Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What area is this?
It is roughly this area ….. Just a rough estimation of the flight path… looking at the map …

IMG_1370.jpeg

From under Mt Clear …the Yarrowee Plantation up to the left beside Sebastopol and Delacombe…. Up to the big lake at the Botanical Gardens
Across the top of Black Hill and Brown Hill and down the Canadian Plantation Area on the right ..

Please don’t be too critical … it’s just a rough guide of the area that was flown over …. ( and to be honest we don’t even know if the search was actually related to Sam’s disappearance??? But we assume it was)

IMO

Edit to add … in reference to this map

Last edited:
True , I think the police have yo build a case that will stick . They gather as much info / evidence as possible - then charge .
I think you are right Polydot. I have gone back to your earlier comments and you have been on the money all along. Police probably know broadly what this has all been about. They have probably known for a while. It is an attack with a twist so to speak. They now have to have enough evidence to pin it on all those involved. Poor Sam. Poor kids.

I think you are right Polydot. I have gone back to your earlier comments and you have been on the money all along. Police probably know broadly what this has all been about. They have probably known for a while. It is an attack with a twist so to speak. They now have to have enough evidence to pin it on all those involved. Poor Sam. Poor kids.
I really really hope it ends soon , those kids & her parents can’t really even start the grieving process

I thought her route has been thoroughly checked.
But it seems Police still stick to it.
I'm beginning to return to my very first theory, the simplest and the most obvious:
Random attack.
And that Samantha might be hidden somewhere along this route.

But, of course, I might change my mind again :rolleyes:

JMO
Same thoughts here.
I think that Samantha is a victim of a random crime.
A planned and targeted attack has too many moving parts, too complicated.
She could still be in the bush somewhere in that region. It's a vast area. IMO

Was there a dinner get together ? As Detective Superintendent Mark Hatt has not mentioned this or the family brunch the next day at his press conference
Both have been reported in MSN

From Thread 1.

During dinner with her husband Michael, known as Mick, and friends the night before, Murphy had revealed she’d worked her way up from a keen bushwalker to a more than capable runner. She announced she was planning a 14-kilometre run before the weather got too hot the next day.

SNIP

The search began after police received a report from the family on Sunday that Murphy was missing after she failed to show up to brunch.

When she still hadn’t made contact with loved ones by Monday morning, police put out a public appeal for information on her whereabouts

Paywalled for some

Same thoughts here.

I guess the nature of her Business caused the detour from the most obvious scenario.

But....
Time will tell.

We can be certain of...nothing.

JMO

The police are saying that something happened at Mt Clear. I think someone also knew what path Sam was on, why I think it was all planned
And another reason why police think more than one person involved at Mt Clear, they have said, believed it was targeted on Samantha

Because two or more could have been involved at the abduction of Samantha at Mt Clear

There could be others involved as well

I guess the nature of her Business caused the detour from the most obvious scenario.

But....
Time will tell.

We can be certain of...nothing.

JMO
A random attack scenario would be better for her kids and those who genuinely love her to come to terms with. Wrong place, wrong time ... really really bad luck.

The planned attack which I have only really started to get my slow learning brain around today is a shocking one ... one that will leave her genuine loved ones stunned, her kids broken, but who knows ... maybe some of them have felt it all along.

I really want this whole thing to be over and justice served. Love to you Sam. You did so much for so many ... you certainly deserved so much better.

In my brain it looked like the plane was circling over a specific small spot like someone’s property.

But due to my inability to read maps, I thought I’d better clarify!

A theory I’ve wondered about is whether SM knowingly or unknowingly made someone very angry.

As a woman of a similar age, I’ve seen that some men can really take exception to something minor I’ve said or done.

Particularly if they think I’m too assertive or not being subservient to them.

It doesn’t even have to be something major. Some people just have really fragile egos.

A theory I’ve wondered about is whether SM knowingly or unknowingly made someone very angry.

As a woman of a similar age, I’ve seen that some men can really take exception to something minor I’ve said or done.

It doesn’t even have to be something major. Some people just have really fragile egos.

IF
it was planned,
the mastermind might have been a woman.

JMO

Same thoughts here.

This is a complicated case, and it does have a lot of moving parts, in a planned attack

very hard to see this as a random attack, there is no evidence left and no body left

It looks like she has made someone angry for someone/persons to have taken her and a motive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13