Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A theory I’ve wondered about is whether SM knowingly or unknowingly made someone very angry.

As a woman of a similar age, I’ve seen that some men can really take exception to something minor I’ve said or done.

Particularly if they think I’m too assertive or not being subservient to them.

It doesn’t even have to be something major. Some people just have really fragile egos.
I've been thinking--someone paranoid, who's seen her before and has the idea she's spying on him or is casing his shed or taking pictures on the sly.

Did the attacker of Sissy leave any evidence?
Has he been caught?
I don't think so.

JMO
Yes he left a hand made weapon, and thankfully he didn't kidnap Sissy, he left her injured on the ground

Maybe a motive as Sissy was a former greens senate candidate, or the attacker had other issues effecting him

But the police don't think the two cases are related and neither do I

Yes he left a hand made weapon, and thankfully he didn't kidnap Sissy, he left her injured on the ground

Maybe a motive as Sissy was a former greens senate candidate, or the attacker had other issues effecting him

But the police and don't think the two cases are related

I don't think it is related too.

But
my POINT is,
he didn't leave enough evidence to get caught.

On the first day SM went missing.

Would they have activated the "Find My Phone" and what would it have shown. Surely that was done before 5pm?

Last edited:
This is a complicated case, and it does have a lot of moving parts, in a planned attack

very hard to see this as a random attack, there is no evidence left and no body left
There may be a simple answer to the mystery. A complex investigation because the crime is random and the offender not linked to Samantha.
Evidence may still be found and police may already have some evidence.
I'm keeping an open mind. I have never heard police say this is a targeted attack, they appear to be looking at everything.

There may be a simple answer to the mystery. A complex investigation because the crime is random and the offender not linked to Samantha.
Evidence may still be found and police may already have some evidence.
I'm keeping an open mind. I have never heard police say this is a targeted attack, they appear to be looking at everything.

Chances are that if it was planned, the perps might be caught.
Motive could be a clue.

If it was random, I'm rather pessimistic.
It could be anyone.
Only hope is that the perp was stupid enough to bring a phone.

Or there was a witness.

JMO

God, I never wanted to get to this point because I just don't think he looks like a guy who could plot anything, but the husband is the only one who knew she left, she probably mentioned what route she'd take etc. ... surely he's not involved. I think I need a stiff drink. The police would have checked his phone though...
or she could have met or run into someone else from the dinner,
on her run, someone with an agenda?

I don't think it is related too.

But
my POINT is,
he didn't leave enough evidence to get caught.

I don't think the police have put all their resources into finding the attacker, if they did, they would probably have him.
But he did leave enough evidence to have been properly investigated.

If Sissy's attacker wanted no evidence to be found, he would have killed Sissy
which happened 20 km away

In Sam's case, there is no body and no evidence, police believe more than one attacker

and with new information, they probably know who the people are behind this including the perpetrators

( and to be honest we don’t even know if the search was actually related to Sam’s disappearance??? But we assume it was)
What do we make of the long loopy trip from the north? I can't quite make out whether it's following a road, but I thought it could be looping to slow down while tracking a car . . . which eventually disappeared into Sam's forest. So perhaps not related, but the car found a good place to hide from a plane.

and with new information, they probably know who the people are behind this including the perpetrators

I hope you are right :)
I want them caught!!!!!!!!!!

I have been thinking of motive

It is either someone close to her ie targeted with a motive , ( anger , money , control, jealousy)

Or totally random psychopath - we don’t know what the motive is ( misogyny, indifference , sexual deviant etc )

Or a mixture - someone close to her - hires a psychopath to kill her ??

however police have alluded to it bring targeted & general public not in danger ?

I have been thinking of motive

It is either someone close to her ie targeted with a motive , ( anger , money , control, jealousy)

Or totally random psychopath - we don’t know what the motive is ( misogyny, indifference , sexual deviant etc )

Or a mixture - someone close to her - hires a psychopath to kill her ??

however police have alluded to it bring targeted & general public not in danger ?
I was just thinking that the random attack seems less and less likely because if the police thought this was a possibility, wouldn't they have to warn people?
I think it is a layered, planned attack. Carried out by the sort of people I have had nightmares about and they are experienced and know how to do this stuff without leaving a trace. They have been engaged by someone who wants Sam gone for whatever reason ... the possibilities are endless but there is some reason they want Sam gone. They are possibly also being influenced by another layer of involvement ...
... some people look and are easily led ... it must be a big reason because you don't get someone knocked off because their voice annoys you or whatever but remember this stuff can build up over years, decades sometimes.

What do we make of the long loopy trip from the north? I can't quite make out whether it's following a road, but I thought it could be looping to slow down while tracking a car . . . which eventually disappeared into Sam's forest. So perhaps not related, but the car found a good place to hide from a plane.
I would agree with your assessment that it could be following roads south from Meldon down to Ballarat … from looking at map … and could possibly have been following a car ???

IMO

I was just thinking that the random attack seems less and less likely because if the police thought this was a possibility, wouldn't they have to warn people?
I think it is a layered, planned attack. Carried out by the sort of people I have had nightmares about and they are experienced and know how to do this stuff without leaving a trace. They have been engaged by someone who wants Sam gone for whatever reason ... the possibilities are endless but there is some reason they want Sam gone. They are possibly also being influenced by another layer of involvement ...
... some people look and are easily led ... it must be a big reason because you don't get someone knocked off because their voice annoys you or whatever but remember this stuff can build up over years, decades sometimes.
Exactly

IF
it was planned,
the mastermind might have been a woman.

JMO

Yes, that’s true.

I tend to notice it more when I as a woman am telling a man to do something or giving constructive criticism. It can cause real anger.

It can happen with women too of course but I don’t tend to see this anger in them. Because it’s not insulting to them. They might disagree, they might be annoyed but not enraged.

Of course this is just my personal observation based on my personal experiences.

And I’m not a very assertive person. And there’s a stigma of a middle aged woman giving feedback as being a *insert woman’s name here*.

I’m not talking about women who are really rude and complain about silly things.

But being a middle aged woman I find even when my requests are reasonable and polite some people really resent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans