Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very interesting that MM reported Samantha missing Only two hours after she failed to return home at 9 am
She was reported missing at around 11 am

Normally you would go out and do a good search, get some mates in 4WDs and walk around and have a good look where she might have gone or if she had fallen on the path

And normally you would give it still a couple of hours more, before you carried out a good search, just in case she might have decided to walk back etc, and then after that call the police

but it seems too soon for the police to have been called

The police would be able to track if any calls and messages were made to her phone or friend's phones from him in a worry concern, as there would be numerous calls and messages made

Unless of course he knew she wasn't in there

I think she was abducted near a road for convenience. She crossed 4 roads between home and disappearing. The red line is an approximation, the dot is Boak Road. Roads are partially marked in purple.

How close to the roads are the mineshafts?

I lean towards one person who saw her jogging, figured out her routine, figured out a convenient time for him to abduct her, and abducted her quickly and efficiently. I think she left the area in a vehicle, involuntarily.

View attachment 487378
Say if she was abducted and driven away, what do you believe happened to her devices?

If LE can track biometric data from these devices (without having the device) and IF the devices remained with SM (or the perp) then LE can see if the speed changed and the route the vehicle took. I’d love to know if they have this data. I assume they would.

OR the devices were removed from SM and destroyed. But if there was a ping at 5pm that tells me the device was not destroyed until later in the day on 4 Feb.

Therefore I would assume that LE have access to data that shows the movement of SM’s device(s) AFTER the 8am ‘incident’ at Mt Clear.

Remembering too that they have asked for CCTV / dash cam footage up until 7pm that day.

IMO possible timeline:
  • 7am - SM goes running
  • 8am - ‘incident’ at Mt Clear uncovered through phone data
  • Between 8am and 5pm - SM’s device(s) move around / ping either attached or not to SM or in perps possession and LE have this data
  • 5pm - devices destroyed
All MOO

Say if she was abducted and driven away, what do you believe happened to her devices?

If LE can track biometric data from these devices (without having the device) and IF the devices remains with SM, then LE can see if the speed changed and the route the vehicle took. I’d love to know if they have this data.

OR the devices were removed from SM and destroyed. But if there was a ping at 5pm that tells me the device was not destroyed until later in the day on 4 Feb.

Therefore I would assume that LE have access to data that shows the movement of SM’s device(s) AFTER the 8am ‘incident’ at Mt Clear.

Remembering too that they have asked for CCTV / dash cam footage up until 7pm that day.

IMO possible timeline:
  • 7am - SM goes running
  • Between 8am and 5pm - SM’s device(s) move around / ping either attached or not to SM or in perps possession and LE have this data
All MOO
This sounds like a targeted hit. Someone who knows exactly what they are doing..!
I would have no idea how to destroy my phone/devices etc… somewhere in the perpetrators plan there will be a slip up that will crack this case wide open IMOO

If LE can track biometric data from these devices (without having the device) and IF the devices remained with SM (or the perp) then LE can see if the speed changed and the route the vehicle took. I’d love to know if they have this data. I assume they would.

IMO possible timeline:
  • 7am - SM goes running
All MOO

It could have been thrown out from a vehicle when Samantha was taken and the ping was coming from that area

This sounds like a targeted hit. Someone who knows exactly what they are doing..!
I would have no idea how to destroy my phone/devices etc… somewhere in the perpetrators plan there will be a slip up that will crack this case wide open IMOO
Crims would know all the tricks ... probably do training courses for each other in jail. I agree that he will have messed up something. He probably has a drug and alcohol impacted brain and that jittery nervy edgy approach that so often reduces ability to concentrate. Only a matter of time ... jail term for kidnapping or murder? Let's hope his brain gets into gear for that decision.

I’m assuming yes with or without being synced to SM other devices. They would have some sort of serial or identifying number which would be registered to SM apple account. Correct me if I’m wrong please
yeah they do, they have serial number and they get paired with your device/apple account so they're also trackable with Find My

Perp and associates have less chance of having their eyeballs and other parts of their bodies extracted by other inmates in jail if they let Sam live and release her. Otherwise, if they kill her, it will be a bloodbath for them in jail and I doubt they'll get any kind of protection at all. This is a really high profile case and word gets around very quickly in jail. It's up there with child abuse stealing a mum from her kids.

This is a brilliant map thank you. For someone who has never been to Ballarat it's really helpful. Can someone tell me where the golf course is situated and can someone remind me why it became significant again? Also, what's south of Mt Clear ... suburbia or semi-rural holdings? Any run down old properties with pitbulls or similar dogs keeping people away?
Golf course became significant due to a rumour that her phone pinged near a golf course that was 11 km from her home. Today, that is unverified - conflicting reports.

Google Map

This is the topo map link zoomed in on Boak Road. Zoom out and have a look around.

Topo Map

Attachments

• 1709349760408.png
    1709349760408.png
    612.9 KB · Views: 36
“It is only very occasionally that a missing person case strikes a chord like this,” she told news.com.au.

She said Murphy was the "ideal victim" as going by the information available at the moment, she appears to have been living a "totally innocent life" as a "very normal, very average woman".

In a similar fashion to the disappearances of William Tyrrell and Cleo Smith, Prof Mallett says Murphy's case puts fear into Australians with the belief it could happen to anyone.

“A lot of people could say, ‘that could have been me’,” she said

IMO possible timeline:
  • 7am - SM goes running
All MOO

I agree this is an interesting period of time between the 8:00am incident and the time of the last ping (or when the devices were destroyed).

One problem in your comment though, is that we do not know the time of the last ping (near the golf course) - there was no confirmation it was at 5:00pm. I think some media reports had mentioned before 5:00pm, which could mean hours before. Also the Acting Superintendent Mark Hatt has not wanted to discuss or confirm any details surrounding this ping.

He offered the eerie theory that of the 300 locals involved in the search party, a potential killer could be among them.

"Police will also be considering that one of those searchers is the (alleged) killer in that they have inculcated themselves into that situation to be seen as part of the community, but also keeping an eye on what’s going on," he said.

Another theory discussed in recent days is the possibility Murphy has fallen down one of the city's former mine shafts left behind from a once-booming gold industry. Locals however say Murphy was well acquainted with the surrounding terrain and the idea she may have fallen in accidentally is not plausible.

Police previously announced they are now looking for a body, all but ruling out finding Murphy alive. They said everyone close to Murphy has been identified as a 'person of interest', however stressed that did not make them a suspect

I wonder if her pace changed throughout her run. It was a slower pace than normal but what was it in 5min increments?

I find it very interesting that MM reported Samantha missing Only two hours after she failed to return home at 9 am
She was reported missing at around 11 am

Normally you would go out and do a good search, get some mates in 4WDs and walk around and have a good look where she might have gone or if she had fallen on the path

And normally you would give it still a couple of hours more, before you carried out a good search, just in case she might have decided to walk back etc, and then after that call the police

but it seems too soon for the police to have been called

The police would be able to track if any calls and messages were made to her phone or friend's phones from him in a worry concern, as there would be numerous calls and messages made

Unless of course he knew she wasn't in there
Hey Nifty. I've heard that he was called by friends saying she didn't turn up for brunch at 1pm and he reported her missing at that time. But, still it was a bit soon, IMO. Unless SM had recently had threats or MM received ransom note. Or as you say, unless he knew she wasn't in there. All these conflicting times are so frustrating. Police are tight lipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties