Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember/know of any sources stating that female searchers had been harassed?

I read it today, but in a DM article, so wondering if it was reported elsewhere.
I do remember reading that.
But it was from the same article that Dotta posted, around the 19th February.
So far I've only seen it in this same Daily Mail article.

Do we know who SM took the AVO Apprehended Violence Order) order out on? Either I am having severe brain fog or it was never said.
There are 2 types I believe: ADVO-Apprehended Domestic Violence Order and APVO-Apprehended Personal Violence Order.
I was up late looking at court records in the AU courts, trying to find something. Taking me a while as I am not familiar with that court system. Someone else want to take a shot at it? I did find several “familiar” names, just having trouble.

I think there is so many things going on but this is the first I've heard of the AVO, does anyone have the link to this ?
thank you in advance

I think there is so many things going on but this is the first I've heard of the AVO, does anyone have the link to this ?
thank you in advance
I should have linked it. Sorry. I’ll dig!

WS member SLouth posted a few threads back. I can’t like an article-every time I try to open one, they are paywalled for me. I wasn’t sure how to link SLouths post, so I copied and pasted…

Paraphrased from a new article in the Herald Sun

Dozens of rumours swirl in Ballarat, from matrimonial distress to financial hardship, and an affair …

There has been talk of a recent suicide in the Murphy wider circle.

This one could be important to the case ????? - an AVO had been taken out on an extended family member.

And suggestions that a recent family holiday to Torquay had been “fragmented” .

Paywalled for some
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...k/news-story/a489216b7df3c6a134dc1f73ad7779a7

"All I know is that she was due to come back for brunch, and [her husband] Mick has called Sam and her phone was off and her phone's never off. So after that, he put out the alert."

Interesting...i don't think i've heard that before or i'm just not remembering
I remember reading it early on in DM.
Soon after the disappearance.

Does anyone know much about thermal imaging? I’m interested to know, how long a deceased body would stay warm for, enough that they could be picked up on thermal imaging.

And can thermal imaging cameras be used from aircraft?
According to this study, insect masses on a decomposing body can generate a heat signature that's visible to thermal imaging cameras on aircraft for up to three weeks. I hate to think of Sam in that state, but it seems they should have been able to spot her from the air if she were out in the open somewhere in the first few weeks of her disappearance, if she was indeed deceased. Now that it's been a month, I don't know how successful they would be.

Helicopter thermal imaging for detecting insect infested cadavers

I know we’re not supposed to bash the media but this is such trash from DM, to dredge up and publish photos from a 2017 Bali trip, including grieving kids, then track down the tour guide for comments (about a customer from 7-8 years ago?!) and then print this in the headline “her tour guide breaks his silence about what he witnessed”. Breaks is silence, really? My second WTF for the day.

DM I know you read this for ideas for your articles and clickbait headlines - do better & respect a grieving family, especially kids. IMO.

I wonder who gave DM these ?

Could the article have been pulled because it mentioned about the AVO?

That, to me, seems to imply it is important to the case and it was pulled in order to not have this aspect further discussed in the public and risk compromising the investigation.

Just to clarify, the article was not pulled. The rumours that the article included were quickly edited out in the time between Slouth posting the article and the very short time after that when I read the article.

Six specific rumours were initially stated, then all six rumours were quickly edited out.

All they left in the article was that (paraphrased) 'rumours were swirling' and 'the rumours could all be nonsense'.

imo

This is the article which is still available, in its edited form.

The task force must be so busy, now they have 770 leads to follow up as well as all the 1000's of CCTV hours & now the tower dumps!

"It's a huge job, a huge job because there is so much information coming in and you have to go down every single rabbit burrow because you don't want to miss something. If you're the one that's missed it, it would be terrible."

Police have revealed they have been wading through 12,000 hours of CCTV and on Monday confirmed they have 770 pieces of information.

Haunting twist in Samantha Murphy's disappearance as volunteer search continues​

Anyone know what the "haunting twist" is ? :rolleyes::oops:

Haunting twist in Samantha Murphy's disappearance as volunteer search continues​

Anyone know what the "haunting twist" is ? :rolleyes::oops:
I think it's the beat up about the perp/s joining the searches. Been around for ages as a theory and may be true but the DM is always using these sensationalist headlines with any old story. I am disgusted that they did that family holiday in Bali story. I would love to know who handed those photos etc. to them. Probably big bucks for whoever sold their soul.

New Article

Retired police officer of 30 years Narelle Fraser said while she understood the community “wants to help”, it could be creating more problems for investigators.
If they find something that they think is part of the investigation, they might take that to the police,” she told ABC’s 7.30 program on Monday night.

“Then the police have to take a report, they have to find out whether it’s part of the investigation or not.

“All this takes time and I think sometimes it can cause great difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member