Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why there is a cut-off time of 7pm.

"Any motorists who had travelled through the area between 7am and 7pm on Sunday are also asked to review their dash-cam footage."

Could it be that authorities/family/friends/locals were already out looking for her at that time, so any movements of Samantha or anyone else of interest would have been seen/noticed/accounted for by/after that time?

The camper who mentioned seeing SM run by on the Saturday. They were in a caravan and they were camping in Woowookarung Regional Park which is between 5 - 6 km from SM's house or about 1hour 20 minutes walk away according to google maps. MOO

Don't get me started!!!

Partner likes wearing T-shirts (good quality I am often reminded - yes) with company logo - any chance they can (seemingly every weekend).

But also no longer works for this company and if a trade person arrives to do work - they automatically think that partner still does work for that company.(awkward explaining and lots of eye rolling - que walking away from that can of worms.) MOO

In an interview with a friend of hers, a well spoken yet distraught lady , again, she underlined, many times how 'strong' Samantha is.

And this repetition is starting to puzzle me , what do they mean by this? what strength has she had to produce , and under what circumstances?.. do they mean physical strength? personality strength ? mental health ??

I don't think my friends would automatically say that about me, yet this is the theme running thru her friends comments, and they all look like sensible , salt of the earth , reliable women of a certain strength themselves...

What is goin on out there among Australian women of a certain age????
Trooper, being a strong woman, to me means they have endured a lot. Eg domestic violence, significant Ill health eg cancer, a divorce, financial collapse or husband's infedality. You wouldn't say that about a woman who has just lost her parents or something. That's normal grief. But to me (68yo) a strong woman has endured something major or out of the ordinary. I doubt it would be financial, as that would affect him too given she works in the business. MOO of what 'strong woman' means

I wonder why there is a cut-off time of 7pm.

"Any motorists who had travelled through the area between 7am and 7pm on Sunday are also asked to review their dash-cam footage."

Yes I agree very interesting why 7pm?? IMO

Someone is accounted for after this time?? JMO

Something closes at 7pm - Golf Club?? MOO

Could it be that authorities/family/friends/locals were already out looking for her at that time, so any movements of Samantha or anyone else of interest would have been seen/noticed/accounted for by/after that time?
Yes I agree very interesting why 7pm?? IMO

Someone is accounted for after this time?? JMO

Something closes at 7pm - Golf Club?? MOO

Just another suggestion ... maybe they are starting to get some info from Samantha's devices. Which might adjust their timelines/focus.

Eg: I don't know what features her Apple watch has. Some kind of running app. A heart rate monitor. Something else.

imo

Did Police wait 6 days before door knocking residents on Eureka Street, to ask for CCTV footage ???

This is from the local paper - yesterday’s update … at 3pm….

Search operations in the Buninyong area were noticeably reduced on the morning of Saturday, February 10, but detectives were seen on Eurkea Street, near the home of Ms Murphy, going door to door and asking residents for CCTV footage.

Even if recordings do not depict Ms Murphy, detectives are still keen to review any footage from the area taken between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, February 4.

Something is off about the whole story. The running, the timing of the run, the brunch story is the only solid fact that is standing up all the way thru. The watch, the phone, the no water, the dog poo, the running location.... all a bit dreamy and fuzzy..
We don't even know if the still of her with the dog poo is the same day. Could be anyway. And it looks like she has already done her run. If she didn't bother to take water, she'd hardly bother to have taken doggy poo bags. I think this still might be from another time when she took their dog for a walk

Did Police wait 6 days before door knocking residents on Eureka Street, to ask for CCTV footage ???

Search operations in the Buninyong area were noticeably reduced on the morning of Saturday, February 10, but detectives were seen on Eurkea Street, near the home of Ms Murphy, going door to door and asking residents for CCTV footage.

Even if recordings do not depict Ms Murphy, detectives are still keen to review any footage from the area taken between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, February 4.

It raises some concerns if they waited so long to request CCTV footage from residents. Ideally, the investigation should explore various factors contributing to her disappearance rather than solely relying on a land search. In my opinion, I pondered whether the local police might have a close relationship with the family or husband, potentially introducing a level of bias.

Like others have said about the "strong woman" comment. Must be some ongoing struggle?? JMO

Daughter said in press conference:-

"Mum's a really strong woman and she's far too determined to give up this fight"

I originally thought - strong - as in referring to physical strength. So if SM had met with adversity - sprained ankle, or had to make a physical detour due to some unforeseen reason - that she would be determined to strive to keep going endure pain or brainstorm how to overcome problem. IMO

But maybe it's a more mental battle she is facing or setback she has to overcome?? OMO

New update at 2:40pm today

On Sunday February 11, detectives were again present on Eureka Street, and were joined by uniform police, who were seen pulling over passing cars and interviewing drivers.

I think that maybe it was that the police asked everyone to review their own footage. Now they are collecting the footage ... probably so they can go over it all for themselves for other clues (besides Samantha).

I am noticing again that first they were looking at "over the past six days" ... now they want to "review between 7am and 7pm".

'Even if the footage does not depict Samantha, detectives are keen to review all footage in the areas between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, 4 February,' police said in a statement.

'Police previously urged everyone in the Ballarat East and Mount Helen areas, particularly around the Canadian Forest, to check their CCTV for any possible sightings over the past six days; however, [we] would now like to collect all footage.'

Last edited:

Like others have said about the "strong woman" comment. Must be some ongoing struggle?? JMO

Daughter said in press conference:-

"Mum's a really strong woman and she's far too determined to give up this fight"

I originally thought - strong - as in referring to physical strength. So if SM had met with adversity - sprained ankle, or had to make a physical detour due to some unforeseen reason - that she would be determined to strive to keep going endure pain or brainstorm how to overcome problem. IMO

But maybe it's a more mental battle she is facing or setback she has to overcome?? OMO
Ongoing struggle makes sense to me. My first thoughts were that the daughter sees her Mum as resilient and determined and "strong woman" implied to me that she possesses emotional or mental strength, and the phrase "far too determined to give up this fight" indicated to me that she is facing some challenges or difficulties but is unwilling to surrender or give in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove