Dixon, the Vic police copped a lot of backlash about warning women with regard to their personal safety walking alone.
They don’t tend to warn people anymore.

A theory I’ve wondered about is whether SM knowingly or unknowingly made someone very angry.

As a woman of a similar age, I’ve seen that some men can really take exception to something minor I’ve said or done.

Particularly if they think I’m too assertive or not being subservient to them.

It doesn’t even have to be something major. Some people just have really fragile ego
However thankfully Awakening, you weren't murdered. There is a huge difference in being angry to being homicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee