Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone at that dinner has passed on info to perps ... it has to be. How else?
God, I never wanted to get to this point because I just don't think he looks like a guy who could plot anything, but the husband is the only one who knew she left, she probably mentioned what route she'd take etc. ... surely he's not involved. I think I need a stiff drink. The police would have checked his phone though...

So...
What about alibi?
I guess everyone at this dinner was thoroughly investigated.

JMO
Sure , but we don’t really know where the police are up to .. obviously they need to have some evidence to charge - maybe they are still gathering it ?
I hope they charge someone soon - otherwise fear it will be a cold case

SM was running every day, her routes wouldn’t have changed that much. Until the perp is caught, if it was targeted, it could’ve simply have been that they’ve seen her take this route before and they wait.

Who knows how many days prior they’d attempted this but for circumstances unbeknown to us, kidnap/ murder attempts were aborted.

Unfortunately women walkers/ runners are stalked and targeted frequently, this isn’t new. A 13yo boy in Adelaide was just charged and bailed for this exact thing. People don’t always need inside information to commit these crimes.

Assuming for a minute it was a planned targeted attack, there might be a possibility that the perpetrators did at least one "dry run" in the days before.

This could present further evidence to the investigators of their presence in the Mount Clear area such as vehicle, electronic devices, cctv/dashcam etc

Any thoughts?

God, I never wanted to get to this point because I just don't think he looks like a guy who could plot anything, but the husband is the only one who knew she left, she probably mentioned what route she'd take etc. ... surely he's not involved. I think I need a stiff drink. The police would have checked his phone though...
True , I think the police have yo build a case that will stick . They gather as much info / evidence as possible - then charge .

@Dogmum05 - I'm going to attach the files I have of various search areas (printed in media or otherwise via this forum)

1) This first one is from ABC online (news) article - 7th of Feb 2024 - indicating these are the initial search areas
View attachment 487913

2) Next one is news article (also ABC) from 11th Feb 2024 - notice the search areas differ
View attachment 487914

3) then on 17th Feb 2024 - the vicpol helicopter spent time here
View attachment 487915

3) continued - helicopter seemed to land/was off radar at about this location for a period of time (also 17 Feb 2024) before returning to Melbourne (Essendon)

View attachment 487916

4) Mount Clear area indicated as new search zone of interest - 23rd Feb 2024 (*same day LE confirm they have phone/digital confirmation of her location at Mount Clear)

View attachment 487918

5) 7 news prints a picture with locations - 3/4 March 2024
View attachment 487923

6) Today - police plane revisits Ballarat - 4 March 2024 (*same day info about LE having increased availability of phone data from towers)

View attachment 487920

View attachment 487921

Hope this is helpful to have all in one recent post. If anyone has any additional bits I've missed, let me know and I will edit.

You are amazing! You are my new favourite sleuther. <modsnip>

With your last 2 pics of the plane circulating what areas are they mainly covering?

Last edited by a moderator:
What area is this?

It's the route that we think Sam ran.

I find if I enlarge the screenshot, I can read the suburb/town names that are showing. When I enlarge this pic, I can see Buninyong out of (not in) the yellow circles and to the south of them. And I can see Ballarat above and slightly to the left of the yellow circles.

imo

I thought her route has been thoroughly checked.
But it seems Police still stick to it.
I'm beginning to return to my very first theory, the simplest and the most obvious:
Random attack.
And that Samantha might be hidden somewhere along this route.

But, of course, I might change my mind again :rolleyes:

JMO

What area is this?
I touched on this a few pages back- looks like the red arrow you pointed to is in the viscinity of Ballarat Mine, a sewage facility and several ponds that are located between Mount Clear and City of Ballarat

Looking at satellite images, it looks like there are a few things in this area- a working gold mine with some quarry ponds, a sewage facility and Yarowee plantation. Can any locals elaborate on anything additional?
You'll have to zoom in on a map, but it's in the area of Ballarat Mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240304_072521_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240304_072521_Maps.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240304_072626_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240304_072626_Maps.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 11
I touched on this a few pages back- looks like the red arrow you pointed to is in the viscinity of Ballarat Mine, a sewage facility and several ponds that are located between Mount Clear and City of Ballarat

Ponds.... :(

SM was running every day, her routes wouldn’t have changed that much. Until the perp is caught, if it was targeted, it could’ve simply have been that they’ve seen her take this route before and they wait.

Who knows how many days prior they’d attempted this but for circumstances unbeknown to us, kidnap/ murder attempts were aborted.

Unfortunately women walkers/ runners are stalked and targeted frequently, this isn’t new. A 13yo boy in Adelaide was just charged and bailed for this exact thing. People don’t always need inside information to commit these crimes.
I thought the 13 year old boy was from Melbourne.

Boy charged after alleged sexual assault of Melbourne jogger​

A 13-year-old boy has been charged after a woman was allegedly sexually assaulted on a popular walking track in Melbourne's south-east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214